Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Crazy Wolfgang".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Swimming With The Radfishes
- 2 Repair boost
- 3 Lucky Shades not Working
- 4 Possibly Dead?
- 5 Crazy Impossible
- 6 Wolfdog?
- 7 QUESTION::: With the addition of Point Lookout's Workman's Coveralls, his Repairing ability is increased to 93%.
- 8 need help getting him to wear the workman's overalls
- 9 healing Crazy Wolfgang
- 10 Wolfgang Stops Roaming
- 11 Wolfgangs corpse
- 12 Won't equip Robco jumpsuit?
- 13 Bug
- 14 Schematic
- 15 /* ??? */
- 16 Pickpocketing this dude
- 17 Wolfgang Won't Move
- 18 Increasing Endurance
- 19 Max Repair
- 20 More weirdness
- 21 Nothing works
- 22 I blame the Mirelurks
- 23 Explicit Reference?
Swimming With The Radfishes[edit source]
I'm on the PS3 Version and where wolfgang stops at the citadel, it looks like they went for a swim considering the Brhamin, Guard and Crazy are just swimming in irradiated water, i can't stop it so i guess they're gonna die. got a few pictures on my phone of it for proof. gimme a minute to load them up and i'll register under Berober04 220.127.116.11 18:05, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
This is somewhat similiar to what happened to me,except mines was more mafia-style,where the mysterious stranger appeared and shot wolfgang and his team into the river,but they didnt die,i could still target them in V.A.T.S even though they ere in the corpse animation,but still least the mirelurks ate them and not the behemoths i was trying to kill Werewolfhell 17:53, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
He died on me too. I haven't found out where or why yet, but I'll assume he was killed by some random encounter. Run4urLife! 15:39, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Repair boost[edit source]
im sure the lucky shades did something. if you give to him, he might have a better chance of getting the firelance ;)--That70sdude 17:54, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
What about giving him Int boosting headgear (ie: Lincoln's hat, Button's wig)? Does that improve his repair?
Nope, tried that. Also, luck increases skill every 2 pts, so I tried giving him both the shades and three dog's headwrap. Even together they did not improve his skill. 18.104.22.168 22:51, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- If you give him better armor so he will survive better is there any way (preferably something not PC only) to get him to use a +5 repair outfit or will that be permanently out of reach as soon as he has better armor on?
- -mannon 05:28, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
Use teh mezmotron22.214.171.124 19:36, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, use the thing that makes his head blow up almost everytime. Fat Man Spoon 19:38, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
Now I'm getting really pissed off. As many sources there are on this site, as many different values about his boosted skill. I saw 85%, 90%, even 95%. Which one is true?!?--Amitakartok 15:31, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
Lucky Shades not Working[edit source]
I have checked his Luck stat with the "getav" console command, and he only has 5 points in his Luck stat. This means that the page's claim that it is probably already 10 is false, and the lucky shades/luck boosting equipment are not working for some other reason. Fixing right away... Somehow. 126.96.36.199 02:30, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- I tried giving him 3-Dog's Head Wrap AND the Lucky Shades, since theoretically we have to raise his luck to the next ODD number to get a skill point boost. However, it did nothing. Repair still 80. 188.8.131.52 22:44, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
Possibly Dead?[edit source]
Alright, so I'm at Canteberry Commons and i see Wolfgang's Brahim and I'm like "Yes!" hes going to give me awesome equipment. NO. I go into VATS to see if he's there. He isn't. I know there prone to dying but wtf!? The other 3 merchants are fine! Apukohai
- Happened to me too. He's probably off in some random Deathclaw's stomach somewhere. //--Run4urLife! 17:21, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, the Brahmin, if they survive, countinue the trade route without the owners. Ask Roe about him to make sure. --TheFrogger 18:50, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
