Talk:Museum of Technology

From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Talkpage.png
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Museum of Technology".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.

The info here about the Finding the Loot unmarked quest could probably be linked to from the page on Prime and/or Jiggs. For best results, someone should create a table of contents on this page, which would allow a link directly to the quest info from the other pages. My wiki skills have failed me and I seem unable to get a TOC to appear here.

skoora 19:02, 14 November 2008 (UTC)

How do you get into the room with the Tesla and Me? I can't find a door to it in the tunnel/vault tour

Standing at the front entry doors facing in, walk to the back, left corner of the room and through a doorway there. Inside that foyer are three doors - to the men's room, to the women's room, and to a stairwell up to the room you are talking about.

What's Planetarium Guy?[edit source]

There is a redirection names that.

I dont understand a word of what you are saying... - Redmess 10:38, November 20, 2009 (UTC)
Simply go back to the question:What's Planetarium Guy?- By Dr.Xen 17:04, November 21, 2009 (UTC)
Ohh. I suspect someone once made a page about the talking voice in the planetarium, the page got merged into this one, and Planetarium Guy got a redirect. It can be deleted, no one is searching on that search term. - Redmess 22:36, November 21, 2009 (UTC)

Unlock Exit's Terminal in Planetarium[edit source]

One of the terminals (in the Planetarium office, I believe) allows you to "unlock other exits". I don't find any other exits.no


Right. On the PC I get "Error: Could not locate door to unlock" if I press that button. I also don't know what door it's talking about. Maybe we need a "Bugs" section? -RedKnight7 05:40, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
I think it just a joke that the game designers put in there. There are four entances to the planetarium. One of them is blocked off. It's just like there is no East Wing of the Museum - it is all blocked off. --Sp3lly 01:23, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
Actually, depending on the route you take to that office, the door may in fact be intact, or it may be ripped off its hinges by super mutants. If it's ripped off, you get the error, otherwise you can unlock the door. Deadlykris 23:22, July 7, 2010 (UTC)

USSA[edit source]

Regarding the Virgo II module's design and the Commonwealth Flag, also note that two of the display plaques mention the USSA. I thought it was a typo but its on two different plaques. 60.240.41.159 04:29, 24 March 2009 (UTC)

Oops, just looked up USSA... its the Fallout equivalent to NASA. Disregard :) 60.240.41.159 04:30, 24 March 2009 (UTC)

Shortcut Out[edit source]

Okay, maybe I'm just dimmer of wit than most, but I've played F3 numerous times and just realized this time that I can bypass the long Vault-Tec exhibit when leaving by jumping over the rail to the atrium.

Overlord[edit source]

I go into the room with the virgo II lander in the mueseum of tech, and I find an unexpected guest, the overlord. the day before yesterday I made a new character, im now level 15, but I thought the enemies from broken steel wouldnt be encountered untill im level 18 and completed all other main quests (not including dlc quests) except the last quest.

Vault Door[edit source]

The article says that the vault door reads "106". I went to see if I could read it from the side. Mine looked like "100". Can someone with the PC version disable collisions and go through the wall and look at the number for me?--Дикий Человек Вампира 15:10, 4 August 2009 (UTC)

Confirmed, it does say 106. - Redmess 23:47, October 28, 2009 (UTC)

Plane in Virgo II room[edit source]

By complete accident when my V.A.T.S missed it shot the plane suspended above the Virgo II room and it fell. But after looking at the mess I noticed it fell about where the Super Mutant Master was standing, easy kill for low level players? I thought this was noteworthy but I have no idea where to put it in this article without hiding it among the mass of history behind each exibit. Spellunker 17:03, 8 August 2009 (UTC)


Narrator of the Planetarium[edit source]

Does anyone know who the narrator of the Planetarium is? I really wish you could have listened to more of it, sounded like a good show. --Anzoon 13:38, October 5, 2009 (UTC)

