Talk:Mothership Zeta (DLC)/Archive 2
|This page contains archived information from Talk:Mothership Zeta (DLC). Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
- 1 Untitled
- 2 UK Retail Disc?
- 3 Achievements
- 4 There will be 2 more DLC's
- 5 Colored Achievement Pictures
- 6 Spread it Around
- 7 more than one ship!
- 8 Cryo Mine
- 9 New Pistol
- 10 VATS Disintegrator Screeny (Enclave Uniform)
- 11 Crash Site Map Marker?
- 12 Name confirmations needed
- 13 Exploring the ship
- 14 Aliens / Respawn
- 15 Is this some kind of bug, or am I just stupid?
- 16 Computer in Cargo Bay
- 17 Screenshots
- 18 Save storage
- 19 Alien Ammo?
- 20 I must have missed something...
- 21 Using the Death Ray
- 22 Green Circular Scar on Earth?
- 23 speeches
- 24 Aliens not dissapearing
- 25 Deleting the DLC
- 26 Level suggested
- 27 Side Quest
- 28 Overcoat Bug
- 29 Available on retail now?
- 30 Just throwing it out there...
- 31 Ideas?
- 32 Old stuff
- 33 where can i get this add-on?
- 34 HOW to GET THE ALIEN BLASTER and CELLS without getting transported. XBOX360
- 35 Should this be made canon?
- 36 Safe storage in This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough
- 37 I HAVE A BLUE PIP-BOY AWESOOOME!
- 38 Theme song of the trailer
400 point change
i deleated the part that said the add on dropped to 400 points that is incorrect as it was a deal of the week special for gold members not a regular price drop
UK Retail Disc?
Does anyone know when the retail disc JUST containing Zeta will be released in the UK? I know Amazon.com (US) has it, but when will the UK? --Pratstercs 11:50, September 9, 2009 (UTC)
- No such thing as a retail disc containing just Zeta. For Xbox there is a retail purchase option but it still requires a download. There doesn't appear to be any retail purchase option for PC users which is a shame for anyone who doesn't use GFWL, especially those that already bought both retail add-on packs. Bethesda needs to drop GFWL and also needs to invest more resources into fixing bugs. These "patches" that only add achievements for DLC are so dumb.
- Damn, that sucks. I have a 360, but haven't wasted my money on a massively overpriced wireless adaptor. I HATE MICROSOFT FOR OVERPRICING THEIR THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--Pratstercs 17:53, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
Not of This World 20 Completed "Not of This World" Among the Stars 20 Completed "Among the Stars" This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough… 40 Completed "This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough…" Alien Archivist 20 Collected all Alien Captive Recordings
--22.214.171.124 14:14, 25 July 2009 (UTC) collect all of the recordings before finishing, you cant go back into the rooms from the engine room
There will be 2 more DLC's
- I'd really like to suggest this section be removed from here or moved somewhere else less accessible. This has nothing to do with the misleading subject title, but rather is just pages of nonsensical argumentative/abusive speculation by a whole bunch of people who have no actual knowledge/authority/business to even begin to try and second guess the company who made it all. --126.96.36.199 12:22, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
Colored Achievement Pictures
Someone got them on True Achievements. Just wanted to update you guys with them. Could someone please add them into the article? I'm horrible at this sort of thing.
Not of This World http://tinypic.com/r/14vsqz4/3
Among the Stars http://tinypic.com/r/140g077/3
This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough… http://tinypic.com/r/33dlbpc/3
Alien Archivist http://tinypic.com/r/6s9a9w/3
Source: http://www.trueachievements.com/game.aspx?gamerid=30650&gameid=1811 (All the way at the bottom) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- First time posting, did not know that. Will do from now on. -- 184.108.40.206 16:01, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
Spread it Around
I'd just like to point out that when the article for MZ is updated the canon information needs to be added to other pages for instance:
Items seem to be the only thing that hasn't been updated on other pages as the quests, achievements, and perk have been shared with other pages. So if you have the time, please update one of the item pages. Thank you.--Master of cheeZ 12:36, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
why is there no trailer for mother ship zeta yet and this close to the release date
more than one ship!
there is at least one more ship witch fires at you(mothership zeta) acording to the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4enOSrf-MY8
Not necessarily. Like blowing up Megaton, the view disruption in the trailer may be caused by the cannon being fired while not even in the slightest aiming at you. --Radnus220.127.116.11 14:29, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
It may not even be a second ship, but a disjointed part of the first ship.
