This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Holdout weapons".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
is it just me ho think is is unrealistisk that you can have more than 99999999999999 milions swich blades whithout even were eneything else than underwere on (i dont have 99999999999999 milions swichblades just for notis so no stupid responses) —Preceding comment by 184.108.40.206. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Indeed. I speak English, not whatever that is. Kastera1000 22:25, December 7, 2010 (UTC)
Maybe too much "kool aid"?--Fallout Junkie 22:39, December 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Complete misuse of the saying "too much cool-aid" right here. YuriKaslov 20:31, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Rejoice! A translator has arrived! Albeit quite late...
- Translated text:"Is it just me who thinks that it is unrealistic that more than 10 switchblades without even wearing anything else than underwear on?"
- In conclusion, yes, it's just you, because unlike you, we don't bother bringing '99999999999999 [sic] millions' switchblades into casinos, nor do we spend our time pondering such needless questions with such obvious answers. --Bottletopman 10:00, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
What's the point?[edit source]
Why would anyone ever choose the option to turn in all their weapons including holdouts? Is there something I'm missing? Do players ever get caught with them, and then they get confiscated or something? I know there is no karma loss for sneaking them in, maybe there should be?--Morty343 04:02, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I think the option exists so you can get through security without having any holdout weapons actually on you. Nitty Tok. 04:06, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
Honestly i've only ever brought in hold out weapons to fight benny, when i do my explosives only run i plan on simply getting my weapons back from the cashier place.
Companions and improved holdout[edit source]
Do any of the companions have the capacity to carry in enhanced holdout?
slience weapon[edit source]
Should we make a table includ all slienced gun(Vvardenfell 13:43, April 5, 2011 (UTC))
- I would say no. We shouldn't make a table specifically for "slienced" weapons. If the player cares so much about which weapons are "slienced", they would just look in the table so something that has silenced in the name. Best regards, Kastera (talk) 20:25, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
I bought the silenced 22 from mister holdout. The game still said i need a sneak level of 50 to keep ANY holdout weapon.
Vizeninja 22:09, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Where exactly did it say that? I know that Ultra Luxe has an upfront skill check in addition to the default holdout list skill check, so that mighta gummed things up. Nitty Tok. 22:33, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
Old World Blues Improved Holdout Weapons[edit source]
Apparently, the following list of weapons are Improved Holdout Weapons, according to NVDLC03MQ00SCRIPT (They will have to be verified, of course.):
; ------------------------------------- Improved Holdout Weapons ------------------------------------- \/ AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapGlovesCorrosive; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapGlovesDrKleinL; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapGlovesDrMobiusL; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapGlovesScientist; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapGlovesSterilizer; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapSaturniteFist; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapSaturniteFistHeat; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapSonicGunGabrielsBark; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapSonicGunOperaSinger; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapSonicGunRevelation; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapSonicGunRoboScorpion; AddFormToFormList NVImprovedHoldoutWeapons NVDLC03WeapSonicGunTarantula;
companion weapons not returned?[edit source]
It seems that if you have a companion carry a non-holdout, non-companion weapon into a casino, the weapon will not be returned when you leave. This may not apply to weapons they have equipped, I've only seen it happen with weapons that are just in the companion's inventory, but not being used. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it's intended behavior. If it's a bug, I would think it warrants mention somewhere on this site, but I'm not sure what page would be appropriate. Should the holdout weapons page include a bug that only affects non-holdout weapons? 220.127.116.11 23:28, August 31, 2011 (UTC)