Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Talk:NCR Ranger Veteran
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "NCR Ranger Veteran".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
so apparently these guys can be ghouls, which is odd because normally soldiers and what-not are always human, though it does give them a really bad-ass gravely voice that you would expect out-of badasses like these guys--Katikar 18:53, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I was surprised to hear a Ghoul's voice at an NCR camp as well. Frankly, I wanted to kill them, but my allegiance to the NCR was more powerful than my bigotry. Yes, I'm a bigot, and damn proud, too. Ghouls and Super Mutants are abominations and need to be eradicated! Yuri Kaslov 18:59, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, Caesar is looking for good Ghould haters like you. Bearded Hoplite 00:39, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
- oh c'mon, their just humans, that've been exposed to an ungodly amount of radiation, and haven't had the good fortune to die. and anyway, if the NCR is comfortable with them, you should be too--Katikar 07:28, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
In New Vegas it is mentioned by Dennis Crocker that before being deployed in the Mojave, the Vet. Rangers were "chasing ghosts in Baja". Also mentioned by NPCs after the 1st faction quest, is that they are being redeployed from Baja.
NCR troopers sometimes mention that they hear the Vet. Ranger "chew nails and spit napalm" or something like that.
Somebody can add this if they want. --Anonymous
are they hostile towards the player? [[File:Sgtme_sig.jpg|link 21:29, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
Depends on rep with the NCR.
Get them to appear[edit source]
im level 28 now and i have NEVER EVER seen any veteran ranger.... i have seen a lot of legion veterans though so, whast the level i need to get them to spawn somewhere? and where would they spawn then...
you have to get to a certain part of the main story for them to appear at ncr locations
there is one veteran ranger who is a ghoul in one of the ranger camps
Everyone keeps saying after a certain point in the main quest they appear, but I have yet to see specifically when. What point exactly do they appear? 184.108.40.206 07:43, January 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I add a way to make them appear after Ring A Ding Ding.--iRock_032
- There's an exclusive way to make them appear in Ranger Stations and Camp Forlon Hope early after Ring-A-Ding-Ding, Tested on PS3 the player must travel to The Fort and start Render Unto Caesar, Caesar will task the player to destroy the Securitron vault, Instead You can active the securitron vault for Wild Card: You and What Army? and The House Always Wins and Caesar will believe it was destroyed. After exiting Caesar's Tent many troopers, legionaries, wastelanders etc will often comment for the rest of the game that ,The veterans are comming and the NCR is getting serious about their war with Caesar's Legion, Making them appear. Following NCR main and side quests will only make them appear after You'll Know It When It Happens and During Eureka!.
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3892/rockii.png 23:06, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
One-thousand Unarmed!?[edit source]
Is that number right? IsaacKronenFaust 16:39, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
I saw that too i mean what the heck. FalloutNewVegas6644
No, That is "100" Unarmed, my friends.--XeroSnake 23:29, March 6, 2011 (UTC)
Xero, compare the November 26th, 2010 edit with the November 29th, 2010 edit in the article history. It says 1000 in the former. IsaacKronenFaust 20:46, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
Cut "white" design for the Veteran Ranger uniform[edit source]
Where is the texture for this armor located? -Cannibalbrane 10:06, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
Anyone ever heard a girl voices coming from a Vet ranger?--Black Artist 23:11, April 9, 2011 (UTC)
Yup! Just talked to one.
Chew nails and spit Napalm[edit source]
I think that's from the old Finnish book Tuntematon Sotilas. In it, someone introduces a new soldier called Rokka by saying: That guy's Rokka. I hear he eats steel and shits chain.
- It's not. It's a pretty generic expression meant to showcase just how badass a person is.http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 21:56, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
Should'nt we redirect veteran ranger to NCR Veteran rangers like in the game? DMK961 20:47, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
Hoover Dam variant[edit source]
Does anyone know the form ID of the variant that follows you if sided with the NCR at Hoover Dam?? I am on the xbox 360 and use a inventory editor to put them in:) I have the securitron follower already and want one of these bad boys!