This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Critical Hit".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
The 101+ effects
Alright, maybe a stupid question: In the critical effect table, when would the roll EVER be 101+? Only with the better criticals perk? Or is there some other factor than just a straight d100 roll? 22.214.171.124 05:12, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- That is correct, the only way to get 101+ is with Better Criticals. You'd need to roll at least an 81. --Macros 13:56, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
Fallout 3 CH
Does that table apply to critical hits in fallout 3 too? Because I keep hearing about weapons with "100%" critical percentages if you take certain perks (like Stabhappy) and I'm a bit confused about that. --Clean Up 22:21, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Considering the table has groin shots and "rolls" it's likely FO and FO2-only. // Porter21 U | T 22:29, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- Then someone please make a FO3 specific table.--Amitakartok 14:51, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Do criticals ignore armor in FO3?
Just wondering. 126.96.36.199 07:49, 5 June 2009 (UTC) No. DR still applies.
Better criticals description incorrect?
The article says that with Better Criticals, a Wazer Wifle would do 70 damage as only the critical damage is increased - i.e. 28 + (28*1.5) = 70. But the article on Better Criticals says that a 50% damage boost is given. So this weapon would do 84 damage, as 1.5(28 + 28). I'm changing the article to reflect the data on the Better Criticals page. 188.8.131.52 02:04, October 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, but the page here was correct. The text on the Better Criticals page is poorly worded. Nitty 02:09, October 25, 2009 (UTC)
Can NPCs score critical hits in FO3?
Can enemies score criticals to the player? Does it make sense to give a follower a weapon with a high critical hit chance?
- I have been curious about this for a long time. However, today I gave Charon and Willow Firelances and spawned mirelurk hunters in front of the museum of american history. By regularly checking the mirelurks' health after each hit, I determined that neither Charon nor Willow were causing more than non-critical damage to them, even though the Firelance has a high enough critical chance that every hit they made should have been critical. Therefore, I do not believe - though I may be mistaken - that NPCs can score critical hits. Anarch 01:07, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Well literally 2 minutes ago, I was killed in Mothership Zeta by a Drone Cannon. The critical hit sound played, and when I saw my character, his body was like he was crouched with a Stealth Boy/ CSA (They looked like they had a stealth field) yet his hands and face where fine... (I was wearing the Armored Vault 101 Jumpsuit so that wasn't causing the weird look) So I have to say atleast on Mothership Zeta, Guardian Drones can score criticals. AR700SAW 21:31, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
Does ammunition damage modifier affect crit dmg? —01:35, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
This Page Needs To Include Fallout: New Vegas
So I assume New Vegas uses the same system as Fallout 3? Please add this to the article. New Vegas has only been out for a year, I'm sure this isn't too much to ask.