There are infact two ships in this game, although you will only ever be on one of them. The second is operated by an enemy at the end of the game. I just completed the campaign.
I don't think anyone has noticed this yet but:
In the MZ Trailer, at 0:56, you see a "Cryo" explosion.
Everyone already knows about the Cryo Grenade, but if you pause it just before the explosion, you see that it's a Mine going off.
I guess they put both, the grenades and mines, back into the game. – The Sixth Child 02:43, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
I'd noticed that the cowboy has a new pistol, or at least an un-scoped .44 Magnum. If anyone thinks we should add this to the page, go ahead. However considering the amount of time left until official add-on release I think it might be safe to wait until the release. Should we? I don't feel like I'm in the position to make that choice.--Master of Cheez
It wouldn't hurt. The cowboy's gun exists, we know that much. If we have a page on Balloons, we can have a page on a new gun. Nitty 01:10, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
I just played through the DLC and finished all the storyline. The cowboy has a unregular scoped .44 Magnum
its called paulsons 44.magnum--Higgins101 03:20, 4 August 2009 (UTC)higgins101
VATS Disintegrator Screeny (Enclave Uniform)
When looking at the screeny showing off a Disintegrator Rifle I couldnt help notice the brown, ribbed and black gloved suit. Only one suit comes to mind: Enclave Officer Uniform. As mentioned before, people from not only Earth's past but also from the Capitol Wasteland have been abducted. Could this suggest that Enclave folks are on board or did the LW in this picture took the uniform with him? --Radnus 18.104.22.168 14:50, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
I think the Wanderer found it. Beth likes to have the Wanderer in either the Armored Vault Suit, or crap he can find in the DLC. Nitty 14:52, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Well, when Point Lookout was coming out, everyone thought that they had used Lincoln's Repeater in the trailer, however it turned out to be a Lever-Action Rifle.--Master of cheeZ 15:24, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Yup. There has to be at least one dead MP on the ship, if only to poke fun at the Feds. Nitty 15:26, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Well there is also a power armor right? Possibly another special variant of power armor, like aliens tinkered with it... Maybe they gonna put special variants of the old clothings of Fallout 3...--BloodOmelet 17:28, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
- I haven't seen a confirmation for any kind of power armor in MZ, just speculation. -- Porter21 (talk) 17:33, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
- I mean in the trailer they showed a Power Armor.... Might be a special variant like Lucky Power armor or something like that, but then I might be mistaken..--BloodOmelet 03:43, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
I can confirm that the Enclave suit can be found on the ship on a dead prisoner. MachienzoPrimos 11:52, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Crash Site Map Marker?
Sry to ask too many questions. Still, this one bothered me for some time. If you wanna return to MZ after completion, will the Crash Site have a map marker added to the map for Fast Travel use? --Radnus22.214.171.124 19:11, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Unless you get some item that can beam you up, I think so Kalalokki 22:17, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
yes but the shipe is gone and there is a pod that brings u back to mz--Higgins101 03:23, 4 August 2009 (UTC)higgins101
Name confirmations needed
Can someone with the English PC version please spawn the following items and give me the exact (i.e. capitalization included) ingame names?
Here, I've spawned them and wrote down the names exactly as they appeared in my game (PC v1.7). xx00AB98 was not found.