- Alright, found him, but he wasn't even near a Deathclaw. I found him dead, near the Super Mutants and the Super Mutant Overlord by Rivet City! Apukohai 15:40, 24 July 2009
Crazy Impossible[edit source]
I cant pickpocket the Rock it launcher from him even with a Stealth boy in the middle of the night with both of them facing opposite to me and the meter saying [HIDDEN]. WTH? --TheFrogger 18:51, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
- If I'm not mistaken, the pick pocket chance is affected by the cost of the item being pick-pocketed. So the schematic would be very hard to pick pocket indeed. You may also need to up your stealth too... not sure if that affects pick pocketing other than making it easier to sneak, but it's worth a shot. 184.108.40.206 11:31, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
No, I don't think so. The stealth boy sets "Sneak" to 100. --TheFrogger 20:17, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
You can loot the schematic from him as long as you kill him yourself, as far as I can remember. //--Run4urLife! 11:46, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, I know, thats what I did in my last playthrough. But it's probably not a good choice in the long run. Besides, I don't think it would be very easy, considering I gave him the Firelance and Power Armor. --TheFrogger 21:32, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- A round of VATS and the Terrible Shotgun to the face should do the trick. //--Run4urLife! 15:42, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
It sounds like Agatha gives a shout out to "Crazy Wolfdog" (PS3). Anyone else hear that? JohnnyMrNinja 20:31, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- Your ninja senses fail to compare to the power of the subtitles, Johnny. Nitpicker of the Wastes 20:35, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- I know what his name is, but she's repeatedly referred to him as "Wolfdog" on the radio. Can anyone listen to the radio and tell me that they hear her actually say "Wolfgang"? Does your radio have subtitles? JohnnyMrNinja 23:34, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
Subtitles can be wrong. Just saying. Miumaru 23:52, April 12, 2010 (UTC)
QUESTION::: With the addition of Point Lookout's Workman's Coveralls, his Repairing ability is increased to 93%.[edit source]
--AwNNeR 5 05:41, 24 June 2009 (UTC)Now who here doesn't want such an awesome repairman waiting around in a safe and convenient location?!? What if he was stuck in the bathtub outside of Megaton, or even in your own home, bound by a picnic table? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! Now I must ask:
Can you keep Crazy Wolfgang in a permanent location by:
1) Paralyzing-palm him outside of Megaton and lift his body into the bathtub so he regain consciousness only to not be able to walk out of a bathtub.
2) Do something similar but within Megaton for even more convenience.
3) Moving him (somehow) to the location of the picnic table's spawn in the Wasteland Explorer Theme, buy the theme, and have him stuck in your very own home!
4) Doing something similar in another safe and convenient location (like Rivet City.)
OR will this not work because he respawns on the merchant path after waiting or sleeping for any amount of time or playing for lengths of time?
I will be away for a few days, so I cannot test this myself. Also, my unarmed attacks will likely kill him instantly and prevent a successful paralyzing palm move. SOMEONE PLEASE TEST THIS!!!
- We've got one in Point Lookout. Haley. He's in a building, and has a repair of 16. Now, that's not much, until you notice that if you fast travel away and back, his repair increases by 5. Up to 100. Haley can repair shit to 100% condition!!!11!one!eleven! Nitpicker of the Wastes 00:49, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Thanks man. I haven't had the opportunity to even download the DLC. --AwNNeR 5 00:31, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
need help getting him to wear the workman's overalls[edit source]
OK, i can easily repair them to 100%, and reverse pickpocket them onto him, but then what? He doesn't put them on immediately, do i need to wait a certain amount of time or something?
