This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Heave Ho!".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Does this perk give you greater attack range in VATS too (represented by a higher percentage of throwing accuracy at long range, with grenades, for example), or does it ONLY have an effect in real-time?
It seems like it doesn't do anything at all in VATS.
Is this essential for explosion centered builds?[edit source]
I am unsure if this perk is worth buying. I made a build focused around sneaking and exploding pants. I don't know if I should give up the third rank of demo expert for being able to toss grenades when I already initiate combat next to the enemy?BehemothGHUNTER 01:44, November 24, 2010 (UTC)Behemoth Game Hunter
- It applies to throwing knives, hatchets and spears also. Not just grenades. Mictlantecuhtli 17:43, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
New Vegas: grenade launcher?[edit source]
"Interestingly this perk seems to effect all explosive weapons that fire in an arc, such as the Grenade launcher." Where did this come from? 18.104.22.168 15:52, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure. Could be subjective info. The info from the GECK doesn't tell me one way or another with any certainty. It works off of an entry point, "Modify Throwing Velocity" with a "Multiply Value" effect and a value of 1.5. It seems to imply only thrown weapons are affected, but I can't confirm that with only the information presented. Objective trials are needed, which should be rather easy to do. On the PC, obtain enough ammo and the grenade launcher weapon. Find a place where it's easy to judge the distance of the grenade's flight. Bind a key to the Fire function for greatest testing accuracy. Aim the grenade launcher with the mouse, fire it a few times to see how far the grenade flies and check for the margin of error induced by the spread, then add the perk using the console command Player.addperk 14609c 1 and then fire the weapon a few more times to see if there's a significant increase in range. A secluded area of Nellis Air Force Base would be ideal for this testing. --Kris 16:02, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
I wish I could test this but I have the Xbox version, which severely limits the ease of contributing these sorts of things to the wiki. Anyone else wish to pick up the torch? I will eventually if no one else does.22.214.171.124 04:40, December 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I take that back. I'd forgotten I was in Nellis on my current playthrough AND close to an even level. This perk DEFINITELY affects grenade launchers, rifles, and the grenade machine-gun on the current patch of the Xbox version.
- The test: I stood next to the nearest Howitzer to the east of the hangars and aimed at the top of the control tower. Without the perk, the grenade launcher didn't even launch a grenade halfway across the runway, the machine-gun got about to the middle of the runway, and Thump-Thump hit just above the middle of the hangar the I was facing.
- WITH the perk, the grenade launcher hit the middle of the runway, the machine-gun hit the ground immediately before the hangar I was facing, and Thump-Thump hit the control tower just below the base of the control room on top. The difference was so obvious, I only needed to test each weapon once. No scrutiny required. I did not, however, try the Fat Man or Missile Launcher. 126.96.36.199 06:00, December 14, 2010 (UTC)
Loose Cannon[edit source]
Is it calculated like Heavy Handed, whereas range is reduced by 25% and then the modified number gains +50%? Mictlantecuhtli 12:45, February 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I checked the GECK as well as ingame; it doesn't apply any penalty like Heavy Handed does, just the velocity increase. Thus, anything that's thrown or fires a 'solid' projectile (grenades, missiles, rockets, etc.) will benefit from this. Also, the article says it has no effect in VATS, which isn't entirely true. It won't increase your max range in VATS, which is fixed, nor will it lower AP costs, but thrown/fired projectiles will still travel faster. -- Anonymous