- xx003C54 Electro-Suppressor
- xx00A9DD Captain's Sidearm
- xx00A77F Atomic Pulverizer
- xx00A77E Destabilizer
- xx00A77D Drone Cannon Ex-B
- xx00083D Shock Baton
--126.96.36.199 16:33, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
Exploring the ship
Not sure myself but shouldn't someone add whether or not you can access the full ship after dlc completion
No full exploration after the main quest chain is completed. Confirmed (doors become [INACCESSABLE]). This, aside from a very disappointing DLC (Cryo weapons cut from game, not data, no serious weaponry, no power armor (although that wish is subject to debate) and pretty much all items having been reveiled before hand) and an annoying quest marker system (teleporter down but still shows up as "need to go here" on PipBoy) that throws you from one end to the other, next to a just as annoying quest description, makes me believe that MZ was eventually wrapped up too fast. Well, at least I got my alien weapons to use during BS. --Radnus 188.8.131.52 15:58, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
can anyone who has compleated mz, answer these 4 questions
1-is there a new follower? 2-once yer done with the mz dlc can you return to mz? 3-what happens to the other npc when they come back to the capitol wasteland? 4-does three dog mention anything after dlc mz?
To answer: 1-NO 2-Yes, a homing beacon will be placed where the Recon Craft used to be. It can be used to return 3-Not sure when you mean by this. No follower can follow you to MZ, not even after returning. 2 out of 4 escapees will be gone when you return 4-No --Radnus 184.108.40.206 16:41, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Not True! Ifyou get a Dronecontroller you can get 2 of them temporarly.
Aliens / Respawn
Do any of the Aliens, their robots or the Alien Containers aboard Mothership Zeta respawn? -- Sentinel 101 18:26, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- after you complete all the missions you can go back to the steamworks and there will be aliens and drones but am not sure if there r any guardian drones. Also the 3 aliens that you ask Sally to throw a granade at will also respawn and they will be non-hostile 220.127.116.11 11:00, 4 August 2009 (UTC)Sharbtur
- some of the aliens respawn, so yes there should be on a few of there bodies.--Spartanac911 13:11, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- It's hard to tell if aliens respawn. You can't tell one from another, and what may look like respawning may just be more aliens transporting in from other parts of the ship you haven't/can't explore.18.104.22.168 15:43, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
Is this some kind of bug, or am I just stupid?
I may just be dumb but I am totally trapped. I just finished the spacewalk, activated the engine core teleporter and now nothing. I can't go backwards or forwards and the teleporter doesn't work. >.< Help?
- Yes I had the same problem to, simply turn off and on again then do the spacewalk again, that worked for me. It was basically because the activate switch does not work as the teleporter is already activated so when I turned off and on the second time it was deactivated so I could ACTIVATE it this time.
I have loaded before the spacewalk 6 times. If I have to do that one more time my head will explode. And it didn't work.
- Keep trying. This happened to me too. Just reload an auto-save and do the spacewalk again. I gave up the night I did it and the next morning it worked so try reseting the 360. When you press the button to activate the telepoter, the ones still alive that were following you and the little girl will come through.
- I am having a similar issue on my PS3. I have made it all the way to the teleporter to the bridge, and it will not work. It just clicks.
I have tried reloading, I have tried saving on the teleporter, then reloading, and I have tried to go back to a previous save and found the teleporters there (living quarters and the one leading back to to the engineering core) have the same issue now!
Computer in Cargo Bay
There is an accessible terminal (Hard) in the Cargo Bay that has four text logs about a person trying to reveal the truth about Area 51 (speculation). Along with the texts, there is an option to unlock a safe (also mentioned in the last text) which is supposed to hold a "secret item" that the person stole from this "Area 51". The problem is, I can't seem to find the safe anywhere in the Cargo Hold! Has anyone ever encountered this problem, or even seen the computer yet? (I noticed no one else posted anything about this)
just go to the place were all the garbage is being dropped into the hole (in the cargo bay) amongst the pile of trash should be the safe
I don't even know how to get there (to the cargo bay I mean). Help?
- The cargo bay is one of the doors off the Engineering Core.22.214.171.124 15:44, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
Hey guys, I just finished going through Mothership Zeta and posted up some screenshots here: http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/gamer4250/
Feel free to use them in anything.
