Talk:Mobile base crawler
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Mobile base crawler".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Getting back into the base crawler after destroying the Citadel
- 2 Evil Gnome
- 3 NASA Crawler Transporter
- 4 Power Source?
- 5 Unique loot
- 6 Gnome bowling
- 7 Intestine gag
- 8 Getting back in
- 9 Do the Enclave respawn here if you leave without finishing the mission?
- 10 Friendly enclave soldier
- 11 Aww, but I just re-built the damn thing (Liberty Prime)
- 12 Mr Crowley
Getting back into the base crawler after destroying the Citadel
After destorying the Citadel with the orbital strike, I returned to the base only to find the door and ramp that are used to access it have gone and only the extior wall of the Base to be seen. If there is any way to go back inside (Xbox 360) please reply. Long Live the Enclave! Locklear 86 23:32, 7th May, 2009
Your game may be glitching because the door was still there and I was able to go back inside. Are you sure the door is missing? - 188.8.131.52 00:11, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
So you can get back in if you didn't destroy it? That's a relief. I'm nuked the EMP on my first play of BS, but I plan on going Evil next game and hitting the Citadel.
- As far as I know you're not supposed to be able to get back inside the base crawler whether you nuke it or not. Deadlykris 00:33, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
Has anybody found the evil Gnome in a toilet stall? The stall is full of blood and body parts. The Gnome's right arm is missing and has been replaced with a deathclaw hand. Evil Gnome of death. Fat Man Spoon 18:38, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- I found it, too. Crazy. I saw on subtitles after I dragged it and caused the hand to drop that someone said "I'm getting angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry". There didn't seem to be any soldiers around, though, but it could have been one I missed, if not the easter egg. Jwguy 06:48, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thats what the Mr gutsy compainion says alot. Did you have him with you? JASPER42 19:02, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
NASA Crawler Transporter
This is just a large version of NASA's Crawler Transporter, if you look at a picture (see ) there is a ramp that gets lowered, the treads are the same, etc, or it is the mobile launch platform, which would make sense because its the proper size.
It says it might have been used in the old war as a operations center, but it might have just been a shuttle launcher, which the enclave converted for their own uses. Jayross 02:38, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
I don't think it was a shuttle launcher, since there is no launch framework at the AFB, and the enclave probably couldn't have built all the stuff on top, which would have made putting a shuttle on it impossible. -DragonJTSLeave me a message 02:41, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- Chances are, its not from the Andrews AFB. Hmmm, who thinks it might be from the original West Coast? ;] That Furry Bastard 07:21, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Could be I suppose, the Enclave have so many resources that nobody knows about, I mean over the course of Fallout 3 just how many Vertibirds do they have? Can't imagine that the speed would be high though and it would needs lots of fuel. Mind you they never seem short of fuel for the Vertibirds. User:Locklear 86 12:19 9th May 2009 (UTC)
- Well why would the Enclave keep the rocket launch towers on it? they would be of no use for then. Also remember that Vandenberg Air Force Base is located in California and is responsible for satellite launches for military and commercial organizations (along with other space related stuff). They could have very well got it from there and alter it.184.108.40.206 03:21, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Vandenberg's role could have been augmented by other bases by the time the bombs fell in 2077 as tensions rose. Van Buren's design doc talked about the Bloomfield Space Center and although it's not considered canon because the game never took off, it does imply that similar changes could have occurred elsewhere. It's entirely possible that as the conflict escalated against China, military bases had their capabilities expanded and the crawler was added at Andrews to help launch military satellites by the USSA. The question that I had for myself, though, was why Andrews was spared a direct hit from a nuke given what it was. Lucky? Plisskin 02:43, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
I still think that at some point this was used not as a mobile base, but to launch shuttles, I am sure it was modified later to be used as a command HQ.
OR it might have borrowed the technology from NASA, and modified it to act as a mobile base. Jayross 21:26, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
A word to Bethesda: if you put wheels or tracks on it, we gotta see it move. At least a little bit. After Liberty Prime this would have been easy.
I didn't get to explore it that much, but has anyone found any type of engine room, or power source? I am wondering what the enclave used to get it there, there must be some type of nuclear reactor or some type of advanced power-source. Jayross 21:26, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- As with many parts of the game, the area of the structure is supposed to be bigger than we can explore. Take Vault 101, for example. There's supposedly 1,000 people in there.Coodude26 02:54, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- probably a fusion reactor, like a giant power armor power source Infamous Andrew 05:22, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
Is it just me or this location the most short lived unique item place?Not to mention the amount of power armors,incinerators and plasma rifles you can obtain,i had to use console commands to pick 'em all up Werewolfhell 12:27, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
Has anyone found this little easter egg? It is on the second floor of the mobile base crawler and in the room marked "STORAGE". In the same room is a large red engine block. Under the table it rests on, there is a gnome, a 5 ball, and 10 (MINIATURE) milk bottles. I'm not sure if the gnome is smaller than the normal ones, but I'm guessing it is due to the height of the tabletop. Enjoy the mini milk!--220.127.116.11 23:46, 26 May 2009 (UTC)Zyan
yeah. looks funny but it's a bit hard to find if u dont know it's there. BTW in the same room there are 17 fully repaired lead pipes and 13 fully repaired combat knifes. u can get a small fortune for selling them.the pipes are in the middle of the room on the floor in a box, and the knives are in the SW corner of the room.
Two references to the intestine thing, both trying to be funny? Seems unneeded. Atomic645 16:12, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
Getting back in
Would it be possible to get back in by building a staircase of 5mm rounds?? I'm afraid to try this because it would take a while and there might be some sort of invisible barrier. --FO3DLC 16:02, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- It seems plausible. I may try that. Deadlykris 00:33, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
Do the Enclave respawn here if you leave without finishing the mission?
if not can the crawler be used as nonownable housing? that would be epic. Raymorn 08:56, February 5, 2010 (UTC)
I may be wrong, but I think you have to finish the mission in order to leave the base.--Readerrw07 23:17, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
Friendly enclave soldier
Is it only for me? On the roof of the Mobile Base Crawler there is always (PC-Version, different Patches) a friendly enclave soldier carrying a missle launcher. I can even talk to him, also he has nothing to say. (Rubberduck).
Aww, but I just re-built the damn thing (Liberty Prime)
So like, are there any videos out there of the outcome of having targeted the Citadel? May we have links please? 18.104.22.168 23:55, July 7, 2010 (UTC) predcon
I was playing and I got to the mainframe room and I heard a Ghoul voice. I thought: Oh probably an Enclave prisoner (My first time broken Steel) and I came in and Mr. Crowley stood there having killed all the sentry bots. When I talked to him he thanked e for giving him the keys and I could ask him about Underground. Apart from that he just stood there. Has anyone else had this?
P.S.:I play on xbox.--Toen6 18:58, August 6, 2011 (UTC)