edit: nevermind, i got it, i waited a few days for him to return to rivet city and it worked. boo-ya :)
healing Crazy Wolfgang[edit source]
Is there a way to heal Crazy Wolfgang? In my game he got attacked outside Arefu by something and now he has about 3 bars of health. It's been like this for multiple game days. Also on the main page I'm pretty sure his level is wrong. It says 5-15 (1.5x player level). 1.5 would make him a higher level than you. Shouldn't it be .75x player level.220.127.116.11 13:47, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Reverse pickpocket stimpacks??? 18.104.22.168 10:17, September 13, 2009 (UTC)
- Tell all your followers to wait at your house. Save. Check that he has at least 3-4 stimpacks by pickpocketing him. Then hit him with a pistol (or other weak weapon) once and he should use a stimpack. Yield to him. If they don't accept your yield or he dosen't use the stimpacks, reload and try again.--TheFrogger 01:03, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
Wolfgang Stops Roaming[edit source]
Wolfgang stopped appearing in Megaton. After a little investigation, I found that he wasn't dead, but at Canterbury Commons being attacked by a Giant Radscorpion. I helped he and his bodyguard finish it off, but they don't move. They take a few steps around, never straying very far. Other merchants come and go on their regular rounds, but Wolfgang stays put. Running it on PC fully patched (1.7). Anyone else run into this bug? Tsarkon 03:26, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Yup, enabling and disabling worked for a second (all of my traders had stopped), but then he stopped outside of evergreen and nothing would help. After a while, I figured I might move him around by shooting him in the head w/ my gauss rifle (marked him as essential) while hidden. Eventually he became hostile (I don't know how, every shot made him unconscious) and started returning to his spot at evergreen mills, after fleeing, and still seeming hostile on my hud. I started talking to him, exited, and he started back on his path, though my sneak metre still marked as caution (noone else around). Im gonna follow him to megaton personally, if he stops there, it'll be fine.
I'm experiencing the same problem on xbox 360, fully patched. He won't budge - he stays at his stop at Canterbury Commons. The other caravans continue to travel as they usually would. Opening dialogue with Crazy Wolfgang doesn't seem to help. This happened just after I fully invested in him and reverse-pickpocketed the Red Racer Jumpsuit. Unfortunately, I saved with this problem, not realizing anything was wrong. Any pointers to get him moving again? 14 August 2009
Ok, so I fixed this problem for anyone who wants to know... and without any console commands, etc. I shot Crazy Wolfgang once (WITH A WEAK GUN) to cause him and his guard to be hostile, then I ran away until it no longer said [DANGER] or [CAUTION]. After that, I waited about 22 game hours, traveled back to Canterbury Commons and he was gone. I waited longer and found him traveling his usual route once again. Hope this helps. 14 August 2009
Wolfgangs corpse[edit source]
Roe said Wolfgang was dead. I am looking for his corpse, but does it dissapear after a few days like other npcs?--TheFrogger 21:57, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
Won't equip Robco jumpsuit?[edit source]
After reverse-pickpocketing the jumpsuit on him, he won't equip it, even after waiting inside for 3 days and 5 hrs, then restarting my PS3. What gives? It's in good repair.
EDIT: It has 2 DR, and so does his outfit. Does that mean he won't equip it because it's not better than his current outfit?
- I think so. Although I personally think he should have armor, since he can't do much when he's dead.--TheFrogger 02:11, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Then how do you make him wear it? I tried mezzing him and failed many times over.
- EDIT: It wasn't in better CND than his current outfit. After pickpocketing it back and having him repair it, he equipped it.
"Once, when talking to Wolfgang about the investment, he had a glitch where he waved his arms around (similar to the way conductors wave their arms) and his head spun all the way around (making his head upside down/in his chest for a few seconds). This stops when you end the conversation." This is in the article, can anyone confirm?? I never heard of that before Setimir92 23:53, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
Searching for Crazy but couldn't find him along the route. I was getting the deathclaw schematics from Bannon. I went to find Danvers and rat on Seagrave. At the top of the bridge tower is a locked room. Dogmeat started growling so I picked the lock and found a turret. I destoyed it and walked in. On the floor among some rifles sat the rock rock it launcher schematics. What the heck?
/* ??? */[edit source]
Pickpocketing this dude[edit source]
Is it even possible to pickpocket caps off him? I did it at least 50 times over and over with max stealth and a stealth boy and I couldn't do it.
Wolfgang Won't Move[edit source]
I'm not sure what's going on, but right now Wolfgang is just sitting outside of Megaton and won't move. I've waited and waited and he just sits there.
I'm not sure what to do. Anyone else had this problem?
Apparently, all of the caravan merchants are stuck at one city or another and I don't know how to get them to go back on their normal trade routes. Wolfgang at Megaton, Doc Hoff at Rivet City, Crow at Evergreen Mills, and Lucky Hairith at Aerfu. I'm completely confused. Nothing seems to be working. I have tried seeing if they were stuck by physically moving them, I tried attacking them, I tried going to another place they show up and just waiting, none of that works. I even saved while in my house, turned off the console, and reloaded the save.
