Talk:Elder (Shady Sands)
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Elder (Shady Sands)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
["is visually similar to the head used for Morpheus"
As far as I can tell, it's exactly the same. I'm not sure what they planned but it looks like way back (Alpha and/or Demo dev stages probably) they were either going to use the Morpheus head for both, or just for The Elder.
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense though because Morpheus is in the talking head concept art, so I have no idea. :-x] Sduibek 21:46, July 19, 2011 (UTC)Sduibek
The Elder's talking head is visually similar to that of Morpheus' head.
Evidence please. -Cannibalbrane 14:50, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Compare the talking heads. If you don't see the similiarity, get your eyes fix'd. Tagaziel (call!) 16:07, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, what I meant was that the talking head that is supposedly the elder's is pretty obviously just Morpheus and the article offers no evidence that the Elder was actually supposed to have a head in the first place. -Cannibalbrane 16:19, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
- "I am pleased to meet you. I hope you have found our little village pleasing so far."
- "Nope, just not enough action around here."
- What's most interesting to me is that the image shown of "The Elders Talking Head" doesn't exist at all for Morpheus' TH. There's one of him looking to his right (our left) which is similar, but the expression/angle/etc of his face only very vaguely so.
Either way though, I compared side-by-side and it's definitely the images that ultimately were used for Morpheus' TH.Sduibek 20:58, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks. That's what I thought, but I couldn't find a high resolution image to confirm. Since it doesn't look like the elder was intended to appear in the game in the first place I'm guessing that Morpheus's head was just a placeholder. Cannibalbrane 22:54, July 26, 2011 (UTC)