This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Entomologist".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Does this expand diologe with the ant-agonizer?-accountless avenger
- No.Crimmastermind 08:59, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Seems very useful, since Giant Radscorpions are often encountered at 20 level, and Albino Radscorpions are a problem (1500 HP, second toughest enemy after Super Mutant Behemoth and spawn constantly) - Blackened (unregistered).
This perk and Animal Friend Level 1 are an essential pair if you want to cross the wastelands efficiently with the minimum of delay and harassment. Don't bother with Animal Friend 2, though. Despite what the explanation says, Yao Guai and molerats will still go after radscorpions (and even sentry bots) on your behalf if you have Level 1. (They've been a great help on occasion -- nothing funnier than a sentry bot that thinks it's got you on the hop being charged and slapped silly by a Yao Guai, unless it's a group of attacking raiders hearing a growl from behind and suddenly realizing they have company. Wish the game had dog biscuits or something to reward them.) Wunengzi 23:52, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
- What's so time consuming about taking a single shot to drop a Yao Gui? The only thing in the wastes capable of "harassing" my power build is an Albino Radscorpion and that's only if I am not carrying a rapid fire weapon. Mictlantecuhtli 00:59, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Then clearly, the advice wasn't meant for you (this is a talk page, after all, not the main article). You should be grateful for it anyway. After all, it did give you an opportunity to remind everyone of your talents. Wunengzi 03:46, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- The game is easy enough to make alot of the perks completely useless,including Animal Friend. So really it's a personal choice with no tactical benefits really, just amusement quality. Mictlantecuhtli 14:05, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
You clearly don't play on very hard mode.... Blutteufel 08:55, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Very hard is an endeavor in patience (reloads), it takes very little skill. Mictlantecuhtli 10:36, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
For me this perk is worth taking even at low level before doing the "them" quest simply because finally there are not that much more "useful" perks to choose to overlook this one.And if for no other reason than to help dealing with the extremely annoying and omnipresent albino radscorpions it is very useful.Croquignol 09:21, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
Any help against Mirelurks?[edit source]
Mirelurks are mutated crabs, and since crabs are Anthropods just like insects, it would make sense. So does this perk help against them? --188.8.131.52 13:40, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
- No. 184.108.40.206 17:29, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
I find if very useful in hardcore mode, because companions die by poison, this makes it that much easier to quickly eliminate them. 220.127.116.11 04:42, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
Patience would really be needed to kill just one or more giant radscorpions in Goodsprings cemetery in hard level with low weapons skill as I'm playing. I don't see what's the fun of reloading the game [New Vegas] time after time just to move along over them radscorpions. I think it's a really good perk if I am to collect poison glands to sell and for the recipes. To kill them I waste precious ammo so it suits me very well, the entomologist perk i.e. I don't have much mouse skill (so I'm thinking now) or time to reload the game all the time plus I like to play fluidly and not taking a whole night reloading to the point when I go to sleep dream about scorpions attacking me.
I'm new to this talking so if I post wrong please forgive me. I don't know how to reply. Cheers. -- 18.104.22.168 20:33, November 8, 2011 (UTC)Mike-PT