This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Elijah".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Dead Money
- 2 Payback
- 3 Osteoarthritis?
- 4 how do join forces with elijah?
- 5 What happens after you side with elijah?
- 6 Skills?
- 7 Elijah's Pip-Boy 3000
- 8 Very evil?
- 9 Bible Reference?
- 10 Elijah's other DLC tech
- 11 Canonicity Change
- 12 Do you think...
- 13 Owyn Lyons
- 14 Pickpocket Elijah?
- 15 Should the Man reference from...
- 16 Elijah mentions the citadel ?
- 17 Holorifle
- 18 Talked to Ulysses?
I know this is highly unlikely, but anyway: a dialog with Paladin Ramos states that Elijah said that "he needed more time". When I was in the quest at Helios one and spoke with Fantastic, he said that he need more time also. Maybe they are the same person, this guy Fantastic (not even a name) is playing dumb, and he really is Elijah, and he's trying to control Helios one?? or this is bananas??
- Veronica might have elected to point that out. He also looks rather young to be her father figure.--OvaltinePatrol 18:26, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, that idea is bananas. Completely. Elijah said he needed more time because he genuinely needed more time to bring the ARCHIMEDES II online. Fantastic said he "needed more time" because he was an idiot who had no idea what he was doing and wanted to delay that fact becoming public knowledge. --Char-Nobyl 10:35, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
Not sure why he was being referred to as "Father Elijah" a few times in the entry. The Brotherhood might use knight/medieval titles for their ranks, but unless Elijah was secretly a priest on the side, I doubt he ever had the title "father." --Char-Nobyl 10:30, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Veronica refers to him as Father Elijah. Probably it's just an alternative to using the title Elder. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 11:06, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
So I'm assuming that its Elijah that kidnaps you and uses you in Dead Money? Seems highly likely to me. Old man, has acess to hidden BOS bunker + advanced tech, wants the tech from the Sierra Madre-Elijah obsessed over the place. I just wonder what the situation will be like if you have Veronica as a companion, or will you be forced to get rid of companions before hand (seeing as you have to work as a team with others in the DlC).
- Never thought that Elijah will turn out to be "possible" antagonist of a DLC. I actually always thought, like "Hmm, I never meet him in game, maybe I didn't look around good enough in Helios One... probably his corpse was somewhere around". It turns I checked Helios well. Can't wait to meet him.18.104.22.168 14:02, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
- He is a known BoS member, in the trailer we see the courier in an explosive collar, when you meet the BoS in New Vegas for the first time they put an explosive collar on you, so elijah would have access to explosive collar
- Look at the blue orb closely in the trailer you can make out a brotherhood elder robe.
- Also we knew the BoS have a bit of a fettish for technology, considering the Sierra Madre is very high tech, this gives Elijah motive
Tell me I'll get to stab this guy in the back for making me his bitch. IsaacKronenFaust 09:22, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Yes you can. In fact, you pretty much have to. 'Moleman 9000 20:19, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Revenge would be so much sweeter if I had multiple choices. Ah well... IsaacKronenFaust 11:14, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
Is there a source for this assertion that Elijah had osteoarthritis? I don't recall him mentioning it. 22.214.171.124 21:26, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I completed Dead Money by locking him in the Vault. I still have his "743.00Hz ULF" frequency available on my radio, with which I can listen to him rambling on incessantly forever. He occasionally mentions his "damned arthritis." 126.96.36.199 17:10, February 17, 2011 (UTC)
how do join forces with elijah?
i thought no matter what u do u have to kill or trap him in the vault
[SOLVED] The following conditions must exist: 1) You've recruited Veronica and talked with her enough to know that Elijah and her were close. (need confirmation, completion of a certain dialogue tree or mission, possibly I Could Make You Care after visiting Gibson's shack?) 2) You have a Vilified or Merciful Thug reputation rating with the NCR.
After you access the terminal with the note to Vera Keyes while "stuck" inside the vault, dialogue with Elijah initiates. The fastest way through the tree:
You have a lot to answer for. // Before this goes any farther, I had questions. // You're Veronica's mentor. The Elder who lost HELIOS One. // You want to attack NCR? All of NCR? // (Negative NCR reputation speech check) If you want to kill NCR, that's fine with me. // Then we better get to killing them.
