This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Jabsco".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
I was pretty surprised to read that Jabsco is supposed to be hard to kill. 3 shots to the head from Ol' Painless in VATS was all it took to knock him down for me, though I do have both Better Criticals and Commando. One shot was a sneak critical and the other two normal hits. I'm not sure how much damage the sneak critical did, but regardless, he didn't seem all that tough--certainly easier than his Mr Gutsy buddy. 18.104.22.168 05:05, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Try playing on very hard if it was that easy.
Yeh one The Terrible Shotgun Headshot and....Hes dead Lolz--The Sixth Dog 08:40, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
I was also surprised to read that he was supposed to be difficult. I just killed him yesterday, and I never even laid eyes on him. There is a turret control console right outside his room. I hacked it and cleared the targeting info without even knowing that Jabsco was in the next room... or even knowing that he existed, for that matter. I just heard some turret fire, then it stopped, and then I disabled the turrets and went in. "Hey, look, this corpse has a different kind of armor. Huh." He had a special key on his body, but no unique knife. I'm sure it's there somewhere... I might go back and look around for it, but probably not. (Energy weapons / science-geek character) But seriously, difficult? I just hacked a terminal and the great, fearsome leader of the mercs got his head blown off by his own turret. There was a Mr. Gutsy in the room, but it never got activated. Sad times! :) 22.214.171.124 09:40, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
Is He REALLY the Talon Company Leader?
What evidence do we have to support this? He's definetly a high ranking leader, but I haven't found any notes or terminals to support the notion of him being the top dog of Talon Co. Given how little we know about the mercs, they may even have a presence in other areas on the East Coast besides the Capital Wasteland. (Ronto, anyone?) So, I strongly disagree with the idea that he is the LEADER of Talon Company. Maybe a regional commander or something, but not the de facto leader of all the mercs. (Maybe just the CW) TunnelSnake 21:02, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with this, i really doubt he is the leader of T.C unless we get dev conformation that needs to be changed to speculation.--OfficerBlue 02:43, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
He's the only Talon character with the title of Commander and there's no indication there are other Talon groups operating outside the Capital Wasteland. That Furry Bastard 06:43, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
To be fair, there's no in-game indictation that he is their leader, either. TunnelSnake 22:19, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, apart from the title of COMMANDER. That Furry Bastard 12:22, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
So does mean that Smiling Jack is the leader of the raiders? I mean by your logic, he's a unique named NPC, so he MUST be the leader. On an unrelated note, perhaps we'll see more of the Talon folks in future DLC...126.96.36.199 20:19, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- The Raiders have no REAL leader. Rocksalt could be in charge of the raider group in Tepid Sewers but that's about it. User:Riond55 29:24 22 July, 2010
- I've also checked the GECK and the script attached to Jabsco is, quote, TalonCompanyHead, unquote. End of discussion. That Furry Bastard 20:54, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Using the GECK, a technical resource for the game's programming, rather than plot/setting background isn't really the final indicator if he's THE leader of Talon Company. In a military group, the Commander doesn't have to be the only one; there can be more than one Commander.
- Are you an idiot incapable of putting two and two together? http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/thumb/5/5c/Scribe.jpg/15px-Scribe.jpg Tagaziel (call!) 23:06, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
What do you mean?--Doop. 06:24, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- The issue with the conversation, as far as I can tell, isn't whether being a named NPC gives him the honor of being the leader of the Talon Company, but whether there is any question of a larger infrastructure/rank structure in Talon Company. Being that we have no bloody idea if there is, and I highly doubt we'll see any more of the Talon Company, I'll follow through with Occam's Razor: as far as the conversation should be concerned, he is the leader. Not like it means a lick of difference if you kill him or not, Talon Co. is still in operation with or without him. Penguindeskjob 06:35, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
I suppose. I guess it just seems like the game handled Talon Company really sloppily. I mean, REALLY sloppily.
Where's the Razor?
I thought I'd be all sneaky-like, so I killed off just about all of the thugs with sneak-attacks with my regular ol' Combat Knife. I knew that Jabsco wouldn't kick the bucket so easily, and would likely ruin my stealthy approach, so I pulled a Shady Sands Shuffle with a plasma grenade. Lo and behold, when I searched his body, Occam's Razor was nowhere to be found! Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is it because I was stealthy? Or the Combat Knife I had with me? 188.8.131.52 18:12, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
It could be down the stairs in that same room on the control panel. That's where I found mine.--ASL93ratjar 22:35, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
Forgive my ignorance, but what's a Shady Sands Shuffle?--Gperson2 22:40, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
It's a joke from the Daring Dashwood radio show. It's when you pickpocket a grenade onto someone, and....you get the idea, right? TunnelSnake 22:42, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
Ok I got it. I've never actually listened to the in-game radio, so I was a wee bit in the dark there. Thanks.--Gperson2 22:57, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- I never found it; I reloaded, left, and came back after a few levels and killed him with a non-stealthy Gatling Laser. He had it then. (I was the anon way back then, thought I'd bring a little closure.) Nitty Tok. 00:28, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Talon attacks don't stop?
Are we sure about this? After I eliminated Commander Jabsco, I have only been attacked by two Talon groups after 80+ hours of playing the game. Wanderer Lao 16:59, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
Broken Steel Encounter
If I already killed the commander before the activation of Broken Steel, is there a way to resurrect him and allow the encounter to occur? --Darkus37 00:36, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
Good question, but I wonder if I kill Commander Jabsco before Broken Steel/Take it back! -- Can I still complete the quest? -- viktor
- You can always try and destroy his missile launcher through V.A.T.S. to help take the edge off the fight. Or you can take out the turrets and robots in V.A.T.S. and then get close enough to him so he takes out Occam's Razor, at which point he tends to flee after taking a few hits.
- If you just want to end it quickly, the Fat Man is a good choice. If you're feeling particularly sneaky (a Stealth Boy helps), you can drop a live grenade in his pocket, which will take him out in one blast.
- If you hack the terminal just inside the entrance to the room you can change the targeting parameters on the turret. Doing so you could easily kill him without ever firing a bullet of your own, but then you MUST shoot his corpse or the Occam's Razor wouldn't appear on him.
- Be advised that fighting the commander will likely cause up to 3 Talon Company Mercs to spawn behind you and rush in to save the commander.
can we get a new picture? the background looks like it was photoshoped, and badly.
So, he's leader of Talon Company, arguably the most evil, or at least annoying, faction in the game, and he doesn't drop a finger? --Wierdperson31 23:39, September 28, 2010 (UTC)