--126.96.36.199 03:46, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
I have put equiment in container in Engineer Core. Are those containers safe? Can You came back Engineering core after finished whole Mothership Zeta mission? What is best place store equipment?
I think the containers in the living area of the Engineering Core are all safe. I know from using it that the one footlocker near the stairs by the Airlock, right by a table and a window, is a safe storage area. This area is also convenient to get back to once the DLC is done with, and you want to collect your goodies for home storage or bartering.The RPGenius 22:34, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
Just wondering, after the quest DLC is completed is there any way to get more Alien Power Cells? Sorry if its been said but I havent purchased MZ yet. Thanks Guys.
No, the Alien power cells found in the ship(like 180-200 of them) are the only ones in the add-on, and if you missed em, you missed em.
out of curiosity where are they? i got them all on one play through and missed them on the next. Dr. Clayton Forrestor
- [Edited:] The APCs are on shelves in the various rooms around the Engineering core (e.g.: Engine Room, Cargo Room, etc.) and in the Weapons rooms. If you stay in the crouched position, you may miss them because they are usually not on the bottom shelves. Last playthrough, I got over 350. First two playthroughs, I only got about 200 then 250, but I think that I only got those in the Weapons rooms those times, while this time I also got those in the Engineering rooms.
There are not only 180-200 Alien Power Cells. When I finished MZ I had at least 2,500 Alien Power Cells.
- Yeah, Alien Power Cells and Alien Power Modules are not the same thing. Alien power cells are the glowing white test tube like things for the Alien Blaster that you take form the dead alien at the crash site (before you install the MZ DLC, don't think you can take it if you install MZ first). Any who.. Yeah, I found only about 200 alien power cells myself, but in the end, I left with about the same amount I entered with as I was relying on the Alien Blaster a lot. I find it odd that no where on the ship do you find another Alien Blaster and so few power cells. You telling me the dead alien that crashed on Earth was the ONLY one that had such an advanced weapon? And if that's the case, why is does the ship have power cells at all then if there is nothing there to use them with? --188.8.131.52 15:06, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
I must have missed something...
I'm not sure where I might have missed this (cause I'm positive I checked every nook and cranny of the ship), but I never once encountered the areas where the Gemini-Space Craft is or where the area full of junk 'dumping' that brahmin, both seen in the trailer. I also never encountered any Cryo Weapons of any sort. These must have been in the DLC, so where were they? I completely missed them! --MachienzoPrimos 15:43, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- They are there. Just explore more. Atleast some of these areas are very near the 3 generators you have to destroy early on. I must say, it was funny as hell watching & listening to the brahmin being dumped like that. >:) --184.108.40.206 14:54, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
I didn't see the other stuff that you are talking about, but to get the Cryo weapons you need to take Elliot with you when you go to destroy the Cryo lab generator. He will take back a sample of some cryo material and after you blow up the generator and return to the engine room, talk to him and he'll give you some cryo mines/grenades. ~Unholy
Doesn't matter. I managed to find out why. I just didn't explore it far enough. Still, nothing ever happened with Elliot so maybe it might be a bug? --220.127.116.11 07:29, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
you might have to help him temporarily revive his buds in the "freezerinos" (Alien reference) to get him to pick up the goo afterwards. havent played the cut 'em loose path yet. Dr. Clayton Forrestor
Using the Death Ray
Are there any consequences to firing the death ray at Earth? Weird that you lose karma for killing an alien worker (have they never seen Clerks?), but not for firing the death ray at earth. Duncanxxxx 21:37, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
I wondered that myself. I decided to save before doing that because they might be pissed at me if I blew up the Capital Wasteland. I just reloaded after seeing what would happen if I hit the fire button while aimed at Earth. Also, I wonder what happened to the giant piece of the second ship that fell to Earth (watch it after you destroy it).
Green Circular Scar on Earth?
