This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Covert Ops".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Breakpoint Missed[edit source]
It should be noted that when you go into the artillary outpost you can't leave. At least you can't on the PS3 version. I already put it there. Any problem with that. I missed one prior to entering and a force field of some kind blocked the exit along with the option of doing so literally. It's a cool perk to miss, but good thing that it's a useless one otherwise I'd be pi~ssed. : /
- I never tried exiting the artillery after entering. I'm about to go through it with another character, so I'll be able to confirm if it's this way on the Xbox 360 too. (By the way, please sign your posts :P) --ArmeniusLOD 18:55, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, it is this way on the Xbox 360 too. There is a force field blocking access to the doors once you enter. --ArmeniusLOD 13:49, October 7, 2009 (UTC)
Wait, are you sure it doesn't give you any bonus? Pretty silly. Ausir 13:27, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Just +1? That's relativity useless. --Nux Matrix 23:20, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Are we sure about the +1 to all skills? The only skill bonus I got was a +3 to lockpicking. Of course, I have 100's in repair, science, and small guns, so those could be improved by the perk as well. Can anyone confirm what bonuses the perk grants? --Stedh 23:48, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
It is +3 to Small Guns, Science and Lockpick. That is confirmed through the GECK.
Slightly disappointed with the perk. Nonetheless, there could be worse.
Might be useful if you do the simulation right after leaving 101, but otherwise, no. By late game I have all three of those skills at max, so completely useless for me.
Just thought everyone would like to know: The IGN Strategize video for Inside Xbox lists Covert Ops as +1 to all stats. So I'm not sure if we're missing something or not... --Turbine2k5 02:01, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Well, then IGN is wrong :-P The GECK definitely shows the Covert Ops effect as +3 to Science, Small Guns and Lockpick. // Porter21 U | T 02:17, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thought so. Left the ed. a message about it. :) --Turbine2k5 02:24, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
This seriously needs to be checked again. I would change the page but I am new here and my own test is not thorough enough. However comparing two game saves, one right before the perk, one after it, shows that ALL of my non-100 skills did get a +1 increase. Small guns was among these and got a +4 increase. The GECK means nothing when it comes to the xbox 360 version as there could easily be a difference. From my test it appears all skills get a +1 boost, while at least small guns gets an extra +3 boost in addition. Someone really should perform a more valid test and solve this issue.--Magneto391 20:14, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Are you sure the +1 to all skills didn't come from getting your Lucky 8 Ball back upon exiting the sim? // Porter21 U | T 20:25, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Good call. Forgot I even had it as it doesn't register as a (+) mark next to luck like other enhancements. That's what I get for thinking inside xbox might know what they are talking about.--Magneto391 20:41, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Either way, IGN = epic phail. --Turbine2k5 20:45, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
You tube video[edit source]
The You tube video is removed by the user and need's a new one