Talk:Fallout: New Vegas endings
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Fallout: New Vegas endings".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Followers of the Apocalypse
- 2 Cass
- 3 ED-E
- 4 Boone as Mercenary?
- 5 Additional Van Graff, Crimson Carvan ending
- 6 vault 22
- 7 Good NCR Ending
- 8 Birds of a Feather and Heartache by the Number
- 9 the kings
- 10 securitron army
- 11 Fiends
- 12 Novac
- 13 WHAT IF
- 14 Independent Vegas ending bug
- 15 remnants
- 16 Endings Not Showing?
- 17 Two endings don't appear...and one was glitched...
- 18 BoS Ending glitched
- 19 Play after "Endgame" ?
- 20 problems with BoS ending slides
- 21 The Kings Ending - Depnds on GI Blues not Kings Gambit
- 22 BOS Ending #2 a logical impossibility?
- 23 Followers of the Appacolypse slide bugged when siding with Mr. House
- 24 Bos Ending #5 glitched?
- 25 Just wondering...
- 26 Black Mountain
- 27 Crash on random slides
- 28 "Kill the people of Novac"
- 29 Remnants Ending
- 30 Goof Followers Ending With NCR
- 31 Great khans
- 32 Does the game end complitely?
- 33 Xbox patch 514 follower's help
when are you guys putting the conditions?
The Kings ending part It's "G.I. BLues" Not "Nothin' But A Houndog" 18.104.22.168 08:13, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
Followers of the Apocalypse
Just beat the game with a Mr House victory and got no Followers ending slide at all. The narration says "an independent Vegas", which makes me think it's probably a No Gods No Monsters trigger. Has anyone actually gotten this slide after completing All or Nothing? CapAp 20:26, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
I can confirm joining the followers of the apoc doesn't prevent them from being kicked out of the fort by the NCR. I had joined them and was at idolized and they still get kicked out.
- I am pretty sure that the player has to make a deal with the NCR for supplies. Sadly, I couldn't find out yet with what NPC to talk for that or how to check it out in the GECK.--Mr.Lexx(talk) 14:49, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
Please do, I won't finish the game again until I know how to keep these guys from being booted. --22.214.171.124 03:23, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I chose to make the supplies deal with the Atomic Wrangler Casino and this did not result in the Followers getting evicted from the Old Mormon Fort.
Looking at the GECK the condition, as is anything else, is tied to a global string titled "VStoryEventFollowersSupport". Using the tools it shows that it is linked to Julie Farkas and the resulting dialog shows various responses she can give you in for giving the NCR support. It is linked to a "quest" called "FreeformFreeside"- the various things you can do for them but is not tied to a particular quest that appears in the log, similar to where you bring them medical supplies. Take a look under Julie Farkas in GECK and look at the dialog tree, there is a topic called "I think the Followers should support NCR in the coming battle at the dam", or topic 64 in her topics tab. There are some conditions listed by it- relating to NCRstory state, globalstory state (basically where you have progressed in the NCR questline and overall plot) being a member of the followers or not, and some tag for Julie herself related to the Freeside freeform, but I can't make sense of them --MercZ 05:58, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I did some digging in the geck, apparently, from what I can tell, the NCR needs to be doing really bad in order for that option to pop up. So if you're doing the NCR questline, you're shit out of luck. Can anybody doing an Independent Vegas run see whether its possible for the Followers to support an Independent Vegas since that is another option.--126.96.36.199 20:09, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for that! I was getting the impression that those conditions looked screwy. I'll give that a try, I think it would be worth linking here too considering it is a bug. --MercZ 01:48, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
Just ended the game with Cass. Got her endings 4 and 5, plus another about her going to look for the Courier, kicking in door of his room, finding some NCR soldier, having her way with him, and leaving a whiskey bottle as a memento.
Didn't see it here.
I just got that Cass ending as well. She'd received Calm Heart, and I did NCR questline. CapAp 01:58, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
I just got an ED-E ending that was all ED-E beeps-and-whistles, no english voiceover. Anyone else?
- I also got only ED-E R2-D2 noises, I was on PC. Specifically, I completed the ED-E My Love quest and then got the Mr. House ending with good Karma.
I completed his questline, gave him to the Followers, and he died in the Hoover Dam battle while I was on Eureka. CapAp 01:59, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Just completed game for YesMan, never repaired ED-E and didn't get any ending for him (the current wiki suggests I would get ending #2 if I never repaired him). For the record, I had interacted with the unrepaired ED-E, and also talked to Nash about it, but just never got around to repairing him. POOOOP!!!
