Talk:Fallout 3 patch 1.5
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Fallout 3 patch 1.5".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Dog Armor?
- 2 Did I get it?
- 3 Repairing Infiltrators
- 4 working perks
- 5 Mods
- 6 Multi-Core Processor Glitch Fixed?
- 7 Alternative to XBOX Live?
- 8 GFWL Issues?
- 9 Followers not following through doors
- 10 Alt-tab not working properly
- 11 Fawkes and Charon fix? WTF?
- 12 Patch 1.5 for xbox 360
- 13 Citadel bug
- 14 IT'S OFFICIAL
- 15 There's a thin line...
- 16 patch
- 17 "It breaks Ignore Normal Resistance flags on weapons like the Deathclaw Gauntlet."
Somebody in the IRC said that dogmeat armor has been added in this patch.. Confirmation please? //--Teh Krush 00:51, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Ahahaha, sounds like someone was jerking you around.
- More than likely someone making a joke in the vein of Oblivion's Horse Armour DLC. ••• Beev 16:10, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
- Here you go, a mod for dog armor. Now you can pretend the patch added it, lol. http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4474
The PC version of the patch is not yet released, on GFWL or on the FO3 site. What you saw was in all likelihood related to the GFWL client system in the game being updated. Here's the thread on the official BethSoft forum, in particular GStaff's statement that the PC version isn't out yet: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=981334&view=findpost&p=14185916 --MadCat221 03:39, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
Did I get it?
Live started installing but my system locked up. Left it for a half hour no change, so I cancelled it. I have no idea how to check if I got it or not, but it's not prompting me about it anymore. 126.96.36.199 23:01, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Go to settings, then display, the version number will be displayed in the lower left corner.
- Thanks buddy. It looks like I've got it. Might be my imagination, but my 'nades appear to have become 8 billion times more effective in VATS. 188.8.131.52 01:24, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
I now seem to be able to repair Infiltrators with each other on the PC with this patch. Confirm?--Brian ranzoni 00:43, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Seems like it. I never knew you couldnt before? I can confirm that you can repair inflitrators with each other on a fully patched xbox360 save.
Finally. I was really starting to get annoyed at those "wasted"erk slots, and useless quest reward. In the word's of FPS Doug "WOAH YA! IT'S HEADSHOT TIME!" DragonJTS 13:16, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
I sincerely hope the mod bug I'm reading in this article is either just a mistake, or only affects a small number of them. I'd be pretty upset if it were otherwise, there's a LOT of good mods out there that place new objects in the game, and I use many of them.--Kajex Firedrake 11:21, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- I am afraid that it is indeed true. The official forums have gotten many reports about this. Bethesda have really shot themselves in the food this time.--184.108.40.206 14:47, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- What feet? The ones they blew off earlier with the previous two patches? It'd be more accurate to say "They really shot themselves in the stumps right below their shins this time."--Kajex Firedrake 00:12, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- Look at this: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=985364 and http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=986090 Also, about V.A.T.S. http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=985738
- Looks like he said "shot themselves in the *food*". Anyway, that realys sucks. Well, at least now I can pretend it's Bethesda's fault I can't play, instead of my stupid computer.Fiddlesoup 04:36, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
Multi-Core Processor Glitch Fixed?
Does anyone know if this patch fixed the multi-core processor freeze glitch that was introduced with the last patch? Bethesda, as per usual, hasn't really said anything about it since they're dealing with their DLC never working all the time, so I'm not sure what causes it and can't tell from the patch notes whether the 'incorrect references' fix would have anything to do with it?. Then again, everything else seems to be going straight to hell so I suppose it's hard to tell if something has been fixed amiss forty new problems being implemented. I'm too scared to patch my game and I'm too scared to buy Broken Steel even though I bought points specifically for it. --220.127.116.11 18:13, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- On my dual core Athlon it works like charm. I had multicore AMD patch installed before, so i wouldn't know how it works (or doesn't) without it. --ThorX 08:02, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Alternative to XBOX Live?
Is there any other way to get the game patched then paying for a live account? I pre-ordered the Operation: Anchorage and Broken Steel DLC on disc instead of an account - does it come with the patches?Kalaong 00:55, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Where did you pre-order OA and BS? I thought BS wasn't going to be released on a disc yet? Oh if there are on a disc, expect the patch 1.4 or later as it is needed to run the dlc, but that is only a guess. --18.104.22.168 05:46, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Oops. My bad. I pre-ordered Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack: Operation Anchorage and The Pitt. Still wondering if a patch is included, though.Kalaong 04:45, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
um man, you don't have to have a gold account to download add ons, you just need to get a FREE silver account and then buy pointsJaw272 19:34, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
For PC the 1.4 patch is on the retail add-on disc.
Just use a *free* silver account. Silver gives you chat, downloads. Just no premiums like multiplayer gameplay, LastFM or Facebook. And yeah the patch is on the disk. The OA+Pitt disk has an oldish patch, but the BS+Point Lookout disk has (i think) the newest patch on it. 22.214.171.124 03:02, January 11, 2010 (UTC)
When I installed this patch my GFWL started refusing to open up. I uninstalled FO3 then reinstalled it but not patch 1.5, tried GFWL and it worked, reinstalled patch 1.5 and GFWL stopped working. Any ideas?
