Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Moira Brown".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
unconfirmed bugs[edit source]
These need to be confirmed by more than one editor. As they are confirmed please add which platform it was encountered on.
- Sometimes she will get stuck in the Potomac river on her way to Underworld. When talking to her in the river, occasionally her head will spin 360 degrees, mostly when handing you items.
- Sometimes, if you kill Moira before blowing up Megaton, you can find her ghoulified body in front of the entrance to Underworld.
- If you shoot Moira in V.A.T.S with a laser pistol she moves sideways without running but as soon as you exit V.A.T.S she runs as normal.
--Kingclyde 09:53, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
I wrote that last one, and I can confirm it happens if she is behind the counter. Same happened to Jenny Stahl as well, maybe its a glitch that effects all the 'rather good but iv'e seen better looking girls' in Megaton who go behind counters! Anyway I just added it back. The Victorious Phoenix 20:02, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Ooops, forgot to say this glitch, as far as I know, is a 360 only glitch. The Victorious Phoenix 20:07, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Scared possibly or glitch[edit source]
Okay I have been role playing and I decided to arm everyone except random wasters. So I armed Moira with East Coast Standard Issue Combat Armour, an East Coast Superior Sledgehammer and an Older Model of the renowned DKS-501 Sniper Rifle with 100 rounds of 308CR. So she equips the Armour and the Rifle. So then I punch her then she still runs off. Is this a glitch or does she have general low self-esteem? The Victorious Phoenix
- Her aggression is set to "unaggressive" and her confidence to "cowardly", so no, it's not a bug that she flees from combat. -- Porter21 (talk) 11:15, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Is there anyway to change that? Because her mercenary died in (open double-fingers) 'mysterious circumstances' (close double fingers) and so did most of the town, so I wanted her to fight for herself. Plus she'd look kinda hot if she was shooting that Rifle, the armour really fits her figure!! Oh and one more thing, if you blow up the town, will her inventory respawn to the crappy jumpsuit? The Victorious Phoenix
- If you have the PC version, doing so is trivial. Load her up in the GECK and change her aggression and confidence traits. Sangheili1024 07:09, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Aww Man! I'm on the 360! The Victorious Phoenix
- In that case the only thing you can do is mezz her and hope her head doesn't explode. Sangheili1024 22:26, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Aww Man again! I charged through paradise falls with the mezzer and then sold it to her!!!!!! The Victorious Phoenix
I find it impossible to mezz Moira. Everytime I try to use it she either frenzies or her head explodes. I have been playing for 100+ hours and I always try to mezz her but it is impossible. Is she... unmezzable?
- She is not a member of the faction that allows you to mez NPCs; so yes, she's unmezzable. There's 6 factions related to the use of the Mesmetron: MS13CanMez, MS13CantMez, MS13AlwaysMez, MS13CollarFaction, MS13HatePlayerFaction, and MS13MezzedFaction. She's not in any of them. Kris (talk) 18:14, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
Hi! I hope that this information helps! If you're playing the PC version, she can be modified with just a few mods. One mod I have give Moira, Flak, and some others I think, the ability to repair your stuff up to 100%. With the mod that allows you to buy slaves at Paradise Falls and the mod that allows you to Mezz everyone, including Moira,well, if you also have a recruit companion mod that might help here too, but anyway, I ended up one time with one character, owning Moira as a slave with the ability to repair my stuff as I went along up to 100%, and I was able to sell stuff to her and buy it back as needed, thus she makes for a great caddy/squire and whatever those guys who help mountain climbers are called. Oh, and I always give her 1000000 Bottle Caps so that she can afford to buy my stuff. Thus far though, I've not tried the much simpler companion recruitment method yet.
By the way, with my previous character that I just quit playing, but was created after the character who owned Moira, I bought Clover from Eulogy. I saved the lives of Lucas Simms and the guy from Tenpenny Tower, during their confrontation in the bar, by mezzing them both and sending them to Paradise Falls. I later then freed the sheriff and he returned to Megaton and resumed his patrol. My character and Clover exited the Megaton home one day and Lucas Simms confronted her! Since I have the mod that makes all potential companions essential, Clover won that fight! I had gone to the effort of improving the whole town's wardrobe and weaponry, and they sure enough, got involved in the fight too! Clover began killing everyone that attacked her as if she were The Bride from the "KILL BILL" movies! So I tried reloading, and to no avail, the fight always began. So I created my latest character. The point of all of that, is that with Moira as a companion, I never had to worry about her killing people I didn't want killed! Instead, I'd have to look for her in whatever hiding place she chose to hide in, once the combat ended. But I prefer that to Clover killing them all.
I hope that helps! Good luck! Leo Star Dragon 1. 126.96.36.199 02:24, January 29, 2011 (UTC)
Moira Stuck At Megaton Ruins Fix (PC)[edit source]
I've known this for months but never thought to share. Just paste this code into Notepad and save it as moirafix.bat in your Fallout 3 root directory (where Fallout3.exe is). Then in-game open the console and enter "bat moirafix.bat" and she should immediately set off to Underworld. You can check if it worked before she ever gets there by immediately fast traveling to Underworld and looking for her Craterside Supply Inventory upstairs in the back.
setessential 2d3c0 0 prid 2d2bc disable enable kill resurrect rdf set MS03.MoiraGhoul to 2 RemoveScriptPackage 00004157 RemoveScriptPackage 00004155 RemoveScriptPackage 0003E5DB RemoveScriptPackage 00004153 RemoveScriptPackage 00004156 RemoveScriptPackage 0005CFC0 RemoveScriptPackage 0005CFBF RemoveScriptPackage 0005CFBD RemoveScriptPackage 00027F5D AddScriptPackage 0005CFBF setessential 2d3c0 1
The redundancies are to just make sure she's 100% "sanitized" before adding the appropriate script package. I know this is late but I hope it helps! --Plutocracy 17:41, January 1, 2011 (UTC) (logged in this time, left original tag) --188.8.131.52 17:37, January 1, 2011 (UTC)
Is she insane wanting the lone wandrer to hurt, iriaddiate, blow up, kill him/herself cus i think she is --Please Welcome NCR President Andrew Parker 07:22, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
She isn't normal, but I wouldn't go as far as to say she's insane. Just really, really devoted to scientific research. Yes-Man 07:23, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
If she wasn't insane why would she try to get to Lone Wandrer killed acidently and she loves mole rats and feels sorry for them when there heads explode when you hit them with the replent stick. So in my caseeeee... I would love to see her dies in the most painful sort of way --Hello New Californa Rebublic How We Doing 04:28, July 17, 2011 (UTC)
She is just researching like when you get rads she then takes them away, Her character is like Three dog's she makes the player do it so she won't die. If she dies she can't write the book. She is smart not mental.
OK, how about this. What if you crush her spirit? (get the Dream Crusher perk) And then detonate the bomb? What will hapen then?