This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Classic Pack".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Locations
- 2 In game availability
- 3 Do you have to have Live?
- 4 Do you get it every playthrough or just the first?
- 5 i dont receive the items?
- 6 Where?
- 7 Vault dweller retired to the Mojave?
- 8 Best Pre-Order pack out of all four
- 9 Quick Question. Please anwser as soon as possible.
- 10 olivers compound
- 11 Classic Pack
Tezla, I think the reason is PSN, and the same reasons that PSN waited so long for the addons, sorry but It looks like it will be the same situation: Xbox 360 users (like me) will get the addons a few days before PC users. But months before PSN users, (I know how you feel that situation reverses sometimes). Contact me on my talk if you want.Vault 815 02:26, June 11, 2010 (UTC)
Couldn't you get these with console commands? I know of mods to get an Armored V13 suit anyways. Big McLargeHuge 09:16, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, on the PC it's pretty pointless. Ausir(talk) 14:07, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Wait. If NV is using the Gamebryo engine... then won't mods that were made for FO3 work for NV? – 20:01, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
- No, but theoretically, if Obsidian hasn't made too many tweaks, they will be able to be ported over with virtually no effort. But if Obsidian has made substantial changes to the engine porting them over will be difficult or even impossible if Obsidian doesn't release their own GECK. Sparrow475 22:04, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- this pack is for the ps3 dont worry to all you swell ps3 owners out there this info comes from gamestop itself(Fryingpan57 23:08, September 6, 2010 (UTC))
The link provided leads to a page with no infomation on the pack. Could someone find a definative link to it somewhere?
Anyone know if this is only in the Australian EB Games, or is it gonig to like the US or Canada?
I believe it is also in the Canadian and American EB games and Gamestop stores.Lordqaz 22:45, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
Will there be anyway to get this in the UK? Steve-o
I cannot vouch for the validity of this website, HOWEVER working off 1 previous preorder, I can say "this is possibly true" but according to -- http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=21739 -- GAME will have this pack in the UK, though the site says nothing, I will assume that its "possibly" for now, and will wait about 40 days more before I decide to pre-order, ONLY due to the fact of I want to make sure. LBraden 21:16, August 21, 2010 (UTC)
In game availability[edit source]
Will the Vault 13 canteen be availible in game or only with the classic pack? Lordqaz 22:42, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
It probably wont since its from vault 13 therefore 'classic' other canteens may appear
Observer Eyebot (184.108.40.206 05:36, August 30, 2010 (UTC))
The vault 13 canteen will be the ONLY canteen available, all others are built into various armors. So it really is an exclusive bonus. --LordVukodlak 09:10, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
Do you have to have Live?[edit source]
Do you have to connect to Xbox Live to get the stuff? I pre-ordered today at gamestop without even thinking about the preorder bonuses... 220.127.116.11 01:52, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, you need live to use the download code for the bonus pack.--Roflguy227 01:58, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
But just the free Silver, not the paid Gold. --Kris 03:16, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Damn I cant be arsed with it, still getting collectors at least, I live in this valley with a bad internet connection so I cant get it anyway.