Followers not following through doors
Looks as if sometimes they can t get through doors. They will stay behind you. Going back and forth doesn't fix it. When moved (console, moveto player) to player, they might die. Happened when exiting Tenpenny tower, Underground, Citadel A-Ring. Looks as if 'fix' in patch doesn t like glitched number of followers, because usually Dogmeat and one of humans gets put in a decent spot, but the second human might end up standing on somebodys head (NW-07c exit), one floor up (GNR Entry), somewhere in front of you out of sight, only two followers get through (Lamplight to Reactor Chamber) or something else not really expected or appreciated. Some doors just don t let them through, like Tenpenny lobby to generator room. Caution is advised ! --ThorX 05:58, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Underground exit to Museum Lobby: on third try Fawkes and Dogmeat follow (in/out 3 times). 'Moveto player' teleports them bit too low and they die, if not essential.
- Would just like to add warning about Underground exit: Best to leave followers outside, it's the worst of them all. --ThorX 07:55, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Alt-tab not working properly
After installing the patch, Alt-Tab no longer works for me. Now it places the game to the taskbar all right, but I can't get it back up: I hear the PipBoy background whirring, but the game won't gain focus (meaning I still see the desktop and can click on it, even though I hear the aforementioned whirring sound and the F3 "button" on the taskbar is pressed in, so Win thinks the game has focus). Oh, and Anchorage and the NoRepairNeeded mod STILL don't want to remain checked, even though the Mod Manager loads them correctly (as the appearance of the Outcast transmission shows, though for some reason, installing the patch put the base game at the END of the loading order...weird).--Amitakartok 22:17, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- I had the alt+tab issue under 1.4 already
- This started when i installed Mod manager, was o.k. before. --ThorX 07:59, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- This problem appeared after the 1.1 patch for pretty much everybody. Alt-Tab is completely broken.
Fawkes and Charon fix? WTF?
Why would they get rid of the Fawkes and Charon glitch? They are the two greatest followers in the game and they just made it so you can only have one? BETHESDA YOU SUCK!--FawkesGamer360 00:43, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- There's probably a mod that can let you bring both along. SpellChecker 23:17, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Patch 1.5 for xbox 360
Does the patch for xbox 360 automaticlly downloads it from xbox live when you start the game? I'm kinda confused if it shows up as an update or not... I do get a message stating my game should be updated when i start the game. Is that the Patch?
Yeah thats the patch. If you are online and singed in to a XBL account, When you start the game you will get some message about xbox live and updating. Say yes.
I have The Pitt and Anchorage on a disc and if I try to re-install them then it says that an update is avalible or something, but I am not connected to LIVE. Does the patch get added either way without LIVE?
There's this bug in the game that freezes the game when you enter Citadel Ring A to Ring B continuaslly. I tried to load it again and froze while loading. can anyone help
Is this it? no more updates?
Everyone at Bethesda is mentally retarded; there is simply no other explanation for they way they "fix" harmless bugs that no one cares about while at the same time introducing TONS more that wreck the game. Whoop de fucking do,so the way the VATS calculations for perks appears a little weird - I'd still prefer that over 18 new ways for the game to crash for no reason other than the astonishingly tremendous brain damage collectively sustained by the entirety of Bethesda's staff. That's right, even their officie's janitor is a moron.
- I'm sorry, but wheres your perfectly un-bugged game? If you don't like the game, don't play it. Some bugs can't really be explained, and for some reason or other cannot be fixed. Tzaro the Outcast 00:48, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
Haha, wow. Of course a game will have some problems, but my point was that this game is riddled with more game-raping glitches than any other I've ever seen combined. Also, who said I don't like the game? Nice try, pal.
- Well, you called the developers retarded, and you complain about the glitches and bugs like it was the end of the world. Anyone would have figured you didn't like the game. Tzaro the Outcast 00:56, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
This is so stupid, fallout 3 had barely any bugs to begin with. The few bugs it had where so small. Now they go and add patches to fix these small bugs and in the process create catastrofic game crashing bugs. Wait, now bugs are supposed to be small ceatures, but bethesda must have there heads far in the fallout universe. Their bugs cant be small they've gotta be these huge RAD-elepthant bug or maybe deathbugs. Like a deathclaw mated with a giant supermutant and a computer. ALSO!!!, the DLC's wont play without the latest patch or else I just wouldnt download them. Basically if I have to pay 65 dollars for a game I love, I just dont see why bethesda cant do a little better.
Sincerly, a bethesda fan, thank you.
There's a thin line...
When I pre-ordered then recieved Fallout 3 ver 1.1 I played through the whole campaign and only saw two bugs: npc's falling to their death's in Megaton and the flying objects/npc's physics bug. I felt safe to buy the Add-ons (all except Zeta) from gamestop and hoped that a patch would be included with them. It appears, one way or another, M$oft and Bethesda want you to fork over some dollars if "you want that patch." This to me is resonant of all the greed we Americans are dealing with on a daily basis. It will only piss off more consumers in the long run and cost them business. I payed 40$ for the add ons and that is no small change at this point in time. I've had no ne connection for a year have to find a weak signal to piggy back it (no downloads, chat servers, bairly pull off email). It has been said that there is a thin line between love and hate; I have a love/hate relationship with Fallout 3, M$oft, and Bethesda and it will definitely affect all my purchases with them in the future.
How do you download the patch for xbox , do you to update the game or go to marketplace?
"It breaks Ignore Normal Resistance flags on weapons like the Deathclaw Gauntlet."
ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?? Ive been using the death claw gauntlet on many builds, and it has never been working this entire time??? Does this also effect the microwave emitter? I was going to make an energy weapons, VATS, gunslinger build just for the microwave emitter. Now I don't want to. 126.96.36.199 10:10, May 18, 2011 (UTC)