This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Oasis (quest)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Why is the glitch that says "Sometimes when going through the path with the beds to the chain link fence, the game will lock your PC being unable to move, use your Pip-Boy,etc..." labeled as a pc/360/ps3 glitch when it mentions pc during it multiple times? Mechacode 04:34, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
- In this context, PC stands for Player Character. It doesn't lock up the game. --Kris 04:40, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
Quest Rewards Question
I haven't personally been able to access my Xbox 360 for a while now, but this has been bugging me.
I was wondering if there is any possible way to get both Poplar's Hood and Maple's Garb, without mods, or console commands, as I have already mentioned I have but an Xbox 360. I realize you can get one or the other in quest rewards normally. I was wondering this, as the Missile Launcher is an easily found weapon (ammo rarity notwithstanding). Linden's Outcast power armor is an okay reward, but as my character is more inclined to sneak (or, at least, I like to get the sneak criticals and use Sniper Rifles and the like) the power armor would be something I'd just throw into a locker and forget about, or maybe give to a follower if I stopped needing to carry so much stuff, and I also don't have the Power Armor Training perk on most of my characters.
As a side question, why is there a hood to increase sneak, rewarded along with heavy power armor? They seem to contradict one another, while the rocket launcher (okay, missile launcher) is so rarely used/easily obtained that it seems they intended the robes as the best reward, thinking adding in a throwaway weapon along with it would make people believe other rewards better. The robes also match with the hood. They both have twigs in them, unlike other Oasis apparel.
- I would expect that giving a sneak reward along with a power armor reward provides the right kind of reward for all characters: each character sells or stashes the part of the reward they don't normally use. The same applies to the weapons, and while I don't normally use the rocket launcher either, I sometimes like to snipe with one from an overpass. The intent is to balance out the rewards so that your Harold choice is based on actual ethics and not on choosing the one choice of value to you. Even killing Harold balances out with Barkskin (fighter) and the Yew Bear Charm (sneaker/talker). --Webgiant 17:37, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Okay, thanks. I didn't realize that, lol. 22.214.171.124 14:18, September 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I still think it stinks that one of the rewards is a Missile Launcher. It might just be my experience, but I trip over those things too often. Of course, people unlike me that use them might enjoy the reward a bit more, but it might have been better to include a unique Missile Launcher to go with the unique Druid outfit instead of just a normal Launcher. Since Laurel's path ends with two unique rewards, the hood and the power armor, why shouldn't Birch's path get two as well? RolandWolfheart 18:42, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
Poplar's hood unobtainable???
I can't get Poplar's hood. I applied Laurel's Liniment and afterward talked to Laurel. She said Branchtender Linden, Bloomseer Poplar and Sapling Yew had gifts for me. I can get Linden's armor and Yew's charm, but Poplar doesn't have the speach option where you can get your gift. This is very annoying since I rely quite a bit on my sneak skill, and I want the hood pretty badly.
I already tried:
- killing Poplar
- killing everyone in Oasis
- burning Harold
- burning Harold and killing Poplar
- burning Harold and killing everone in Oasis
- applying Birch's Sap to Harold's heart
- destroying Harold's heart
- waiting for over an ingame week
Does anyone have the same problem or knows a solution to this?