Not sure but by how he talks, he was meant to sound like Carl Sagen.--Kingclyde 16:49, October 5, 2009 (UTC)

R.J. Gumby[edit source]

The info desk computer says there is a lecture by R.J. Gumby. this is a Monty Python character reference. 71.237.177.16 05:50, October 7, 2009 (UTC)-The gray nomad-

A strange thing[edit source]

I noticed that, When you use the "tcl" command on the PC to enter the kitchen exhibit in the Vault Tour, you can open the fridge and stove which contain food and other things. Just thought this would make an interesting addition, seeing that these containers are normally inaccessible during normal gameplay. (Note: I actually edited the article and added this little tidbit into the Notes section, and it got removed. Biiiiig thanks for that.)

79.175.110.85 17:39, December 22, 2009 (UTC)

Its just not notable enough. - Redmess 22:20, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
  • It's interesting, curious almost, I say add it! ThePog 02:43, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
  • Yes, I think it's notable. Nukey (talk) User blog:AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke?|(blog) 20:05, July 27, 2010 (UTC)

Vault Tour[edit source]

When you get to the first "Interactive Button", can someone with a PC no-clip into there and check the locker for loot? I always have this paranoid suspicion that Bethesda hid weapons in the game :P. Nukey (talk) User blog:AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke?|(blog) 20:03, July 27, 2010 (UTC)

The locker is empty. I checked in the GECK; the base item doesn't even contain any leveled lists. Kris (talk) 20:20, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
I meant go in-game and check. You never know ^-^. By the way, can you output a list of items in the stove and refrigerator in that part of the tour? Nukey (talk) User blog:AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke?|(blog) 21:05, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
While you're at it, could you also check what I added anout the vault door number, if you look hard at it you see it's 100, im sure this is true but it wouldn't hurt to check, it would help keep this article valid. Thanks.
JaspertheViking :D? 21:09, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
I'll go ingame and check the locker. The fridge contains two leveled lists, FoodGeneric100 and FoodGeneric75; it contains one instance of the first and 4 instances of the second. The first one has a 100% chance ("Chance none" is 0) to produce one of 23 different food items; the second has a 75% chance to produce one of 22 different food items. Combined like they are in this fridge, they provide from one to five random food items. The stove contains 1 Pilot Light and a single instance of one leveled list, OvenFood25, giving a 25% chance for brahmin Steak, Iguana on a Stick, Mirelurk Cakes, Salisbury Steak, or Squirrel on a Stick. The vault door has the number 106 on it - the 6 looks deformed, so I did a little more digging; the base object uses the model Dungeons\VaultRuined\Doors\VGearDoorR106.NIF thus confirming that the number is 106, not 100. Kris (talk) 21:20, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Checked ingame; that locker has nothing in it; additionally, the desk next to it is not a container. Kris (talk) 21:29, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
D'aawwww. Nukey (talk) User blog:AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke?|(blog) 21:30, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Also I'm not 100% certain about the numbers on those two fridge leveled lists; 22 or 23 might be the number of different food items for both lists. I didn't see an easy way to export 'em, but I'll look at FO3Edit to see if there's a way in that program. Kris (talk) 21:32, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
I counted the first list again, this time in FO3Edit, and came up with 22. I think it's safe to go with that number. I still don't see a way to export that info easily. Kris (talk) 21:36, July 27, 2010 (UTC)

Gun exhibit, gun cabinet[edit source]

One of the computers alludes that there would be a gun exhibit. There is a hard-locked gun cabinet in the planetarium back office. There is a key-only safe in the security office. The computer next to the safe suggest that the gun exhibits items must be stored in the planetarium gun cabinet at off hours. The key to the gun cabinet should be caried by the security officer or kept at the locked safe. Now, where in the bloody hell is the key to this safe? I'm actually playing through Fallout 3 for the first time and just love these little puzzles that I can't solve even with this wiki =) FizzlNet 19:36, July 4, 2011 (UTC)