This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Mister Sandman".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
If you're evil or have the unpatched PC version (which lets you kill rivet city security guards without karma penalty for an infinite XP gain) this is a fun perk. Otherwise what's the point?-Accountless Avenger
Using Mister Sandman kills doesn't get me any Ears for the contract killer perk. I pretty much wasted an entire character to find this out. Update: It seems there will be an ear if you're detected during the kill instead of hidden. Kind of defeats the point. Pafema 13:26, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
For some reason when I killed Agatha on my second character with Mister Sandman, I didn't get a karma penalty for it. Isn't she a "good" NPC? DeathByWaffle 23:42, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
This is of course a reference to the metallica song "enter the sandman".
Tuck you in, warm within Keep you free from sin Till the sandman he comes
Sleep with one eye open Gripping your pillow tight
Aceofspades1217 20:39, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- Um, call me crazy, but instead of being a reference to a Metallica song about the sandman, don't you think the perk is a reference to Mr. Sandman? The guy wasn't invented in a song you know. He's been depicted in several different ways, originally as someone who brings children pleasant dreams, but later on (and this depiction has stuck) as a person who kills people in their sleep. --Clean Up 19:15, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
The song is entitled Enter Sandman, not Enter The Sandman. And while it is possible, it could just be a play off of the sandman, who is supposed to visit people in the middle of the night. DeathByWaffle 04:29, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
Lol I love the ID for this perk.
Edited out of the article
"I have also experienced my character levitating over the character and no knife animation. I also have recieved bad karma for each kill."
I have removed this from the article, as it was deemed first person, and some comments were not notable.
What is the use of this perk if it cannot be combined with Contract Killer and/or Lawbringer? 184.108.40.206 16:49, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know about you, but managing to talk your way out of a fight in Andale and later killing the parents in their sleep is mildly satisfying.
- Unlimited XP and combat armor from respawning Rivet City guards, great for keeping Ranger Battle Armor in tip-top shape. 220.127.116.11 14:00, September 19, 2009 (UTC)
Anyone experience crashing when using this perk? I've had crashes happen when moving in for a kill (bumped the body) and after the kill (tried to move the looted corpse off of the bed). Is it just me or is everyone getting something like this? I'm using the 1.4 patch. 18.104.22.168 20:03, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
Anyone else having the problem when you murder someone and they get up and walk away before death... EVERY DAMN TIME?!?! TheLastNinJew 02:41, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Anyone else notice the tranquiluty lane music when you use this perk. Could be a reference to Half Pint slasher?
Actually it's just meant for humor
Should i get it?
should i get this perk as a novelty perk at lvl 29 or would i be better off just using a silenced pistol and balancing the karma by donating to saint monica's like i do now. (caps are no issue as i have plenty now and a sell-able weapons supply at home) (Maverick21 22:32, 20 July 2009 (UTC))
I have a personal love for this perk, it is satisfying to craftily slit the throat of a character who's being a prick, and then have nobody notice. It also guarantees a kill, unlike the pistol, although to be fair you probably get one-hit kills anyway. Novelty perk? Ideal usage, I'd say get it. 5chiz0
Mini Flying Blackhole Ragdoll Glitch Thing
I had just downloaded The Pitt DLC for Xbox and had recently received the Chinese Stealth Suit from Operation: Anchorage and wiped out all but one of the slavers (One was keeping watch) in their sleep with Mister Sandman. However, after killing one of the generic slavers his body suddenly started spinning around one point and his ragdoll started to stretch to about 150% of his starting length. The size change lasted a couple seconds before becoming just what looked like a black ball of scribbles and flying off across the wasteland. Also when I looked around after he flew off, I looked around to find that most of the bodies lying around were gone (including the body of the dead slave in the pen). None of the suriviving people were unaccounted for and none of the loose junk was gone (though the flying corpse knocked everything off of the picnic tables upon its departure to god knows where.) Has anyone had anything remotely like this happen to them before? --Mandalore IV 07:30, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yup. It's not a sandman thing, or even a Fallout-3-only thing: it's a ragdoll thing found in several engines. I suspect that what happens is the individual parts of dead ragdolls get crazy velocities due to spawning around terrain or other objects, and end up flailing wildly (aka "break-dancing corpses"), being thrown great distances, or even flying into the sky and flapping about up there.
- I'm glad it's not just me who's seen that happen! It's at its most entertaining when you see them stretched out several times their original length, like some sort of manic, gory spaghetti. --Vometia 11:55, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
CSA can give you away!
Something strange happens to me every time I try to use this perk with the Chinese Stealth Armour on the PC (all 5 DLCs installed). If I try killing someone silently without it on, the animation plays through fine, without any trouble. But If I'm crouched and in 'stealth' wearing the CSA, once I begin the murder sequence, as I stand to slash the throat, the CSA stealth field deactivates and the NPC I'm trying to kill spots me, stands up and fires, but when the Sandman animation finishes, the person drops down dead as if I had succeeded, giving me the XP and killing the NPC but alerting everyone else to my presence. I've tried this at Rivet City, Craterside Supplies (killed Moira and the merc got angry) and at a fair few raider spots. So if you're gonna Sandman someone, take off your CSA first. Feel free to reply if this DOESN'T happen to you! (It might be a good idea to add this to the main article page if this happens to everyone as it does make a significant difference to a stealthy player.)
--GunClap 18:15, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
- This can be fixed by editing the stealth armor's object effect to trigger the stealth field by changing the conditions to "GetSandman == 1 OR IsSneaking == 1".Pyrion 04:52, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
i was just wondering if i have a stealth boy active when i level up while it say that my sneak skill is high enough to acquire this perk?--22.214.171.124 18:34, January 11, 2010 (UTC)
No, it won't, any items that raise your stats temporarily don't apply to your stats when you level up.Exeter17 11:35, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
Can I Kill...?
I went into the Lucky 38 AntiChamber where Mr. House is, and found him sealed in that stasis pod. I was wondering if someone could use the Mister Sandman perk on Mr. House either when he is in or out of the stasis pod.RiftJargon 13:16, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
When do people sleep,
I want to know simply estimates of when people sleep, this includes both fallout 3 and new vegas. Its quite annoying waiting till they sleep to find out youve waited a week eventually.