I noticed a similar bug above, but this isn't the same. All of my merchants are frozen, not just one of them.
I've discovered if I kill any one of the merchants, the others begin on their usual path. Sadly, this doesn't seem like a valid fix for the issue.TearsOfBlood 05:23, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
Increasing Endurance[edit source]
If I reverse pickpocket a piece of clothing that increases Endurance onto him, will it actually work? Its just he's my favourite merchant and I don't want him to die, thanks. 22.214.171.124 14:56, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
Max Repair[edit source]
Is 85% the maximum condition because it caps out? After reading the repair page (which confused the hell out of me) wouldn't his condition repair jump to 88% with 80 skill (jumpsuit) and 91% with the workman's coveralls? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mictlantecuhtli (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- I would think so too, I'm not aware of any NPC repair skill cap, since Haley can repair to 100% with his glitch. --Kris mailbox 12:04, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
More weirdness[edit source]
I'm standing outside the Jefferson Memorial gift shop entrance, and Wolfgang just appeared in front of me, like he had been dropped from about 4 feet in the air. I spoke to him and could trade and whatnot, but afterwards he just walked to face the wall next to the gift shop entrance, and just stands there. About a minute later his brahmin came running from the direction of Rivet City. (His security dude had died some time before to a deathclaw, so he wasn't there.) I could push him around, and he'd start walking again, but only to either face the same wall, or stand facing the gift shop door. After reloading a quicksave, he immediately turned and headed up the ramp towards Rivet City, I assume to resume his usual course. 126.96.36.199 02:11, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
Nothing works[edit source]
I read the other things that people have written about the crazy glitches that Wolfgang has and the things he gets into but I think what is happening in my game is a little different. I wanted to sell some stuff to the caravans so I used the console to travel to them because I was overencumbered. When I traveled to Wolfgang I found him dead without his guard or pack brahmin near him. What I did find was the Yaoi Guai that killed him. I killed the Yaoi Guai and resurrected Wolfgang. After that I looked for his Brahmin and guard. The Brahmin is stuck at the tree at Canterbury Commons and will never move. When I console traveled to the guard I ended up in the building where Uncle Roe keeps the caravan supplies but the guard was nowhere to be seen. I traveled back to Wolfgang and I moved the pack Brahmin and guard to where he was. I made sure he was in a regular caravan spot before I did this. When I moved them there the Brahmin started walking away and the guard was not there even though I moved him to that spot. I guess he turned invisible but I could not find him using VATS either. The brahmin keeps heading back towards the tree at Canterbury Commons. I moved the Brahmin back to Wolfgang and I used the console commands "prid 2d598 kill resurrect disable enable" to restart it but it still tried to make its way to the tree at Canterbury. I used the same commands on the Caravan Guard and this time he actually showed up but then he started running to Uncle Roe's Caravan storage building. I even tried using "kill resurrect disable enable" on all three of them at the same time but the Brahmin and guard still do the same thing. Wolfgang still goes on the trade route but it's weird that his Brahmin and guard don't follow him anymore. I even shot one of them to make them hostile towards me and then ran away and waited a whole day or even two to see if they would all return to the trade route but only Wolfgang did and the others still went their separate ways. I marked all the other caravan traders and their Brahmin and Guards and essential so the same thing will not happen to them and I marked Wolfgang as well so he wont die since he is roaming the Wasteland alone. Are there any other suggestions as to how I could make Wolfgang's Brahmin and Guard follow him again? And sorry about the really long explanation. --LoneWandererKelvin 14:36, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
I blame the Mirelurks[edit source]
I found him dead,left arm chopped/shot off in front of Arefu,and Lucky Harith,killed the same way,but I only found Hariths brahim,I wanted to find Wolfgangs,since I got the key,so they don't respawn do they?
I blame the Mirelurks.
Explicit Reference?[edit source]
Uncle Roe says Crazy calls himself a junk vendor. Then he says crazy said: "he's overjoyed to assist those who have a deep need for his...junk." I loled when I heard that.