This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Kodiak".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Wow so those two guys you fight in the hole could be his family. interesting to see how he would react if you told him about those two.
- I never made the connection until now, but all things considered it's rather likely that they're related. They may not have lived in The Pitt during The Scourge, otherwise they would likely have been either killed or rescued along with Greg, depending on their age at the time. Kris (talk) 23:00, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
Kodiak bear[edit source]
Alright, I already edited so that this gem was removed, but I need to ask a question about this line: "Hypothetically he would have been allocated the name Kodiak as a reference to the kodiak bear, a large species of brown bear that lives in Alaska." Who wrote this?--Kajex Firedrake 04:14, 6 April 2009 (UTC)(My bad, forgot sig)
Is there any special dialogue from him if you went to the Pitt before meeting him? Because I did the opposite (Going to the Pitt after meeting him) And I was able to bring up an option saying something along the lines of "I heard of the Pitt from a guy in the brotherhood". I don't remember who I said it to, But i'm positive it was someone inside the Pitt. He also gave me info on the BoS's raid on the Pitt. So I'm wondering if there's anything special Kodiak says. Tzaro the Outcast 03:43, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
- UPDATE: Tried for myself, There is no special dialogue. But I did find out who gave the detail. If you met with Kodiak beforehand, and talked about the pitt, you can mention hearing about the Pitt from the BoS to Wehrner.
Could Greg's nickname also be a reference to the ice cream bar? I can't find any information about the ice cream bar on the Internet at the moment, although it would make sense if he was named this to make a reference, if the bar was invented around the time period that Fallout 3 is shaped around (I'm thinking 1950's).
- You're thinking Klondike. His name is Kodiak, which is a species of bear.--Gothemasticator 02:30, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Ahh, no wonder why I wasn't getting any results on google :P
Greg Bear is also the name of a Sci-fi author. I've read a two-book series of his which deals with the destruction of Earth by an extraterrestrial race's autonomous planet-killer machines, and the rescue of less than half a million (the number 12,500 sticks in my mind for some reason but I don't know if that's the total or the number per colony ship) by the autonomous machinery of a group of alien races intent on stopping these planet-killer machines and destroying the race that made them. The first book in the series is called The Forge of God.
Since this doesn't relate in any way to the character, I'm gonna put it here on the talk page instead. --Kris mailbox 19:30, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I also came here assuming under trivia it would say his name is a reference to scifi author Greg Bear who has written, among other things, some post-apocalyptic work. It seems a pretty big coincidence if it's not.
..What in the world do you reverse pickpocket onto the Pride members to get them to take off their blasted Pride armor!? I tried fully repaired Hellfire armor and they kept their Pride armor on,...-_-,.....
- Make sure you leave the cell, save, and return; they should put on the Hellfire armor since fully-repaired Hellfire armor is better than fully-repaired T-45d. If you're on the PC, you can get the Groovatron mod which allows you to access any NPC's inventory at will. If you're on one of the consoles, there shouldn't be any situation that would prevent the normal technique from working. --Kris mailbox 23:22, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, I should of mentioned that factor. I play on the Play Station 3 console. Is his armory fully repaired, though? Because I have Fawks Dogmeat and Star Paladin followers, and Star puts the armor on upon it being in her inventory. I'm clueless.
- His armor shouldn't be fully repaired, but even if it is, that shouldn't matter since the Hellfire armor, fully repaired, is better than any other power armor aside from the T-51b. OH I neglected one crucial bit of info. Leave the cell, save, exit the game, start it up again, load the save and then re-enter the cell that he's in and he should have the Hellfire armor on. --Kris mailbox 23:44, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
Wow, thanks. His pride armory was in his inventory. Thanks a tun dude.