--18.104.22.168 18:26, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
Do you get it every playthrough or just the first?[edit source]
preordered it from gamestop and i got to wondering, do you only get the preorder bonus on your first playthrough, or every playthourh you have?- ohno21212 --22.214.171.124 03:24, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Every one. --Kris 03:57, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Excellent :) --126.96.36.199 12:09, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
i dont receive the items?[edit source]
when are we supposed to receive the pack items? the items i get from dr mitchell are bobby pins and a vault 21 suit and some other stuff but not the vault 13 suit, etc. --It'sMike! 03:51, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
- You have to type in the code inside the box to unlock the add-on. There should be instructions. 188.8.131.52 11:18, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
yes i have done that, downloaded and installed from the playstation store, and when i start my game i dont get the items. --It'sMike! 23:53, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Are you playing a saved game from before you installed the add-on? If so, you need to start a new game. Parsecboy 13:04, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
- You don't need to start a new game. I had a code in my game (even though I never pre-ordered) and intalled the add-on. When I loaded my save, it placed the items in my inventory. --Jereth Khan 22:45, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
i do have a saved game from before installing the add-on, and i have tried re-downloading and re-installing, but when i start a new game i still don't get the items. does it work for you guys?--It'sMike! 00:18, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
I'm the same. I've done the code and everything, and yet all I get is the Vault 21 suit. Anybody know why? Sir Jcd 01:03, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm, I didn't have a problem with it (aside from Sony not having tested the codes to make sure they worked on the first day) - as soon as I started the game it said the items were added to my inventory. Parsecboy 11:53, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
ahh, i figured out the problem, i only installed the english version, it seems you must download install both the english and the french one for it to work. im in canada btw. it also adds the items upon loading my saved game that i started without it. nice! --It'sMike! 01:23, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
I preordered from game and the preorder said I will recieve the classic pack but I got the game today and opened it up to find no code (ya always get a little leaflet with the code on it). I also checked my email but there was no code there either. anyone know where to code is meant to be? Ouroboros Omega 14:22, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
Oh nvm, it just came through. :3 Ouroboros Omega 00:21, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I never got one at all and I preordered from Game. Where the hell is it? Or is this not available in Ireland or something? MC93 Medic!! 00:02, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
Vault dweller retired to the Mojave?[edit source]
Since three of the four items from this pack would have been used by the original Vault Dweller, is it therefore plausible he retired to the Mojave after his adventure and simply passed his gear on to someone else when he passed?
Oh, and yes, I am aware he left one suit in Arroyo. But that wasn't an armored suit.TestECull
Best Pre-Order pack out of all four[edit source]
I find that the Classic Pack was the best out of them all. You got the Vault 13 Canteen which gives you health all the time in the game, and is a good item for Hardcore mode. I'm happy I got this pack instead of the other three which have items all found in the game already unlike the Classic Pack. MasterRPGer (talk) 09:49 PM, November 14,2010 (UTC)
Quick Question. Please anwser as soon as possible.[edit source]
I have an Xbox 360, but no internet (at least no wi-fi network to hook up to), so I'm planning to have one of my neighbors download it through their Xbox Live account, transfer it to a memory card, and put it on my hard-drive. Are there any problems with this plan? and how much memory space does it take up on the Xbox 360 (because I don't know if the ammount of data on the PC version is different)? Please anwser this as soon as you can! Thank You, and Have a Good Day. - Texas Ranger 01:00, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
olivers compound[edit source]
Adamkillakillabloodspilla 05:59, November 24, 2010 (UTC)anyone know how to enter olivers compound??
You should search the place--Blahmarrow 21:46, January 31, 2011 (UTC)
Classic Pack[edit source]
Long Story Short: I pre-ordered the DLC (classic). The code worked fine. I downloaded new DLC (Dead Money). Game glitched. I re-installed game. classic was gone and my code says invalid. I figured it was just like anything else you download. Any help??? RaginDeathAngel 00:01, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
DeathAngel, what are you playing the game on? Omolong 17:55, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- I had a similar problem. (PC Version) Dead Money didn't glitch my game, at least not bad enough to need a re-install, but my Classic Pack items were all gone. (Honestly, I'm not certain if it was Dead Money that did it or maybe it was the 1.3 patch or maybe it was one of the two dozen mods I've installed. It wasn't until I noticed I'd stopped getting those sip notices that I became aware of its disappearance. I looked in my storage containers and all my Classic Pack items were gone. But I can't swear exactly when or what caused them to go away.) After searching the Internet and not seeing any mention of a lost Classic Pack other than this one, I tried something. I had noticed that my original Classic Pack had never registered as a separate mod file with FOMM. I had activated it with Steam and had gotten the items, so it didn't bother me, but I did think it was unusual. Previously, I had purchased Fallout3 in its GotY edition and those included DLCs all were separate files in the FOMM, so I had expected the same--Dead Money also is its own file that shows in FOMM. But I just figured that all the pre-order packs were contained within the FONV core program, and just activated by the DLC code. After my pack disappeared, I checked for a crack or other method that would activate these packs. Instead, I found a torrent with mod files for each pre-order pack. So I downloaded the torrent and put the Classic Pack files in the Data directory. Activated it in FOMM and it acted like a new pack install when I re-started my latest save. In the end, it got my canteen back for me, so I was happy.