Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "No-bark Noonan".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
If you ask him about something he witnessed (he describes a super-mutant in a round-about way, I don't know what specifically you have to say.)
His voice mysteriously and annoyingly changes into what is clearly a younger man trying really hard to imitate his voice. And doing so terribly. I don't understand the significance, is it supposed to be funny?
I think this happened with a few characters in Fallout 3, but I'm not sure it was this obvious either.
- I'm guessing that either one of two things happened - The voice actor was not available by the time they decided to put that side-quest in the game, thus didn't have the dialogue choices for it, or one of the designers lost/deleted the voice file for that part of the dialogue and was embarresed by/could've been fired for it. So he did a recording of the voice and it happened to make it into the game. Either way it totally takes you out of the moment, and makes it seem like a bad flash video. As it was it was so jarring I went searching for it on google to find out why and found this entry. Crazy ridiculous.--18.104.22.168 08:28, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
- This happens for at least one other character in New Vegas, the daughter that runs the 188 Shop 'n Slop. Whether this is common or not, I don't know, but it's starting to look that way. While I agree that it's quite jarring, at the very least, it's not just plain missing. Not sure if we should look at this as a bug or just a production quirk, but my vote goes for the latter. I did experience this with No-bark as well, though those are the only two characters that I've found with the quirk so far. 22.214.171.124 08:37, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
- This was common in Fallout 3 and oblivion as well, and is fairly common in any RPG that uses voice acting for every bit of Dialogue. Dialogue scripts change frequently, and when changed after a voice actor has already finished their predetermined time, it can be insanely expensive to fly them back, buy them a hotel room, provide them a limo, provide their food, AND pay them to act a bit more. If they were flying the voice actors in every time a rogue line was added to the dialogue, they would have blown the entire budget away on just acting.- The Capulet 16:08, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
Dialog Bug?[edit source]
I'm playing the PC version of NV (with both patches) with a USB 360 controller. While talking to No-bark during the One For My Baby Quest, he started hustling through his dialog without me pressing any buttons, and none of the buttons on my controller were sticking. Got annoying, as I had to speed read to take it all in. Haven't tried to replicate this yet. Anyone else notice this? LostBoy77420 22:07, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
Actor's name[edit source]
What is the name of the guys who voiced No-Bark. Cause it sounds very much like a certain Jon Etheridge.
I killed him, because I can.
I have long since completed all the quests relating to Novac and No-Bark Noonan seems to have disappeared. I've tried waiting inside and outside his shack, wandering around town, etc. He is nowhere to be found. Anyone else have this issue?
- He may have fallen from the map to an isolated place full of nothing, it used to happen in fallout 3, i remember it happend to me with charon once. Im not sure if it does happen too in NV. If you are on PC check the console command to teleport him to you. I think its movetoplayer and the ID.
Anyone who thinks it's possible No-Bark is Father Elijah? There is a lot that could prove it, such as: He is a "scientist", If you find a picture of Father Elijah you'd notice they look very alike, He arrived to Novac about some time after the takeover of HELIOS One, The brahmin rancher in Novac's Wife Says that she doesn't even remember his real name, He took The "No-Bark" name to him like he wanted his real name to be forgotten And there's more.
- He's been there too long to be Elijah. --Kris 22:41, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Veronica would probably recognize him when you talk to him in novac. Also Father Elijah seems to be a scientific genius with a big dark side, and allowed most of his brotherhood chapter to be killed just for being stubborn, while No-Bark's just a crazy old nice guy.
Is No-Bark Voice 1 from Vault 11?[edit source]
Been wondering, after listening to the recording you find at the entrance of Vault 11: can the one survivor of that vault be No-Bark? They have the same voice, and it could fit in his story perfectly, being a survivor from what happened at Vault 11 and then going insane in the Wasteland. What do you think?