This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Fiends".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
What a bunch of fuckers.[edit source]
Aba Daba Honeymoon. You just go to Motor Runner and do a drug deal on behalf of Jack/Diane, if you kill him straight after giving him the package, the quest is failed I believe Willooi 16:18, November 25, 2010 (UTC)
Three-Card Bounty. Major Dhatri has you hunt down and kill 3 of their leaders. You can collect their heads, (preferably intact, don't go for head shots), before meeting Major Dhatri, and still get the rewards.DarthOrc 02:36, August 5, 2011 (UTC)DarthOrc
do the fiends have factional armor? i tried wearing looted armor (standard raider stuff + fiend helmet) but they are still 100% hostile.
- Nah, they don't. But I think Khan Armor works at least in Vault 3. xNOKIx 15:04, February 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Fiends wear standard wasteland armor/attire. Their helmets aren't considered factional, either. Your followers will carry them and Cass and Boone will wear them. (If you sell Sgt. Daniel Contreras at Camp McCarran a raider helmet, he will wear it if you haven't sold him anything with a higher DT.)DarthOrc 02:35, August 5, 2011 (UTC)DarthOrc
Motor-Runner's obviously their leader, but couldn't Driver Nephi, Violet, Cook-Cook, along with Night Terror and Jackson (the two mentioned by Little Buster) considered lieutenants, or some form of leadership in their own right? Driver Nephi and Cook-Cook are both surrounded by lesser fiends, after all.
- They could and they are. What's the question? --Kris 10:38, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
The Fiends run by an oligarchy, a form of government in which all power is vested in a few persons or in a dominant class or clique. all of the leadership is divided into Cook-Cook, Violet, Driver Nephi, and Motor-Runner wich, altogether, lead the Fiends. Without thier leadership, the Fiends fall apart at the end of the game.
- Oligarchy is a bit farfetched for these lunatic chem-mongers, it's not an oligarchy at all. The Fiends are a tribal "society" who rely on leaders out of instinct, It's possible that people like Cook-Cook and violet are the leaders because they're tough and fearsome and very violent.
Whether by consent or conquest (voluntary or out of fear) the Fiends are ruled by an Oligarchy, and so labeling them as Anarchists is wrong. 220.127.116.11 12:19, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
By the way, the fiends have filthy texture because they're a particular non-playable race or because of a status constant? what im trying to figure out here is if i can make a character that looks as dirty and "drug-addicted" as those guys.
Are you sure you get karma every single time you kill a [[Fiend ? I seem to get the karma increase message only if I've backstabbed/sneak-killed one. If a Fiend comes at me and I kill it, there's no karma message, though I guess my karma may have gone up anyway. --Hapaxlegomena 02:17, November 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I always get a Karma boost. In fact Fiend s keep my Saint well set with God like Karma in spite of how much he loves to steals. One dead fiend forgives more than a few red items in my pocket ;D
SaintPain's Sig line : That was broken afore I got here ! 00:36, May 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I seem to gain karma only when I one shot them i.e a sneak attack. (The Iron Turtle 10:33, 13 April 2012 (UTC))
HOW THE HELL[edit source]
how the hell do they get laser weapons from and how do they know how to yous it
do a drunken adicted fiend say
"Hey i hi-tec impusion bem from a titanium tube wich have a prism to gide the heated beam from the igniter"
i dont think so
- Hmmm... Perhaps they looted the weapons off of Gun Runner caravans before they cut supply of energy weapons. As for knowing how they work? The conditions are always shitty when you pick them up, so maybe they don't. An Editor
I always thought that too lol. The obviously stole them but... maybe the leaders knew how to use them then taught the fiends? either that or they don't actually know, you've seen how often they miss. -- Jam
The article claims that the energy weapons were looted from Vault 3 which would be a reasonable explanation if there was actually some proof within the vault that it had been stocked with energy weapons although I've never been able to find any such weapons in any crate or weapons locker in the entire vault. As for how the Fiends know how to use energy weapons in the first place all i can offer is unsubstantiated speculation; maybe one of them knew how to use them and taught the others or they found an instructions manual somewhere (but that's assuming they can even read in the first place) Although if you ask me I seriously doubt that anyone who can't even open locked doors (or pick them) would not be able to use energy weapons in the first place or at the very least not be able to maintain them.--BattleBen 06:12, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Most energy weapons are pretty simple and resemble regular firearms, so it's piss easy to use them, it's maintenance that's a problem. As someone above said, their energy guns are always in lousy condition, so that means they don't really fix them. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 07:43, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
Chatting Fiends[edit source]
I noticed Fiends in the Recreation Room with all the pool tables actually chatting with each other like NPCs did in Fallout 3. They says things like: "What the fuck are you looking at?" "I'm looking at you." "Well KEEP MOVING!" and "Got any Jet?" "Not for you!" "LYING BITCH!"
Anybody else noticed this?
Is this really necessary? I think not.
- Already removed.--Gothemasticator 15:08, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
is it possible to ally with them? --ASJ96 13:31, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
Replenishing of numbers[edit source]
I've been wondering after killing so many fiends, how do they replenish their numbers? I hardly see them reproducing. Sure they got males and females, but womens are such drugs addicts their babies would have too many congenital disorders, and I hardly see them caring for youngs. Plus you don't see any Fiends childrens. I could imagine they kidnap people and hook them up on drugs and force them to fight to get more drugs, just like the Gommorha prostitutes...
Or, you know, they replenish their numbers when the thousands of junkies living in poverty in outer Vegas think "Hey, these guys have drugs! And lots of guns! I could see myself amongst them!"
Yeah I figured that but see, Fiends attack on sight. I hardly see someone waving a white flag and saying oh hey can I join you please get me to your chief without killing me. Nah...
Just because you don't see it doesn't mean that it doesn't ever happen. If that's the way you're going to look at it you may as well conclude that the NCR and Legion are never able to replenish their numbers since you never see them recruit anybody. You also never see Mr. House building any new Securitrons either.
Well the Fiends aren't immediately hostile to everybody, Dermot and Saint James sold slaves to the Fiends, plus they leave the Khans alone.