Talk:NCR-Great Khan War
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "NCR-Great Khan War".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
The capitalisation of "War" implies that this name is comprised of proper nouns, and therefore "official". I would suggest moving the page to "NCR-Khan conflict" as a conflict is a way of describing it which is less likely to cause trouble, and then the page can be expanded to encompass the problems the NCR has had with the Khans all the way back to Vault 15.
Another concern I have is the accuracy of this page. From the opening paragraph ("ended shortly after the Massacre that occurred at Bitter springs", and from a quick glance it doesn't get any better further down) this page is basically fanfiction. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 18:17, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree this needs cleaning and some organization, but as far as fan fiction goes, most of this information here can be gather from various NPC's in-game. In this instance I would agree to moving this to NCR-Great Khans conflict. As it was an undeclared war in the proper sense where with the NCR vs BoS or Caesar, those are actually wars.--Kingclyde 00:27, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't recall it ever officially "ending", for example; the Great Khans seem to still hold animosity towards NCR, and fight them at Boulder City and Hoover Dam. That would also make the statement that the NCR declared victory incorrect.
- The Khans have a long history of conflict with NCR, dating back to the Great War when their ancestors were all packed into Vault 15 together. As it stands, the article is pretty much just a description of the Bitter Springs massacre.
- Also, what's the source for any formal declaration of war against BoS or Caesar? --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 12:38, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
I made like 50 edits to grammar on this page. Did a fifth grader write this? They're was written "There" at least 7 times. You're was "Your" and It's was "its". Please try to type correctly on these pages people. —Preceding unsigned comment added by PipMan (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Inaccurate information[edit source]
A lot of the info here is wrong, for instance Red Rock is not "resource rich". Quite the opposite, Diane even has dialogue on this subject. She specifically states that the canyon does not have enough food or water, they used to send out scavenger teams to collect resources but with the losses at Bitter Springs they can't spare anyone. The bits mentioning, repeatedly, how easily the NCR are "winning" the "war" seem like hero worship (fanfiction as someone said). Furthermore how are a few raids and a military blunder a war? Mictlantecuhtli 04:26, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
- That's fine, I only put the merge tag on this page because the massacre page was a lot cleaner after I went through it and rewrote it and the infobox stuff. Mictlantecuhtli 18:10, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
NCR Favored?[edit source]
The tag on top of the page suggests that this page is pro-NCR. I will admit it was pro-NCR when it was first made, but now I think this page represents both parties equally. I propose the tag should be removed. However I will let the Vault administrators change the tag, because I do not think it is my place to change it. LibertyPrime 01:02, August 23, 2011 (UTC)