Talk:Gold Ribbon Grocers
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Gold Ribbon Grocers".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
It's probably worth keeping this as a separate page and moving the info out of the Jury St page, as the effort gone into this room is fairly noteworthy. Dafpants 23:47, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
Im pretty sure that bethesda put this in as a tribute to someone, forget his name, who made all the domino days videos and contraptions in oblivions editor. --J.J.-Lopez 07:17, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
The body and prizes do not actually spawn until the gas leak is ignited. It is unnecessary to climb to the second floor to throw a grenade under the slide.
- I think you should add that you could just shoot the skeleton after the fireworks to make them fall.18.104.22.168 00:29, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Shooting the skeletons works. I only got two missiles though and there wasn't any left on the slide. I'm pretty sure it's the only way to get them in my copy of the game lol. I've never seen them fall off automatically. Maybe because the machine is buggy. Fire extinguisher always falls down before the domino effect even completes.
- I just chucked a bunch of frags into the hole they come out of. It took me around 10 to get it all down. (not counting the 4 I didn't throw right that blew up in my face >.<) 22.214.171.124 17:09, June 11, 2010 (UTC)
- For me, the important information lacking from this page was the location of the hole from which the loot drops. I kept trying to build towers to get me into the hole beside the counter and coolers because I didn't know about the one in the far corner by the blocked front door. :P So, any stuck PS3 players, you can find the skeleton to shoot in the front corner of the store near where the battering ram is hanging.
—ZorkFox (ষTalk) 19:49, September 24, 2011 (UTC)
Game crashes after leaving store
For me it happened that my whole character was lost: I have no savegames prior to the point of entering the store. When leaving, the only thing I see is someone running towards me (possibly a random encounter?) and then the game crashes. Ideas?
I found a way! On an Xbox, press the 'X' button before it loads. Close the dashboard and press Start before it has time to crash - this takes precision, and took me a few goes before I could do it - Hope this helps! -- 126.96.36.199 18:38, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
Attention 'Explosive Explosives' mod users
You will (probably) die. The gas leak explosion also explodes the missiles and mini nuke if you're using this mod (which is included in FOOK). This took me by surprise.
On 360 with broken steel addon, first visit into the store and it was already set off, boxes looked like someone hit both ends at the same time and cascaded towards eachother, everything was blown up and the skeleton was already on the floor with both the magazines and two missles, no nuke. Sucked because I'm a rube fan, had to watch it on youtube instead. Mechacode 02:01, January 26, 2010 (UTC)
Thats a shame... but on PS3 GOTY Edition it was all fine. I think something fell or clipped onto the pressure plate, Im just speculating. CheezeWEEPツ 02:14, January 26, 2010 (UTC)
A lot of the layout problems with this page stem from the combination of location and unmarked quest information. I understand a previous decision was reached circa February 2009 to merge the quest article onto the same page, based on the implementation of a redirect at that point. I believe an approach similar to that taken with an article such as Jefferson Memorial could alleviate some of the issues, which could have easily become a quest-laden article due to the large crossover. phoenix txt 14:58, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I guess "oops" would be appropriate here... We reconsidered the qualifications of an unmarked quest in the meantime, and "Rube's Gold Ribbon" was one of those which were removed (as such, you won't find it listed on Fallout 3 quests anymore). It seems I simply forgot to change this page into a standard location article at the time. Long story short, this article should simply be turned into a location one and the traces of the "unmarked quest" be removed. -- Porter21 (talk) 15:09, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
PC version bug
all the stuff wont drop out of the ceiling most of the time (tried 5 times, something was always missing) managed to get the missing skill book by throwing grenades in to the hole where the goods are supposed to drop
Would it Work?
Would tapping the Swing trap really work? I don't know cause i've never tried it that way.-bleep196- 01:30, August 21, 2010 (UTC)