Try enabling Subtitles, I think ED-E's beeps are translated with them. ED-E's ending is voiced by himself so don't worry if you couldn't understand a thing.
Boone as Mercenary?
Anyone know what conditions need to happen in the story for this ending to be given? Yet to be filled out on page despite it being the most badass ending for the most badass companion in the game. I want him to stop QQing about his wife lol. 188.8.131.52 14:44, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
As a result of completing Side Quest:I forgot to remember to forget by getting Boone to become vengeful for Bitter Springs and allying with Mr House or independent New Vegas for main quest, Boone becomes a mercenary who takes any job anyone can offer.
Additional Van Graff, Crimson Carvan ending
I got this ending in addition to "In the years following the destruction of Cassidy Caravans, NCR used evidence of the plot to blackmail the Crimson Caravan and the Van Graffs. NCR enacted strict trade laws with little resistance, strengthening their supply lines and their position in the Mojave."
What is basically said was Alice and Gloria were removed from there positions but were killed by raiders on there way back west by raiders using high tech weapons no cargo was taken, the gun runners said they had no public motivation for the attack. I believe this is triggered by stealing there plans. --LordVukodlak 07:38, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
No, I got the same thing, but I think the condition is getting the Calm Heart perk for Cass (Peacefully solve Heartache by the Number), and did not enter the Gun Runner's factory at all. 184.108.40.206
Are there any consequences if you give the data from Vault 22 to NCR rather than destroy it?
Good NCR Ending
Here's a video that's pro-NCR with good resolutions for everyone that is not evil, including the Followers' good ending.
220.127.116.11 00:20, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
Birds of a Feather and Heartache by the Number
What I'm wondering is...which ending is rewarded by completing Heartache by the Number peacefully, thus submitting evidence to the NCR, and then killing the Van Graffs in an effort to protect Cass in Birds of a Feather? Would it reward the ' The slaughter of the Van Graffs and the Crimson Caravan caused no end of trouble for NCR back West.' ending or the 'In the years following the destruction of Cassidy Caravans, NCR used evidence of the plot to blackmail the Crimson Caravan and the Van Graffs.' one?
Technically you do both, so does one exclude the other? Has anyone tried this?
--18.104.22.168 12:01, November 18, 2010 (UTC)Lucien
Im gonna haft to say option nr 2,that is the most logical option since even though the Van Graffs may kill Cass,they will still be blackmailed by the NCR.It is purely speculation though.Ragedaoneanlonely 22:13, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
According to what I see in the game's scripting, the peaceful ending cannot happen if either Gloria or Alice die. Also, it's as if Heartache by the Number reverts to an incomplete state if you kill either of them after completing the peaceful method. Neither ending slide for this quest will show unless both are kept alive (with evidence turned in) or both are dead (completing the violent method).
Synergist 416 22:38, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
Just completed the game, resolved Heartache by the Number peacefully, forgot all about it, and killed the van Graffs as part of Tend to your Business (couldn't resist the temptation). As Synergist says, possibly since I left Alice alive, I didn't get the first ending slide at all for Cass. 22.214.171.124 23:42, February 23, 2011 (UTC)
Does it depend if i solve the trouble with the ncr with the favor or with the supply offered my colonel hsu? i still have the kings-favor but id like to join them to get a new haircut, but id sacrifice it to get a good kings ending...
i activated the securitron army under the fort, but it still says that new vegas becomes anarchic... anyone who knows why?
- I had the same issue... the anarchic new vegas may have something to do with your desitions on the quest of knowing the families of new vegas (white globe society, etc) but i'm only guessing, maybe its a bug
It seems it's just meant to be that way. The line between "Freedom" and "Lawlessness" is a very thin one, and in the same ending about the Securitron Army it is said that a part of the army is left at Hoover Dam and another part is sent to The Strip. The makes the rest of the Mojave completely lawless. Although I'd like to see it different, this is the unfortunate truth.--126.96.36.199 12:25, October 8, 2011 (UTC)
Looks like only Motor-Runner's death influences their ending (except the main quest, of course), while the article claims otherwise. We tested it this several playtroughs and are pretty sure. Won't risk editing the page though.
