We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Lever-action shotgun".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
You know, I think it would have helped the balance of the game to give the lever-action shotgun some mods, or a unique version - increases in damage, DPS, accuracy, etc - because then, with the cowboy perk, the lever action shotgun would be superior to the hunting shotgun, but without the perk it would be inferior, etc. This is for two reasons. 1, the 12 gauge shotguns are infinitely superior, no matter what you do, to the 20 gauge shotguns, and 2, because the LAS just looks silly without a stock when other lever-actions look like this. http://huntingexperienceforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/image/lever%20action%20shotgun(1).jpg
But lamenting what WASN'T done is fruitless. I hope in one of the upcoming DLC they add mods for weapons that already exist and not just new ones. (Woops, forgot to sign)--FAR-02C 17:20, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
I agree, they need to do more with the 20 gauge weapons. Not so much a stock for the Lever-Action, but maybe a lengthened loading tube and/or improved action, and things like a sawed-off barrel for the Single Shotgun for more damage, maybe an automatic extractor for increased reload times, and then maybe chromed barrels for the Caravan Shotgun for increased durability. And I do agree, unique variants would be awesome.
Due to the fact this shotgun is from Terminator 2,it would be nice if we got a mod that allowed us to hold the shotgun with one hand and "Flip-Cock" it,such as an aluminum receiver,and because it is lighter,it should be classified as a holdout weapon just my .02 Elite 20:01, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Where exactly do you get that a standard lever action shotgun with a pistol grip is from T2? That's like saying if there was a Harley in this game that it came from T2 as well.--Kingclyde 22:34, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
The Lever Action Shotgun is based off a real Winchester Model 1887 shotgun.it is easily identifiable from T2 due to the metal plate on the sawed off buttstock,that was put on there for better handling during flip cocking.and the only and first movie that used such a weapon was Terminator 2 Elite 23:12, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- So you have it that a developer said "Yeah this is based on the shotgun from T2 and not my buddies shotgun." Just because it was shown in one movie does not make it from that move. And no one in their right mind would "flip cock" anything. If they do, they need not handle firearms.--Kingclyde 23:15, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- The two shotguns used in T2 were 10 gauge shotguns (and there was a third rubber prop), and the one they used for flipcocking had it's lever expanded into a ring shape. But yes, aside from the exhibition shooting competitions, flipcocking is highly discouraged and much more likely to cause a jam. 01:43, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- The first thing I thought when I got ahold of one of these was 'holy crap, they put the shotgun from Terminator 2 in the game'. The metal grip on the stock is distinctive and pretty much gives it away, if not the fact that that film was more or less responsible for popularising the Winchester 1887 anyway. ;-) I'd happily use a flip-cock animation mod for this thing if it existed, it'd be fun to watch. (Though it oughtn't ever be a holdout weapon. Unless you hide it in a box of roses.) Paragost 16:06, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
You don't need to hate on me for the idea.its a game,and if a real life human is strong enough to spin one,why can't someone in a video game?.it was just an idea.however,i do agree it would be very difficult to easily spin-cock a shotgun,due to the wight and obscene recoil.now a Volcanic Pistol on the other hand...well that's a discussion for the next DLC,not here.Elite 05:07, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Apparently I hit a nerve. I was not hating on you, I'm just a responsible gun owner that's all.--Kingclyde 07:40, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
I didn't mean to get all hissy,i just thought it would be cool to have a unique version of the Lever Action Shotgun that would be spun every time it is shot,im a Terminator fan,and have a Terminator-Style character on New Vegas.so you can have the normal one operate normally,and a unique version that is held with two hands then spun with one hand after each shot.Elite 18:58, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm don't mean to nitpick, but 1) Terminator is a movie, so it's really "real life" and 2) the Terminator is anything but a real human, he's a cyborg. --Kastera (talk) 19:06, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
what i mean by real life,is that if Arnold Schwarzenegger can spin a shotgun,why can't someone in a video game?,im not in the mood to start a flamewar,im just stating my opinionElite 22:51, August 2, 2011 (UTC) ~~