This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Fast travel".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
There is a discrepancy. Megaton allows fast travel but Temple of the Union does not. I had to get to a fair distance before I was able to fast travel again. Why is this set up this way?--Amitakartok 20:24, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Because at one point Hamlin says you can't leave. This is to prevent that. Doesn't explain why you can't wait in Eulogys house. Fat Man Spoon 20:25, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Also, some parts of Paradise Falls prevent fast travel, too. Kris (talk) 23:17, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Sneak and Fast Travel
Sneaking is factored into the time spent fast travelling. I personally disagree with a full sneak penalty from location A to B since you'd never sneak the whole way, except for when encountering enemies you don't want to fight.
It should be taken into account though, since more time will pass if you sneak fast travel to your destination.
- A vendor may not be available
- You're a stealth character and depend more on low light
- You're afraid of the dark
- Perks affected by time of day
--tompreik [XBOX] 12:48, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Really? I had no idea...--Amitakartok 19:33, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think so, but I can't be sure. Nitty Tok. 23:13, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Fallout 3: fast travel and being irradiated
A recent edit brought this to mind. I'm sure I remember, in the past, where I was unable to fast travel due to being irradiated; specifically, I was in the White House crater. Yet much more recently, I've been able to fast travel without a problem while being irradiated; even while submerged in water with the breath timer ticking down. Was I imagining things? Was there an update to the game that changed this? Does Broken Steel change this? Kris mailbox 22:51, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
Fast traveling for passing game time
I added this useful topic, relevant to the last 2 games, under the New Vegas category for those who haven't thought of it. Played through most of the game and just recently thought of maximizing it's effectiveness as I described. I don't see what other page is more appropriate for the tip to be posted in, so I posted it here. Mainly typing this as anti-vandal admin Crazy sam10 seems to disapprove of my contribution. I know it doesn't look perfectly neat with the regular info regarding Fast Travel but ask around if it ain't "good to know."
- It probably got removed because The Vault has a strict "no strategy" policy. Best regards, Kastera (talk) 18:05, April 3, 2011 (UTC)
Console command for enabling fast travel?
I was fighting the Legion at Hoover Dam when I downloaded Dead Money and Honest Hearts. I had only 2 saves, one where the battle had started and one at ten levels below what I'm at now, so I used coc to get the hell outta there. Now I can't fast travel. Is there a command for it?
Use enablefasttravel 1 but this does not enable it forever or go to http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39304 to play after the final battle.