This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Jay Barnes".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Can anyone with the WW perk confirm who shows up? Because I've never used it and Jay Barnes is always there for me. +DannyShotgun 15:04, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- The article already lists that information. --Kris 16:12, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, it looks like someone changed that to say "without" the trait. I've fixed it. --Kris 16:13, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
Jay Barnes and Crusoe
Ok, after a little discussion with some other editors, I decided to investigate this issue in the GECK.
- Jay Barnes and Crusoe are placed into the game world in identical locations.
- They both have the same "enable parent" which is what is used to enable and disable them based on perks. This enable parent is an invisible item known as an X-Marker and is used by a variety of things.
- Crusoe is set to be the opposite of the enable parent - when it's enabled, he's disabled and vice-versa.
- By default, this x-marker is enabled. A dialogue topic with Mortimer as part of the Beyond the Beef quest will disable it. This seems to imply that Jay Barnes can be found by players with the Wild Wasteland trait so long as they don't talk about a certain topic with Mortimer.
That pretty much sums it up. --Kris 18:55, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Anyone know what the talk track is? +DannyShotgun 19:08, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- You mean the dialogue option? It's "Actually, I just need to speak with him." --Kris 21:45, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
Dear, my love...