Does anyone know what that is...could be? It doesn't seem like it came from the death ray because that was a whole different look to it when you test it out...--18.104.22.168 02:12, 5 August 2009 (UTC)Accipe Hoc
I thought it had something to do with the sun (It lines up with it) also the sun is extremely bright (close to super nova?) could be a burn from the sun maybe? Spellunker 02:43, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
How about not "close to supernova,"? It is only 267 years from now. The sun will die in (at least) 10 billion (million?...) years. Not 300 years. And our sun won't go supernova, it doesn't have the mass. Grow up, kid. 4sostrander 21:56, April 20, 2010 (UTC) That is probably The Glow --MeanOlBob 04:24, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
"Green stuff" as the mutans like to call it. Vault 77 Dweller 05:44, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'll attempt to explain this in few words. Big boom. Lots of bombs. Little reprieve. Nuclear pollution. Earth green. Earth polluted. 22.214.171.124 08:01, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- As far as explanations goes, I guess it works in the confines that the game is set with a 1950's theme and that's that kind of thing people then would have thought. But in the REAL real world, it doesn't work like that. A global nuclear war will not leave bright neon fluorescent glowing green ooze all over. Large concentrations of refined radioactive material (such as spent uranium fuel rods from nuclear reactors) only has a very slight glow, and it's blue, not green. Further, there will be no large concentrations as the material in the weapons is fissioned into fine particulates when detonated that mixes in with the water/air/soil which further dissipates it. But then, there is a whole lot in the game that is not real/possible. It is just a game after all, so I guess it's kinda pointless to raise/debate such issues. We would probably need a whole dedicated website to them if we did. :) --126.96.36.199 14:28, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
i think i have a sollution of understanding the big alien head
on the alien page they said that if you slowed the speech down and rewinded it
it would say a text
so all we got to do is somebody to record it
slow it down and then rewind it
it would say something
(for now i dont have ZETA cuz my xbox is full,
but if you think logical (like the puppies perk) you would know this will work)
Halfgod 17:42, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe little audio snippets, but for the most part the large alien heads both used clicks and random assortments of screams. They don't sound viably reversed. Also, please learn proper sentence stringing structure, as we're not feral ghouls.
- don't assemble your paragraphs
- like this
- it makes it very choppy
- to read
- and it just makes less sense
- than typing rationally
- a lot. 188.8.131.52 08:00, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
did anyone else think that this DLC was utter bollox --184.108.40.206 11:18, 6 August 2009 (UTC)King Cog
- In a nutshell, yeah I do. Between the GFX not being quite up to par with the rest of the game/DLC's, more bugs then The Orkin Man could kill in a lifetime, and an odd-ball story line that just don't quite jive with everything else (I mean, I don't have a problem with the aliens and stuff, but I've long thought/said there should have been an Enclave controlled "Area 51" facility somewhere to build a story around. But an alien mothership floating around Earth, that was just way over the top). I'm glad this was the last DLC, as I'd hate to have wasted any more money on something even more contrived and rushed then this was (if that could even be possible). --220.127.116.11 12:43, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
Aliens not dissapearing
Does anybody know if the alien corpses dissapear after an amount of time. I've waited about a week in the wastes and they are still there cluttering up my living space.
just drag them away or leave them in your bed--UltraMegaUltraMan 01:23, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
Deleting the DLC
Ok, so because i missed a crap load of stuff on my first playthrough thanks to the ship's limited accessibility afterwards I'm thinking on deleting the DLC to start again cos im not into starting an entire new game just for that. So does anyone know if doing that will have any side effects (aside from losing everything from it) or should it be alright?
just go back to an earlier save instead of deleting it Five Star Genral Of The Dead BigDog 13:30, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
I'm level 11 now but not sure I'm underlevele for all DLC.OutcastNeedhelp 02:17, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
you should be able to complete MZ as the enemies are leveled other dlcs are leveled for sure. let me know if the captives in cryostasis at the end of cryo lab are all super mutant overlords. Dr. Clayton Forrestor
Don't worry about your level, the enemies are scaled to your level and play difficulty. Some enemies will only show up if you are a high enough level, like the aliens with the special shielding device. --RobertCoombs 02:50, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
Yeah don't worry about I started MZ at lvl 5 on very hard and had no problem completing MZ.Vault Grim 21:22, 7 August 2009 (UTC)Vault Grim.
