Development and Controversies
- I'm unsure of how exactly to list the development from its current state on the page to BETA and beyond. Should we create pages for patches and exploits?
- Additionally, should we summarize the controversy over the Power Armor edition bag, the data breach revealing personally-identifiable information and even the Nuka Dark Rum bottle or go into detail? Any suggestions on sources as to create a fair approach to both sides?--Sablemalamute (talk) 05:18, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- (Not sure how I respond on a comment, never really talked here before) I'd say we should do what Nukapedia did, and create a patch page, but not one for exploits unless they're filed as either still an issue or fixed, to prevent confusion. As for the controversial bits, Wikipedia already covered most of those, so I'd just do something like this:
Fallout 76 has received several issues since its release, ranging from false advertisement, to personal information leaks. More can be read on Wikipedia. Fallout 76 controversies.
Or something like that. I'm all for creating a fair approach to some of the issues, but I don't want to be used as a source in some Discord or forum to spread misinformation on the forums or YouTube alike. -- Ss2077 (talk) 05:40, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- That is an excellent approach. I'm all for such a section and will gladly provide editing and proofreading. I think it would be good to divide the section into Marketing and Development controversies, rather than conflating the two Bethesdas. Tagaziel (talk) 08:08, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- I've been considering how to put down these myself and I'm all for a page dedicated to all the mishaps and controversies around 76. Shadowrunner(stuff) 08:22, 9 February 2019 (UTC)