This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Jingwei".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Is this guy the toughest NPC in game ? because, at least for me, he was harder to kill than a deathclaw or a behemoth.
- His HP depend on your level. If you are level 20, he has ~1245 HP, more than a Deathclaw (500) but less than a Behemoth (2000). However, that does not take the 31% damage reduction from his armor into account. // Porter21 U | T 17:45, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if that's accurate. I pumped 24 sniper bullets into him after crippling his head with around 100 handgun bullets, and then went back to pumping him full of handgun when I was done. I was out of ammo about when he was missing two ticks of life from each side. Granted, I was playing on very hard. Lawlimnator 00:32, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
that really depends on the type of character you have. it could go from everything from the perks you choose to the gender you pick( since if you pick female you can do extra damage to males if you pick the perk.) so it may not be a BIG difference but there is some.i just persuaded him .--That70sdude 02:25, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
Unless you absolutely refuse to use VATS it's simple to destroy his weapon in VATS, cripple his legs with land mines and then toy with him at your leisure. Sure he still has a zillion hitpoints, but he can't do any damage to anyone.
I fought him blade-to-blade with my Trench Knife. I got this totally awesome image in my head, of my Combat Armourised character taking on the big general in honorable combat. I did beat him, though, since I managed to cripple his torso and keep him staggering with my fast strikes. PlasmaFox 23:49, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- That's what I was going to do, but on VH it was very tough. So instead I emptied all of my guns into him and laid some traps, then finished him with the knife. It really didn't help that some of my own guys where shooting me in the back during the fight!--22.214.171.124 20:58, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Is it possible that he has another weapon besides his sword? I shot it out of his hand, then a Power Armor guy picked it up and started using it. He pulled out what looked like a Lead Pipe and kept attacking me. --126.96.36.199 07:51, 21 May 2009 (UTC) He can pick up the Super Sledges and Chinese Officer Swords the other soldiers may drop during the fight.--188.8.131.52 09:16, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
Is there an additem code for his hat? It's awesome-looking. 184.108.40.206 02:19, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
I've hit his sword at least 20 times with a Gauss Rifle. How hits does it take?
All I had to do was get a critical hit on the sword to knock it out his hands.
HELP!!! I've reloaded a save to do the Gary glitch with the shock sword, and the good general didn't spawn. I tried again and again, turning my PS3 on and off and he doesn't seem to arrive or kill the American dude! I therefore can't complete the simulation and I get stuck. As far as I'm aware this has only occurred to me and I don't know how to fix it other than do the sim again. Any ideas?
It is strange that General Jingwei - a Chinese officer- would choose to commit ritual suicide in the Japanese fashion; i.e. seppuku. The Chinese never practiced this custom. Maybe Bethesda got a little overenthusiastic about making a neat ending and didn't pause to get their facts straight. Or perhaps it was a faux pas of Virtual Strategic Solutions Inc. when they created the simulation.
- Or maybe he just commited suicide like many people would (regardless of ethnicity) if they were about to be captured and abused/treated like shit for the rest of their lives.--Grandmaster Chen 19:29, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
- For that matter, what the devil is he doing with a sword? Since when did the People's Liberation Army issue anyone with swords? I think whoever put the Chinese officer's swords in the game couldn't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese. Wunengzi 07:22, March 10, 2011 (UTC)
Well If you read the terminal in the the room with, whatever the outcast guys name is that your supposed to talk to, some techs clearly state that "There is no way that some of this stuff could have happened". So you know it was all done on chase's idea. Chase right?
The problem is we still find Chinese swords in the wasteland, and jingwei's sword it the armory for that matter, so it can't be Chase distorting events.
It's just an officer's sword. Many militaries around the world have them as part of an officers' dress uniform, and it's not entirely unreasonable to imagine that alternate PLA was different from ours. So, they issued PLA officers with swords. If Jingwei has a special electrified one that was found on his corpse, no doubt Chase would put it in as his weapon of choice.
im not sure if this happened to anyone else, but when i used the cc to spawn him outside of megaton, i couldn't move or access the pip until he died. then, after i left the cell and came back, the effects came back and didnt end! is ther any way to solve this?
- Upon spawning the General in Megaton the game went into a cutscene form as if you were playing the last mission of Operation Anchorage. The Generals apperance disable all movement. Console command "Kill" will kill the General, complete the quest Operation Achroage even if you are not in the simulation and will tell you to report to General Chase
Jingwei will not talk
Had this stange glitch where the General would kill the captured soldier then everyone would attack but he wouldn't say anything and I'd be stuck in suspended animation 5 feet above the ground. Repeatedly loading saves did not do anything, however quitting the game and reloading did.
This happened after failing the speech check and eventually being killed by the t-51b's.220.127.116.11 22:53, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
Jingwei's name may
How many possibilities for his name do we need? If there's that many possibilities, then it's likely none of them are the right one, and they all should probably be removed. Kris (talk) 12:42, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
How the hell is he level 300.--oops sorry didn't mean to blow your face off, Candc4 15:26, September 9, 2011 (UTC)