This DLC is too hard at my current level.I'm still level 11OutcastNeedhelp 21:42, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think this DLC is any harder then the game itself or any other DLC per say, but it is uniquely different and requires a different approach. I guess the best two tips I can give is: Bring a handfull of meds with you for early on and don't bother with conventional weapons. You'll pick up more effective alien weapons right from the getgo, and once you get into it a little ways, it just starts throwing meds, weapons, ammo and health restoration chambers at you every turn. Honestly, I'd say, once you figure out the needed strategy, this is probably the easiest DLC out of the 5. It also will give you the biggest payout in the end. It's a good XP builder, good source of high power weapons and you'll make more caps then you ever need selling everything you find on the ship. To that end, I concure with others here, play this DLC LAST, or it will make the rest of the game to easy. --18.104.22.168 14:09, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
The first time through, I was at level 25+. Just for fun, I restarted F3 and made this DLC my first trip from Megaton. All I had was a 10mm pistol with about 6 rounds left, and the Vault 101 armor. Because of the scaling to my level, I thought this trip was actually easier than the first. Once you pick up a Disintegrator, you are using the same weapons as you did on the higher level and the enemies are much easier than your Skills are lower. Be sure to use epoxy to keep your weapon at full Damage. Plus, at 55 XPs every time you whack an alien, you level up quickly. I put most of my points into Energy Weapons. I went in at level 3-4 and came out right at level 8. The only drawback is that you don't have the Science skill to modify the healing machines for full healing nor to get into a couple of locked rooms. Get as many Stims as you can before going in at lower levels. You'll also be able to pick up a lot of alien food to eat to top off your health. One other problem is that the rest of F3 will probably be dull if you do this DLC first because you will have so many caps (in the form of alien crytals, atomizers, etc.) that picking up loot will be irrelevant, and such powerful weapons, plus all that epoxy for repairing them to 100% for free, that other missions may not be much challenge.
OutcastNeedhelp in settings lower difficulty until you can get to engine core. then somah can repair your stuff for you for better damage and pick up alien epoxy for same reason. i can tell you though this is much more fun @ 20+ after other dlcs. Dr. Clayton Forrestor
i vote (as if this were a democracy vice a hive mind) there be an unmarked quest for the overcoat and the sword in maintenance level(i haven't figured out the reward other than a locker load of medical and kago stays aboard. call it toshi's sword or a ken for kago (ken being Nipponese for sword). my 2 caps worth. Dr. Clayton Forrestor
Let me just say that I'm am very impressed with all the effort put into this dlc from story to gameplay all was done well however I deeply felt that there was something missing such as the npcs word was that there was varied cast from the past and wasteland as we know Somah is the entire wasteland cast excluding the pc of course the one liner rivet city security guard and the clawed wastelander and frozen in game enemies, while the past cast although very interesting could've been so much more the cowboy sheriff was awesome along with the samurai, Elliot however was kind of a bore he had great character but after anchorage I was hoping for some other past character and why did the astronaut have to die surely a spare suit could've have been found on the ship we could have another character to talk to and more exploration gameplay though the most upsetting fallbacks were the cryo grenades to which you woud have to spend hours of waiting and gaining because apparently somewhere along development it would be a good idea for elliot to lose the ability to make grenades when the quest was done, also why did the ship have to go in lockdown mode did it have to, though one could ask why can't advance alien glue work on anything but weapons all of this and other very annoying bugs make me wonder just how truly great this dlc could've been my anwser is this it couldv'e been so great that even if this dlc was only out for the goty of another console I would've bought it even after purchasing all 4 dlcs for a different console but a man can dream can't he a man can dream.
So does anyone know if Bethesda is going to release a patch or whatnot to fix the 'General Chase's Overcoat Issue?' I was really looking forward to this and got excited after I saw the DR: 20 but of course found that it was Winterized Medic Armor..