Please note, this triggers a premature ending that effectively closes out the game for the player.
- You don't need to have bad reputation with the NCR, I was accepted with them and the dialog about kill them appeared to me. I can confirm that the dialogs about Veronica appear if you have I Could Make You Care started, then travel to Sierra Madre (you don't need to finish her quest). In two earlier playthroughs I talked with Veronica about him and the Brotherhood, started Still in the Dark talking with every BoS about Elijah and even then the dialog about Veronica didn't showed up. So the trigger appears to be Veronica's personal quest. Brfritos 22:11, March 14, 2011 (UTC)
What happens after you side with elijah?
can anyone please tell me? Paladin LJ 15:02, March 6, 2011 (UTC)
Umm... Can anyone confirm this after all?
- After you join forces with him, The game puts you in the title screen, since Hoover Dam is destroyed by the Cloud and in the ending, Elijah said that 2 persons wait for their new world to begin again, reference to himself and the courier. This a new kind of ending but kind of empty since you dont really know what's next with Elijah or the other faction back in the mojave. It aint special since the game auto saves in the sierra madre vault's terminal, letting you to end Dead Money properly. Hope this helps ! :) iRock_032
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3892/rockii.png 02:51, April 10, 2011 (UTC)
What are his skills? I think he has a very high energy weapons skill, since the first time I fought him, after I destroyed the turrets I expected him to be easy, but he knocked me down with the gauss rifle and killed me with two more shots (I was at level 30 too).
Elijah's Pip-Boy 3000
Where did he get it? Is it from the Big Empty or from some Vaullt? DannyK92 12:44, April 16, 2011 (UTC)
- You can disagree, he's neutral according to the GECK Jspoel 13:28, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Lets not take GECK values too seriously. My theory is that the DLC writers decided that a one dimensional karma system couldn't in a million years be applied to the complex characterisation and stories so open to interpretation that they didn't bother with karma altogether other than for the complete psychos like Domino or Salt Upon Wounds. Avellone and co. probably intended us to make our own minds up regarding whether or not Elijah is sympathetic. I've not played Dead Money yet so I can't say.--188.8.131.52 17:46, October 30, 2011 (UTC) Anonymous User
- I was just making sure; there have been a lot of edits saying he's very evil, but since I don't have a GECK or even "Dead Money", I couldn't be sure. Best regards, Kastera (talk) 21:32, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
Perhaps "Father Elijah" is a Bible reference... If they were going to name him "Father Abraham", that's obviously a reference.
Father Abraham had many sons...
Just me thinking. Elijah is also in the Bible.
Elijah's other DLC tech
what is the chance that elijah will have a base in the big empty that you unlock and its filled with advanced tech, remember when he said he had newer and more advanced models of the holorifle and that all of the stuff in the sierra madre was just the tip of the iceberg, well then shouldn't we get to track down some of this newer cooler stuff? Tozzler 09:47, April 28, 2011 (UTC)
I'm going to remove the part about Christine and Veronica because while it can be construed that Christine might be Veronica's long lost lover, there is no canon proof. --184.108.40.206 04:07, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- I think it's pretty heavily alluded to. In the same way that there is a chance Ulysses isn't the Courier that Graham mentions, there is a chance that Veronica isn't the lover Christine mentioned. But if this were the case, the dialogue in both cases would be pointless and unnecessarily misleading. DonaldDarko 04:13, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, but the part about Veronica and Christine on the page just isn't canon, while a wise assumption to make (even I think it's true), you can't just assume that it's right. Oh and sorry, I forgot to log in earlier, I know it's easier to trust someone with a name. --Alexms96 04:17, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- It's been there for a while and it's assumed canon. It wouldn't make any other sense otherwise. Veronica's and Christine's pages both refer to their being a heavy implication that they had a relationship, so I'll change Elijah's page to reflect that understanding.DonaldDarko 04:22, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- I'll concede, this is a good compromise, and I apologize for not noticing the small edit you made to the previous version. --Alexms96 04:26, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
Do you think...