- Confirmed. Have not been able to get any of the "some fiends remain alive" endings to show up. Makes sense though, since the other fiends were not leaders (except maybe Nephi), just savage individuals. Page not edited.
I did get an ending on the legion side where the fiends overun camp mccaran despite suffering heavy losses, don't see it in the main page, not sure what the requirements are, but I think it happens with a legion victory combined with killing some or all of the officers at mccaran, not much different either way, Caesar still kills them because of their dependence on chems.
Are there only negative endings for Novac-all the ones listed state that the Legion overrun the place? Id've thought that there would be alternative ones if you completed Eureka! or destroyed the Legion's basing point in Nelson, and thus never allowed the Legion to get that far in the first place. =/ Wyrmalla 03:25, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, all the endings for Novac range from the completely negative to the mildly negative. In-game NPCs even say that they wouldn't get to Novac if Nelson is secured... :| Ranger Sarina 06:07, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
If you complete "come fly with me" by allowing the rockets to launch and optimizing the flight path the Novac endings should be more positive. In the House/NCR endings they should maintain their independence because the bright followers return and bolster their defenses, In the legion ending they're still conquered, but most of them escape.
what will happen if Yes man Mr. House Caesar and the Ncr Ambasador is all dead?
Yes Man cannot be killed since he is an AI in software form. Every time you destroy the robot body that he is in, he will just upload himself to another robot.
Independent Vegas ending bug
Short version: For Independent Vegas, the "worse" ending (the game thinks you have no Securitron Army) may play, even if you have seemingly already met the conditions for the "better" ending.
Long version: It seems that if you reactivate the Securitron army beneath The Fort on behalf of Mr House before even meeting Yes Man, the quest "Wild Card: You and What Army?" may not properly trigger. Using getqc and getstage on the quest reveals that the quest was never finished or even started. As such, it becomes impossible to get the better ending for Independent Vegas, even with the use of console commands.
- I did the "Wild card: You and What Army?" quest after talking with yes man and i still had the "bad" ending of independent vegas.. as i said before, maybe it has something to do with the quest of knowing the families of new vegas (white globe society, etc)
- Possibly. Yes Man's dialogue seem to reflect that the quest was completed (He mentions having to put in the Override Chip to start up the army beneath The Fort, when giving the quest "Wild Card: Finishing Touches"), but the quest is nowhere to be found in the Pipboy (not even as a completed quest). However, I do clearly recall one thing - I was never given the option to report back to Yes Man that the Securitrons beneath The Fort had been activated. So either the quest was given, but somehow removed without being properly completed, or the quest was never given in the first place.
- I'm thinking ... I haven't confirmed this because I'd have to play a big section of the game over and my family needs me ... but I'm thinking if you report to anyone else before seeing Yes Man, after doing Wild card you and what army, you always get the worse ending for independent vegas. You seem to have to follow a straight line from getting wild card YAWA if you want the better ending. I took the xp boosts from reporting to caesar and the ncr, then went to yes man. The securitrons are upgraded (cigar-smoking, helmeted faces), they fire missles in the final battle, and I brag about them to the colonel, so the mission is done, but I still get the "anarchy ruled the streets" nonsense. Anyone want to confirm what they had to do to actually get the better ending?
if you tell the remnants to fight for the legion, and you complete the legion endgame quest, will the ending still say that they were hunted down? or will it say something completely different?
- should depend on if you save Caesar or not ... Lanius hunts them but fails, Caesar orders they not be pursued.
Endings Not Showing?
Everything else was as expected.
Followers Unread - Completed All or Nothing (supposed: Ending 6)
NCR Rangers Unread - Chief commits suicide, Completed All or Nothing (supposed: Ending 7)
Two endings don't appear...and one was glitched...
The NCR Rangers ending didn't appear for me at all (even though I did the related quest and kept him alive) and the Arcade Gannon ending didn't appear (although a bug caused For Auld Lang Syne from triggering...). Lily's ending showed as if she'd died, even though she didn't appear whatsoever in this walkthrough (her page here says she can be killed before she's recruited, but there aren't any cazadores around and her body didn't even appear...) This was all on 360 Ranger Sarina 06:05, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I've noticed random inconsistencies like this. For no reason, I didn't get Ed-E's ending one time (even though I did Ed-E my love in full). Another time, no Arcade Gannon epilogue.
- Yes, I noticed the same issue (multiple replays). There is probably a priority system of some sort for which endings get shown. I can confirm that priority is not random, the same set of endings will show each time.
