Talk:ED-E (Lonesome Road)
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "ED-E (Lonesome Road)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
can you keep after the dlc ends? or do you at least get some benefits for the original ed-e when you finish? SkyHiRider 19:46, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
all perks ED-E2 gets are transferred to the original Fallout: Shades of Grey, coming 2012 19:52, September 21, 2011 (UTC)
I think it should be noted that the LR ED-E is not an exact copy of the original ED-E. The LR version is most likely a older, pre-war model (as seen on the Ralphie posters), and the facility keeping that model in store tracked the original ED-E and copied its memories into the LR version. I believe that through dialoges this can be confirmed (at least, to my memory, extensive talkings with the LR ED-E confirmed it). It is even possible that the original ED-E lost some memories because of the repairs made by the Courier, which would explain why the original ED-E never talked about previous experiences.
I think it should also be noted that the LR ED-E behaves in a child like manner, being able to either mimic or truly feel emotions on certain occassions, where as the original ED-E remains quite calm. --Radnus 21:04, September 22, 2011 (UTC)
- The second part is speculation, but who or what made the Divide Silos' computer systems copy ED-E (original) perticularly in the first place?--Ant2242 15:19, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
- I think that could probably be down to developers having not thought about ED-E's full backstory in the main game. But yeah ED-E 2 is probably Pre-War and has no physical relation to the original or the Enclave. Why people edit the page as if this Ed-E is the one from Adams Air Force base I don't know.
- I edited the LR ED-E page most recently, only because the story about it is unclear. Nothing is set in stone, if you know for sure that some of the stuff is wrong i encourage you to change it. I believe it is a pre-war eyebot but it was at the enclaves Navarro outpost (as explained on the couriers' page) and then transported to the divide. Al Bukhari
I know that this ED-E is different from the one in the Mojave, but do the upgrades I perform in LR affect ED-E in the Mojave? The information on the main page for him seems to have a lot of info that looks like it belongs in this article instead, but I think some of it might actually be relevant. I don't have OWB or LR yet, so I can't check this out myself. --Delta1138 SnooPING AS usual I see 21:23, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
- all perks are transferred to the original (see the top of the page) Fallout: Shades of Grey, coming 2012 00:13, September 24, 2011 (UTC)
Bug when freeing ED-E?[edit source]
Not sure if this is a bug or not: When I got to Ulysses Temple, I used a Stealth Boy and disabled all of the sentry bots and turrets. When I tried to use the terminal to free ED-E, I didn't have the option; it only showed Pod 1 and Pod 3. So, I decided to "kill" all of the disabled bots. I then got the option to open Pod 2.
Can anyone confirm this?
(Bah, wasn't logged in. This is Dermonk)
Location after completing DLC[edit source]
Where is this version of Ed-E located after you beat Lonesome Road/escape? I returned and he wasn't waiting for me, and wasn't on my map. He's useful to have around while exploring the Divide and I'd love to know where he's gone to, if he's not gone alltogether. Thanks! 126.96.36.199 04:40, September 30, 2011 (UTC)Jazzlizard
- If set free and you do not sacrifice him is stated in the end slide he continue his journey for Navarro. Brfritos 22:48, October 12, 2011 (UTC)
Reference to the trailer[edit source]
>>>One of ED-E's recorded messages explains
>>>what happens in the Fallout: New Vegas
I think I might be getting it wrong, so I wanted to make sure: The Courier can pass a skill check to say that ED-E was shot with a handloaded .308 while the trailer shows .50 from the anti-mat rifle. Does the Courier make a mistake? Here is a link for reference.
- I understand your confusion but the scene where ED-E is shot down and the scene with the .50 caliber sniper are completely different. It shows ED-E getting shot, then a compilation of gameplay footage, it just so happens that the first piece of footage is the courier firing a sniper at an unknown enemy. Also, in the same conversation in which the courier identifies the bullet as a .308 you decipher that raiders shot ED-E and the courier, 'would have done a better job and stripped the eyebot for parts'. Al Bukhari 11:01 (GMT), 1 November, 2011.
What referance do you have that it was constructed at Navarro? Was that where the eyebot was created or was it remote scaned from ED-E and created in the Divide? (Dialog referanced)--Ant2242 23:27, October 27, 2011 (UTC) Was there eyebots at the Divide already?
- Well according to the couriers' page and the divide page the Navvaro base was overrun by NCR and they didn't understand the technology (because the NCR are strictly political and not motivated by technology like the Brotherhood or the enclave). It was delivered by the courier to the divide and then the divide computers created a lot of eyebots from this model. When ED-E entered the Mojave the computers picked up its signals and scanned them to LR ED-E. User:Al Bukhari 07:47, October 28, 2011 (GMT)
- Ignore this last message, ED-E (clone) and all divide eyebots were constructed in the divide by computers using ED-E (original) as a template. Ed-E (Clone) was not the detonator that triggered the nukes, and it was the eyebot that ED-E (Original) memory was stored. This has been fixed on the wiki page, sorry for the confusion. Al Bukhari 18:04 (GMT), October 28 2011.
New edit regarding ED-Es' role in the divide[edit source]
- Please don't delete the new edit explaining where ED-E came from and how he was NOT the detonator that destroyed the divide. I looked everywhere for an explanation and i found it on a mix of pages, so i put it on this page as it has the most relevance and clears up a bit of confusion regarding the cloned ED-Es' identity and past. Al Bukhari 17:59 (GMT), October 28 2011.