that Presper and Elijah are almost alike each other. No I dont mean that Elijah is Presper and Vice Versa, I mean that they both have similar plans to use bombs to "cleanse" the world. Presper-..."He needed to get to B.O.M.B.-001 and use the nuclear weapons to clean the filth and wretch that currently occupied the surface."/destroy NCR's enemies.
and in one of Dead Money's Endings, Elijah-..."The last chapter of the Mojave comes when a modified REPCONN rocket strikes Hoover Dam releasing a blood-red cloud, killing all stationed there. All attempts to penetrate the Cloud and re-take the Dam fail, and both the NCR and Legion finally turn away from it, citing the place as cursed. In the years that follow, communities across the West begin to die as traces of the Cloud begin to drift over lands held by the NCR..." and Elijah wanted to destroy the BoS' enemies.
- That's because the FaceGen heads are generally pretty similiar, especially with the textures and models of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 06:20, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
He uses the exact same model as Herbert Dashwood.
"Argyle, you magnificent bastard." *One-shots Courier with a Gauss Rifle"
Herbert Dashwood has a shorter beard with more pronounced head wrinkles and less pronounced face wrinkles, wonder why they couldnt have made him look like the hologram, looks like a hardened soldier.
Actually, the character whose face is the closest to Elijah is, in my opinion, Abraham Washington. That would explain the name, too. As for the hair, it's a wonder since there is a haircut that looks like the one he got on the hologram. Overview? Lazyness?
Spoiler Alert: Don't want spoilers? Don't read this then. XP
I have been planning to use an exploit (unless it's been patched) or a Mod to get gear into the Dead Money Campaign. The thing is, I want to get the Father Elijah Hologram ending, but somehow still get his rifle (and maybe his robes). Can you pickpocket him and still lock him up alive? Or for that matter, can you use bean bag rounds to knock him out w/o killing him and still take his stuff? :?
- This needs to be investigated. I would appreciate it if you made a separate save file and attempted to pick pocket him, because it would actually make pretty good info for the page. 07:19, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
Should the Man reference from...
I Could Make You Care be added to Elijahs' page. Its the fact that the man is wearing the slave collar & bought the Euclid's C-Finder from Sarah Weintraub specificly. I think it ties together.--Ant2242 22:12, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- Honestly, I see no evidence that this man came into contact with Elijah at any point. Especially since Elijah was not the creator or sole owner and operator of slave collars in the Mojave. 22:26, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- Are you sure because there is a reference on the I Could Make You Care page.--Ant2242 22:47, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- The reference is towards this comment "I don't like the sound of this. Hope that collar isn't what I think it is. What did you do, Elijah?". Hardly definitive evidence that it was Elijah who had control over this man, as Veronica's comment is her speculation on the collar. When you find the body and the collar, she doesn't say any more on the subject. Now while it is the most likely it was Elijah, it is very speculative and hinges on very little direct evidence. It is best to just include what we do know, and allow readers to draw there own interpretation of known information. 23:08, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- Are you sure because there is a reference on the I Could Make You Care page.--Ant2242 22:47, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
Elijah mentions the citadel ?
hello, i was reading the Citadels page and noticed that in the appearances section , it said the citadel was mentioned by elijah .. i would just like to know what he says ?
In the notes section it says "Elijah claims to have made more holorifles, but he doesn't use any, nor are there any others in Dead Money. However, by listening to his broadcast, the player can overhear him complain about giving up the holorifle. This makes it likely that his initial claim, similar to the one made about Pip-Boys, is simply Elijah trying to belittle the Courier." But on his radio frequency he clearly says "Wish I... still had that damn Holorifle. Spent forever making it... need to find it when this is all done". So either this page is wrong or the radio frequency page (http://fallout.gamepedia.com/743.00_Hz_ULF_radio_signal) is wrong. Pretty sure I heard him say those exact words when I listened to it..
Talked to Ulysses?
- The record doesn't explicitly say Elijah and Ulysses talked, but Patient log: Y-17.9 does. --Kastera (talk) 18:53, 4 May 2014 (UTC)