This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "NCR trooper".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Cowering NCR Trooper?
While on my way to meet Sergeant Cooper to retake Nelson from the Legion, I found an NCR Trooper laying down on the ground, cowering. This was just South of Camp Forlorn Hope. When I try to interact with him, he says nothing audibly, but the subtitles "Stay away!" and "Kill me!" come up. Any idea who this guy is and what he is related to? File:NCR_Trooper.jpg Screenshot of him here.] Orra 19:19, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
- I think I just found out what he was for. It would seem the Legion has this man injured and booby trapped. As I approached him again after the battle of Nelson, an NCR Guard Dog ran from Camp Forlorn Hope to the downed trooper. As soon as the dog touched the trooper, a beeping sound was heard. This sound was the same sound that you hear when a mine is about to go off. The trooper then exploded, killing both him and the dog. Orra 19:47, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
So I fast traveled to some location just outside of New Vegas and a group of NCR Troopers were fighting some Fiends on the opposite side of the building. I ran there and most of them were dead, but when I tried to loot the NCR Trooper's Goo Pile remains, the game said "You were caught Pickpocketing! You lose NCR Reputation!" and a nearby trooper ignored the remaining Fiend and shot at me, then Cass and ED-E killed him, losing more fame. I then had to reload to avoid the dumb loss of fame and karma. Anyone else get this?
Do the NCR Troopers at Camp Mccarran respawn? How about any other place where there are a significant number of nameless troopers, like Camp Golf? You would think that the generic NPCs would spawn in order to maintain a steady number, but I'm not sure... anyone know? --Jackarunda 07:46, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
They do respawn I killed all of them at camp mccarran and camp golf and they respawned every time, they also respawn at mojave outpost.--Terminator512 15:20, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
Extra Trooper Dialogue
Outside Camp McCarran I encountered an NCR Trooper on patrol than opened a dialogue window instead of just the generic trooper responses.
- The trooper would say: "What do you need?"
- The only responses available were random: "I need to get going.", "Time for me to go.", "See you later."
- The box would then close with the trooper saying: "Bye.", or "Later."
What is this interaction related to if anything? --Xclockwatcher 04:46, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Nothing. It happens sometimes with NPCs. BILLYOCEAN
Just noticed that the responses are the same as traveling merchant exit dialogue. It's probably brought about by a mis-assigned ID in the GECK. Thanks for responding.--Xclockwatcher 18:52, June 11, 2011 (UTC)