BoS Ending glitched
After killing all members of BoS in the Hidden Valley (I did not destroy the bunker), gaining "vilified" reputation, telling YesMan that I have killed them all, and then Completing YesMan's ending... I recieved the ending #3 (BoS retaking Helios), which should not be triggered unless I have completed Tend to Your Business. However, I had already failed all BoS quests, including Still in the Dark (the only one I even began).
Play after "Endgame" ?
The following was posted under notes, reguarding playing after the game has ended:
■ If the player enters the console command "enableplayercontrols" (without quotations) then they are free to move about. The player will find themselves in an incredibly small room and attempting to walk out into the black non-space will simply end with you appearing back in the same small room. If the player walks through the curtain/projection infront of them ("tcl" not needed) then they will find Ron the Narrator. Attempting to interact with Ron will simply make the screen zoom slightly then the next slide will play. Upon looking at their Pip-Boy the player will find that they CANNOT fast travel and are in a location called "Endgame", however the player can still fast travel using the command "coc vault11" (not limited to vault 11) - fast travelling in this way will allow the player to continue in "free-roam mode", with all previously acquired quests still available, in this way it is possible to complete the game multiple times on one save (however, this will render standard fast travel via the Pip-Boy unusable until the player enters/leaves any building).
I thank you for posting this & I'd like to ask a few questions.
At what point in the ending slide show did you use the console command "enableplayercontrols" ?
Also, Just to clarify, Are you saying that when you fast traveled back to vault 11 you find the game fully reset ?
That is to ask, were all the quest totally re available, even with dead NPCs resurrected & quest items back in place ?
Finally, did you retain all your gear & stats or was it like starting all over again just from a different location ?
Sig Line : That was broke afore I got here ; p 22:50, February 1, 2011 (UTC)
It has been quite some time now & still no reply, so I'll ask again.
Dose anyone have any more info on exactly when to use console comands to contenue play after from "Endgame" & or any other details about what effects have been found ?
Sigline: That was broke afore I got here ; p 22:54, March 23, 2011 (UTC)
problems with BoS ending slides
Not entirely sure why, but on an independent new vegas ending it is entirely possible for slide 7 (or whatever the brotherhood one voiced by elder macnamara is) to be cut out of the endgame entirely. I am not sure why this is - but it may have something to do with the fact that I completed the NCR questline up until the "truce" with the BoS, while completing the yes-man questline (doing all of his sidequests in side bets before talking to him, and removing house) as far as that can be progressed without voiding NCR quests at the same time.
One of the end "results" of all this was despite failing The House Always Wins ... I still had the quest VI availible (protect kimball).
I have no idea what I've done wrong here.
The Kings Ending - Depnds on GI Blues not Kings Gambit
According to the GECK the ending depends on the completion of "GI Blues" (VMS19) not "The Kings Gambit" as stated in all the descriptors on this page.
This would make sense as otherwise you'd have to fail Kings Gambit purposely by killing Pacer to implicate the NCR when your working for House or as an indepedent.
I've yet to verify this but i should be able to by tonight
- I can confirm that the ending does not depend on the outcome of King's Gambit - I intentionally killed Pacer to fail the quest, but I did not the 'full-scale war' ending. (I was working for House, if that's relevant.) Jckgoo 07:58, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
Just completed the ending for House with inciting against the NCR in GI Blues and got the "Mr House looked on their actions favourably & left them alone etc"
So the main page needs to be changed
BOS Ending #2 a logical impossibility?
How am I supposed to acquire BOS ending #2? To get the "Veni, Vidi, Vici" quest, Ceasar requires that I blow up the BOS bunker, but if I do that, it overrides the ending and gives me #1. Has anyone actually successfully recieved this ending, and if so, how?
- Complete the Brotherhood quest line first, then do Veni Vidi Vici. Bear in mind you can detroy the Brotherhood *without* blowing the Bunker - you just have to kill most of them off inside. This might play a part. I got ending 2 myself so I know it is possible. I'll have to check the GECK 188.8.131.52 16:21, March 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe the trigger is killing the key personel, McNamara, Hardin, Ibsen, Schuler and Ramos, without destroying the bunker and killing everyone. I had this discrepancies regarding Veronica, I encourage her to stay with the Brotherhood, McNamara was the elder and I didn't joinned the BoS, the ending I got was number 8. Also, she was not my companion during the battle (was with Cass and ED-E). It appears the trigger is not putting Hardin or having her as a companion during No Gods, No Master, but joinning the BoS. I tested this three times and I edited the page, BTW. Brfritos 10:40, March 9, 2011 (UTC)
Followers of the Appacolypse slide bugged when siding with Mr. House
I just completed the Mr. House ending, but the Followers of the Appacolypse slide doesn't appear. I'm sure it's a bug.