My guess is that because they were making such a big deal about it being the last DLC, that maybe they won't even pay attention to the bugs and glitches that are dominating Mothership Zeta.AgentSergei 16:00, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- I wouldn't count on it if I were you. Bethesda is not exactly known for thoroughly patching its games, and there wasn't a single patch for any of the problems introduced by the various DLCs. -- Porter21 (talk) 16:13, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
To add on did anyone else notice the new "grimmy pre war" business suit in the cryo lab? It's an all black recolor 22.214.171.124 17:51, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
Available on retail now?
I saw a retail copy of Mothership Zeta at a local Best Buy and it has been listed online for $9.99 via "http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9441687&st=Mothership+Zeta&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218105182332" 126.96.36.199 00:37, 10 August 2009 (UTC)N30chan
DLC's are available on amazon as well. no media just a download authorization. Dr. Clayton Forrestor
You missed the police hat in the armor section of the page. If you haven't found it, it's in the cryo lab.
Just throwing it out there...
WOOOOOW not even mothership zeta has Power Armor... I just want to run around in glowing rave-like Power Armor and Beth won't even gimme that... So many bugs as well... They can suck me as far as I'm concerned STAProductions 16:18, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
waaaaaa I'm a whiney queef. If Bethesda doesn't patch this DLC, that's it. I'll boycott everything associated with them. Hopefully with bad economy in North America, they'll all go bankrupt.:evil grin: Fu**ers should be homeless for their stupidity.
LOL ya maybe. Fallout 3 was way too awesome, but now I feel like they're rushing things so all the stupid people like me will rush out and hand them 10 bucks each.
And sign your posts please (Sorry i have to :P)STAProductions 19:36, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Oh come on, guys, that's going pretty far. Look, I was as disappointed by Mothership Zeta as anyone--maybe more than most, since I value creativity and good writing very highly, and MZ was the only add-on to be drastically lacking in such things. But be fair. Bethesda's provided us with 4 other add-ons that ranged from good to pretty great before this, that had tons of different and new items mixed in. And they gave us Fallout 3 to begin with--a very fun and cool game that finally brought the excellent series back to life, in a good way. Some annoyance over MZ's natural, but they don't deserve curses and wishes of bankruptcy and homelessness after making stuff that you mostly enjoy. The RPGenius 04:16, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- Lets look at the facts, shall we. The main game was buggy has heck, most of which have still not been fixed. Every DLC released not only had it's own slew of bugs, but introduced even more bugs into both the main game and other DLC's, most of these have not been fixed either. We're talking about more then one quest being impossible to ever complete 100% (unless you want to uninstall various DLC's first), not to mention other issues bordering on game breaking. Like the Tenpenny tower lockup bug MZ introduces. God forbid if you had made Tenpenny Tower your homebase early on. I can appreciate how difficult it is to make such a huge game without some issues, and largely (before any DLC gameout), they did an acceptable job. But as time went on, instead of FIXING things, they kept on breaking the game more and more. It's sad, pathetic and unacceptable because some of these bugs and glitches are major in-your-face quest breaking/game breaking problems that are unmissable. Yet they were still released in that mad dash for the cash, and STILL remain unfixed. All that said, I've already decided to boycott Bethesda, tho not because of these issues, but rather their new shady underhanded crapola in suing Interplay because they fail to understand what their contract gives them rights to. Bethesda is trying (and even admitted in the past that they were going to try and do) to steal the entire Fallout franchise from Interplay. And THAT, my friends, was the final straw. This is obviously not a company that cares about us, the gamers. They are the George Lucas of videogames, and are interested in nothing more then milking a popular franchise for all it's worth at our expense. Because of that, Bethesda will NEVER get so much as even one penny from me ever again. --188.8.131.52 13:24, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
I'm with The RPGenious here. Yes, MZ sucked at telling a story, had a crappy story to begin with, had crap gameplay (since you were basically God), and everything it gave you made the rest of the game way too easy. MZ was a good idea followed shortly by a series of really terrible ones and that is a fact. I even think Operation Ancorage was crap for basically the same reasons (Tranquility Lane? Sure, cool. But there should only be one). But they also made Point Lookout and The Pitt (haven't played Broken Steel) and both of those were freaking awesome, creative, and really added something the game otherwise lacked, tone-wise. MZ and (to me, anyway) OA are unarguably crap, but I don't see Bethesda as Lucas, just as rushed humans.--Thulu 03:59, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
I'm not excusing the supergun with 100 rounds and a 1 second reload, but they have a logical reason. You know, the aliens are more advanced and so they have personal superweapons, nothing wrong with that in concept. My thought was that maybe it was impossible to do this well in terms of gameplay. Think about it, is there any way to give the player guns like those as well as what amounts to infinity bullets forever without devistating the rest of the game?--Thulu 04:12, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
I finished this add-on but didn't find the place with my old stuff. And I suppose that there is no such place. Is I'm mistaking?
