This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Modified FEV".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
can you get back the FEV after Owyn Lyons takes it Ozzie 1 16:49, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
Super Mutants[edit source]
If you infect Project Purity with the Modified FEV, will all Super Mutants, Deathclaws, Mirelurks, and Ghouls be gone? If so, will Fawkes die too? FawkesGamer360 20:51, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Try it and find out. --126.96.36.199 22:15, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
- No, because near all enemys will then be gone. As well as alot of NPCs as they are all also effected by the FEV virus.JASPER42
Lone Wanderer Being Harmed By FEV Water[edit source]
Of course, if you complete one of Moira's Wasteland Survival Guide missions' optional tasks, you actually pick up a mutation of your own, so the water is bound to harm you.
Is the water harmful if you don't attain this mutation? 188.8.131.52 16:25, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, because on the Enclave page, it mentions that those who did not either live in a Vault or Enclave dwelling would have been exposed to an airborne strain of FEV, the destruction of which was President Eden's goal. As the Lone Wanderer's background describes that individual as being born in the Jefferson Memorial, the character would have been exposed to the virus due to the year it took for James to get himself and the then infant Wanderer into Vault 101, and/or directly from the parents, as FEV did modify one's DNA, and would probably be inherited.--Xbomber 00:16, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
Getting it out of your inventory?[edit source]
When I escaped Raven Rock, I didn't realize Elder Lyons could take the virus from you. I missed this opportunity. I don't have any of the DLC. So is this thing stuck in my inventory with its 1 WG forever now unless I get the DLC? That's all kinds of crappy if it is. --184.108.40.206 03:03, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
Why dont you put it in a locker or something sure that will work.
"sure that will work" hurr durr.. It's a QUEST ITEM, genius.
There is a HUGE flaw in this plan. Supposedly, only members of the non ruined vaults And the enclave should survive this. The only suriviving vault in the capital wasteland is 101, and the enclave can not have over 1000 members after the Oil Rig destruction. How, exactly, do they plan to repopulate the wasteland with such a limited genepool? 220.127.116.11 02:14, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
- At this point, they (Eden) don't give a shit. In fact, Colonel Autumn is trying to stop Eden. (And you, because you took the FEV.) Nitty Tok. 02:17, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Eden doesn't care about humaity in general, only about PURE humans. It doesn't matter to him if humans die out, he is a computer and has a lack of feelings or ethics, he only resonds to his programing. JASPER42
Negative Karma?[edit source]
for preserving pure, healthy humanity?
so according to the makers of this game, it's OK to kill people who are stuck in a virtual reality, but it's not OK to kill mutants
whatever, I happily inserted the FEV virus :)
18.104.22.168 08:07, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
There's no such thing as "pure" humanity anymore. The vast majority of humanity has been affected (in small amounts, normally) by the persistent background radiation all over the planet. By inserting the FEV, you're dooming the entire population of the wasteland to a grisly death. Even yourself, because yes, you're a mutant too. Genocide gets you negative karma pretty consistently. --LolWutDinosaur
- There are pure humans, vaults are fallout shelters and not everywhere on the planet was irradiated. You're dooming most of the population, not all of it. Mictlantecuhtli 14:15, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
Is Vault 101 really "pure"?[edit source]
We know that the Lone Wanderer is "tainted" because he was born outside the vault at the Jefferson Memorial, so he wasn't born in the vault and that is the reason why he will die if he drinks the modified FEV water. But the thing is, maybe when James moved into the vault he may have carried the virus in with him and now everyone inside the vault might be infected with it. If that's the case then maybe none of them are "pure" anymore. This may also be true with the Enclave depending on if the virus is contagious and how it is spread they may come in contact with it in various ways. For this reason it is possible that there are no such thing as pure humans anymore, and as a result maybe President Eden's plan would result in the entire human race being wiped out.
Since Eden is a robot he probably doesn't care about that, and for all we know he might even want all humans to be wiped out so he robots can take over the world? In any case I wouldn't trust a machine. --22.214.171.124 06:58, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
I also wanted to say that the Overseer's computer had log entries about research expeditions launched outside of the vault, so the vault might have already been long contaminated even before James showed up. We know for a fact the vault was not permanently sealed for 200 years. What we don't know is to what extent it had been exposed to the outside world, but I wouldn't put too much faith in the vault being 100% pure. --126.96.36.199 07:02, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
All of Earth isn't affected, just the american continent and people stupid enough to launch nuclear warheads for nothing. USSR wasn't involved in the war.
--General Kravchenko 11:43, April 17, 2011 (UTC)
^ Um, you DO realize that radiation can be carried through the weather (rain, wind, etc.), right? I know that real-world science doesn't always apply in the Fallout universe, though.
Also, the previous Fallout games make it clear that pretty much the entire world got nuked/destroyed, not just the U.S. and China. ~some guy