Bos Ending #5 glitched?
The description says that, I should complete Eye Sight to the Blind and No Gods, No Masters, but the BOS ending didn't appear at all. I had formed a truce between the NCR and the BOS, killed President Kimball after I had reported to Colonel Moore about the truce being formed, and completed both quests mentioned in the endings description. Is this ending glitched or am I doing something wrong? 184.108.40.206 00:41, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
Is it because I had accidently flipped the switch that was on the broadcasting tower, before I had planted the signal transponder? 220.127.116.11 05:48, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
Has anyone bothered to work out the sheer number of different endings with this? Its rather astronomical. Even taking out the ones that are impossible to combine (i.e. most of the endings wont appear unless you have a specific Karma rating) - its still rather large. Timeoin 17:34, March 29, 2011 (UTC)
I've been trying to get the "do not approach" ending, but I'm having no luck. So far I've tried:
- Never going near Black Mountain, never tuning in BMR.
- Tuning in BMR, listening for a few hours (to make sure I hear Raul's voice), but never approaching.
- Getting Crazy, Crazy, Crazy from Neil, but not completing it (as well as not approaching).
Anyone who got this ending care to elaborate on the conditions? CapAp 12:22, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
Crash on random slides
I've excperienced some crashes on my previous game, the slides would go on until Cass' endings then BAM! Crashed to the desktop, and a minute later, crash on the second Cass slide... --DannyK92 22:24, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
"Kill the people of Novac"
I think that should be changed to "Let Boone kill Jeannie May Crawford and kill Cliff Briscoe and/or Ranger Andy". On one of my playthroughs JMC and Cliff Briscoe were killed. On another JMC, Cliff Briscoe, and Ranger Andy were killed (Ranger Andy attacked me because I was declared a terrorist by the NCR). I got Novac Ending #1 for both playthroughs despite the fact that everyone else was left alone. Ranger Sarina 05:55, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
The ending where they all die: Do you have to kill them all after starting For Auld Lang Syne, or will any time do? --18.104.22.168 21:19, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
Goof Followers Ending With NCR
I just figure dI'd explain to you all how I got this. I was idolized by NCR, and soon after became idolized by the followers. After I had joined them, A new thing showed up saying "I think the followers should support the NCR in the upcoming battle" No matter what you say, she'll agree. Im not to sure if you need to be idolized by the NCR for this, but i figured it was worth a mention. --DictatorDom14 23:23, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
That's an ending that was added in the most recent patch because the developers forgot about it. I think you can get the followers to support everyone apart from the legion. KiwiBird 23:34, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Really? I cant really see them Supporting Mr. House. --DictatorDom14 03:50, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
Do you still have to do that thing where you can't interact with the Followers until you have been invited to Hoover Dam?RiftJargon 13:14, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
I convinced the great khans to side with the NCR and beat the game both as house and independant after that and the khan's ending was absent, I read the endings and you have nothing for that senario so I was wondering wether or not one exists
Does the game end complitely?
I haven't finished the main storyline yet because I fear the game would end (I enjoy it far too much right now). I've tried to find an answer to the question but I haven't found a clear answer.
So, when I finish the main questline, will the game be "over" or will I be able to continue with sidequests and whatnot afterwards like in Fallout 3 if you got yourself the add-ons? (I've got all the add-ons possible on FNV). I'm playing on PS3 so I can't really use console commands to tinker myself out of it either (if that's possible anyway).
Thanks in advance!
22.214.171.124 21:31, September 27, 2011 (UTC)LizKitty
- Nope, you can simply reload a former save and continue playing. EBTalk 21:32, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
Xbox patch 514 follower's help
Hi all, I've installed the new xbox patch , so I could get the followers to aid the NCR, Julie brings up the abundance of supplies and wondering if we can help anyone dialogue but I still have mo option to aid the NCR. Someone said you had to speak to general Oliver first, but I don't think you can until Eureka! Could anyone give me some clear instructions on what to do? Many thanks.
126.96.36.199 00:15, October 9, 2011 (UTC)