- It's in a room to your left just before you enter the Steamworks (second Area)... Sorry pal, if you want your stuff, you have to reload an old save. STAProductions 17:15, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- I made the same mistake. (Makes the DLC a lot more challenging, eh?) You do NOT have to reload to get your stuff back. If you go back to MZ, you can take the transporter down to the Engineering Core and from there, walk back to the Holding Cells. When you were leaving the cells, there was a windowed room to one side with an alien in it. Go in there, bop him in the head, and your stuff is in the usual containers (3 of them).184.108.40.206 15:57, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think you can go back to the holding cells can you? If I recall you can only return to Engineering Core and Steamworks unless you use the Sally glitch.
Yes it is true. I confirm that you can go back to the Holding Cells and their you will find the old stuff. On your way back you will encounter also some aliens.
where can i get this add-on?
can mothership zeta be bought in stores such as gamestop or is it only downloaded through computer with microsoft points.
You can buy it in stores, but what you buy is a pre-paid code used to download it. and sign your posts --Pratstercs 23:05, November 7, 2009 (UTC)
HOW to GET THE ALIEN BLASTER and CELLS without getting transported. XBOX360
Standing on top of the crater looking down at the tempting Blaster and ammo cells is the lure. Walk down to pick them up and hey presto, the poor old wanderer is swept into the air into another hell hole.. To avoid this enforced transportation, take Dogmeat, stand just outside the RAD 1 field and send him in to collect all the ammo and the alien blaster. After which you can go to that crash site at a time of your choice and get transported.--220.127.116.11 08:36, November 23, 2009 (UTC)1000hrs Fallout 3.
Should this be made canon?
I personally think it should be sort of canon. Recon Craft Theta crashed and the aliens quickly beam it back up into the hanger. This is long after the LW had got the blaster from the site. But he/she never got to the alien mothership. So in F04 or New Vegas, the mothership is still up there but still in alien control. Sec 19 19:49, December 2, 2009 (UTC) Sec 19
Safe storage in This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough
Does anyone know where there is safe storage in This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough or how to get back to the engineering core. I can't figure out how to get back to core and have to much valuable stuff to drop. Any Ideas? Much appreciated, Sincerely Red
When you get past the space walk and you get back inside the teleporter is already activated and when i hit the button to activate it nothing happens, whats going on?
I HAVE A BLUE PIP-BOY AWESOOOME!
Well, the thing froze when I was getting probed by aliens, but I could open up the menu (settings ect) so then I loaded an auto-save of me coming out of a house in minefield. My pip-boy is blue, except for the screen, and it wont change even if I removed my clothing. I think I just got the coolest pip-boy ever! CheezeWEEPツ 20:40, January 26, 2010 (UTC)every oen can change there pipboy blue and orange and white
Theme song of the trailer
Does anyone know what the song is called in the trailer ?
I am really diggin the song, but seem to be unable to find it anywhere .
- same here. nobody ever even seems to mention that music. :( Aroddo
Similar to X-Files.4sostrander 22:04, April 20, 2010 (UTC)