This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Dream Crusher".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- Does a player ever receive a critical hit? I sure havent noticed one.
- Good question. I'm assuming Deathclaws might be a source of frequent criticals. Also, any enemy firing a sniper rifle or the Reservist's Rifle may be likely to cause criticals.22.214.171.124 10:08, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- You very rarely ever get hit by criticals. However, when you do, it hurts a lot (as in you need a stimpack pronto). Overall, the perks from completing the quest are better (apart from maybe Junior ones), not counting the discount and +repair (which I don't care about, given I have repair 100 and at level 20 money counts for nothing).
Under my research, criticals by NPCs 'DO' occur. A robobrain can reduce something into a ple of ash. American Soldier's with Gauss Rifle's can knock down enemies.126.96.36.199 20:37, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
How can I get this perk after I screwed the first Speech challenge?--Loyal dog of Outcast 17:29, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- Same as with any other failed Skill/SPECIAL check: Restore from a previous save game. --Webgiant 06:49, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
FALLOUT 3 CRASH when obtaining perk[edit source]
I tried to get this perk and EVERYTIME F3 crashes to desktop!!!!
- Same for me and i think its something wrong with the reward script because if i load the script in the Geck that gives you the dream crusher it says theres an error on one of the script lines i think it was line 7 or something like that --Stream-Nightmare
- Is there any way to fix the error described as the German localization bug? Can I manually add the second % that is missing from the dialog box? --Tha2BIUS 00:14, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
It needs confirmation from other players but this bug is also present in the french localized version of the game. There is a script error on line 23 in stage 215 when Moira Brown is perusaded to give up his guide (missing parameter in messagebox). In this version it doesn't cause a CTD, though. I think the easiest and safest way to fix the error in the geck is to find the line "player.showMessage MS03DeamcrusherPerkMsg" and to add a ";" at the beginning or to delete this line to completely disable the message. Who needs messages causing CTDs when we all know what the perk does ?Croquignol 22:01, September 22, 2010 (UTC)
Interesting note about the code[edit source]
Could the code be a reference to February 30th? The day that doesn't exist. (Thus broken dreams)
Of course, I could be reading too much into a coincidence... --188.8.131.52 17:09, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
That's... interesting. Nitty 17:12, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- Looked this up..... very strange.--Atlas Lied! 00:26, December 11, 2009 (UTC)
How to fix the perk crash bug[edit source]
- You can fix this by opening fallout3.esm with an editor like pspad, searching for "DeamcrusherPerkMsg" and changing "50 %" to "50%%"