Talk:Deathclaw Pro Hunter
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Deathclaw Pro Hunter".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
What weapons actually give you credit?
I've tried the Dynamite, Switchblade, Recharger Rifle, and .22 Pistol. I haven't gotten credit for a single kill. Do they need to be Alpha Males, or Mother Deathclaws or something? WTF! GlassJAw667 07:30, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
I can say for sure that the ones in the Divide do not count, also the sentry bots/gutsies in Big MT will not count towards the other 3-Star challenges. I opened an older save where the quarry is already cleared, but I have yet to hit the Promontory. GlassJAw667 03:35, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
If you've killed the ones in Quarry Junction previously, you may be screwed out of this challenge. Apparently they count. I can tell you for certain that the ones near Vault 19 DO NOT give you credit. GlassJAw667 07:53, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Ones inside Dead Wind Cavern aren't registering either. --DeadlyPrey 19:58, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
- The Alpha Males and Mothers I've killed within Dead Wind Cavern and the Deathclaw promontory registered for me. - David Hellsly
- It seems to be a problem with the included IDs. Recall that the Deathclaws in Qarry Junction use a different base ID from the "normal" ones (this had more significance before the patch that made all Deathclaws equally powerful). It appears Bethesda forgot to include the base ID for the "normal" Deathclaws for entities that count towards the challenge. It will probably be patched at a later time. In the meantime, I've found that the Deathclaws on the North end of the Long 15 also count towards the challenge. --Danaw167 10:37, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
- None of the ones in Quarry Junction triggered it for me --- not even the Alpha or the Mother. However, I'm beginning to wonder if the pistol in question makes a difference --- specifically, whether or not mods break the trigger. I was using a .22 Revolver with the six-round and long barrel mods. Will try again with an unmodified pistol another night. (PC) --Sgiath 07:18, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Modded weapons should still give progress towards the challenge. Your problem is that you are using the .22 Revolver, it's the .22 Pistol that counts for the challenge. --Danaw167 06:26, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, my mistake... I saw ".22 Pistols" and thought "any pistol that fires .22LR rounds". Off to Chet to buy a Ruger... --Sgiath 01:52, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
- The blind deathclaws at Gypsum Trainyard are working for me (Xbox 360), but I have to wait for them to respawn before adding to the tally Willooi 00:31, September 30, 2011 (UTC)
Has anyone attempted this challenge on the deathclaws that spawn in the Divide? Also, do the Deathclaws at the promontory respawn?Kwayzar 10:50, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
Deathclaws fought in the Thorne count for the challenge.Kwayzar 14:42, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Deathclaws in the Divide don't count for me (on the 360), and the ones in the promontory respawn. - David Hellsly
Contrary to popular belief, this is a rather easy challenge. I was outside of the Quarry using a silenced 22 pistol to get it. I weakened them a little bit with the 12.7 Submachine gun, but at about 200 health, it took between 3 shots to 2 clips to put them down. --18.104.22.168 16:31, September 29, 2011 (UTC) Darkshadowmark
Use the Ammo Hotkey Glitch
You can use the hotkey ammo glitch to beef up your .22 with .50 explosive rounds or 5mm AP. This can help immensely to bring them down. Zac hemker 19:51, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
I found this easy, i approached quarry junction from the south, and stood on top of objects, so the death claws couldn't reach me, then just kept hitting them with the recharger rifle until they died. simple.
I thought I'd tackle two challenges at the same time. I fought deathclaws in the Thorn using the Big Boomer and bag ammo to cripple their right arms for Ne Ne Ne Ne then finished them off with a Recharger Rifle. Servonut 12:13, November 15, 2011 (UTC)