This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Paulson's revolver".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Where?!
- 2 Reverse Pickpocketing?
- 3 Projectiles
- 4 Repair
- 5 Functions like a Scoped .44?
- 6 Finally
- 7 Acquiring
- 8 COMBO!
- 9 Just thought I'd mention...
- 10 i found a bug!!!
- 11 Does this best its brethren?
- 12 not impressed
- 13 Bullet Rant necessary?
- 14 Graphical error??
- 15 Bethesda is Lazy
- 16 Reused in FNV
- 17 What's the real ROF for this gun?
And there we be. Let's hope it doesn't suck compared to the Alien weapons. Nitty 01:27, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
I agree, my friend. But it probably will anyways. Despite our happiest thoughts, it probably will. SplittingTheAtom 01:30, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Well, it still has the Clint Eastwood-Dirty Harry badass-ness, so it's not all bad. Nitty 01:32, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Is it me or does this revolver look different from the .44. maybe it's just the light reflecting from it. Even without the scope, it looks different. Vault 77 Dweller 02:01, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
It's kind of hard to see with the weird light so I don't think we'll get a better view till we get more screenshots, or until the game comes out.--Moltenfungus 02:29, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
FINALLY an unscoped revolver! Now i can live out my Dirty Harry fantasies! "Go ahead muties, make my day" WouldYouKindly 02:33, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Does it look like the Ambassador From Team Fortress 2 to anyone else? Jetholt (Jetty) 11:17, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
It really looks like the Mysterious Starnger's Revolver... With a wooden backing and stuff STAProductions 11:31, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
i bet it is the law dog b/c it was cut from the games just like all the cryo stuff and they got add back to zeta Five Star Genral Of The Dead BigDog 18:07, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
So its like a revolver/shotgun? SWEET!!
Yeah, like a Taurus Judge revolver shotgun!
I don't see the gun anywhere in that bad image and I Don't even think it's a cowboy there
Just click on the picture and you can clearly see a gun at his side. It is pretty small just on that little picture unless you click it.--Moltenfungus 02:37, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thank god it is un-scoped,now i can finally pull of that Dirty-Harry character i always needed. The Second Wolf Brother. 14:51, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Best. Magnum. Ever. Nitty 14:54, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
finally. FINALLY. I can get a normal, unscoped .44 magnum on the 360. *excited*188.8.131.52 18:52, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Reverse Pickpocketing?[edit source]
I just tried to reverse pickpocket his revolver off of him and it wasn't in his inventory after he switched weapons. but it was after an alien killed him...can you not reverse pickpocket it? 184.108.40.206 23:55, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- sometimes weapons might not show up when you try to pickpocket if they have ammo for the weapon try taking his ammo and giving him a new weapon Five Star Genral Of The Dead BigDog 00:51, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- ah, ok. the article mentioned Reverse Pickpocketing, so I thought it would work. guess I'll just have to let the aliens kill him then 220.127.116.11 01:00, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
or accidentally blast a beam of pure ownage sauce into his lazy eye.what's that? He doesn't have a lazy eye? Well...no he has no head.--Icommandoxx 21:39, February 6, 2011 (UTC)icommandoxx
I must say ,it is deadly at close range ,but i expected one single powerful buller ,not shotgun pellets :[,still i love it ,and i use it constantly ,i can take super mutant overlords with 8 shots ,ok there goes my opinionNyoche 18:16, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
I took one down with sneak crit head shot. This the first weapon that can do it with a reasonable distance. Even thought the GECK said spread of 3, it seem spread less compare to Captain's sidearm and combat shotgun Scarvet 13:56, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
After buying a Scoped .44 Magnum from Harith, I used it to repair Paul's Magnum. Safe to change the repair to Scoped .44 Magnum? Revelations 21:6 02:50, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Functions like a Scoped .44?[edit source]
The first paragraph says that this functions exactly like the Scoped .44, just without a scope. Isn't that, well, completely wrong? The Scoped .44 fires a single projectile, and has different stats all-around.
Sorry, wrote that immediatly after snagging the Magnum, never bothered to test it extensively. Fixed. Nitty 21:31, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
MY GOD! NITTY MADE A MISTAKE??!?!What has the world come to?!?!?!?--Master of cheeZ 17:43, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Jeez, i am so happy there finally is a non-scoped 44 magnum. It sounds odd, but i like wearing the cowboy outfit (lucas simms) and it was odd to have a scope, and the 32 pistol does to little damage, the chinese pistol and 10 mm don't look right with the outfit.--Supermutantslayer450 01:21, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
amen to that,allmost enough to make me buy this dlc--JoeHanSon 04:52, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
I usually wear the Sheriff's Duster and Sheriff's hat or Paulson's Outfit and Paulson's Hat when I use Paulson's Revolver. It's 100% cowboy when you also have the Backwater Rifle and The Double Barrel Shotgun. AlbertWesker666 November 14, 2009
Is it possible to shoot it out of paulson's hands, thus leaving him alive.18.104.22.168
Good idea, definitely, but, no, it doesn't seem like it's possible. I just spent the better part of five minutes getting blow full of holes by it while trying to shoot it out of his hands using my Sniper Rifle; most of the time it was no more than a 50% chance to hit, and even when it claimed I'd scored a critical hit on Paulson, if I was targeting the weapon, nothing seemed to happen - no loss of health, and no dropping the revolver. I would love to be proven wrong about this (I -want- that gun, but I don't want to kill him), but it seems this doesn't work, reverse pickpocketing doesn't work... seems like the only way to get it is to kill him, or use console commands (if you're playing on the PC [which, unfortunately, I'm not.]) Dan Dark 23:16, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- the gun Paulson has when he is alive is not available to the pc(player character) so the only way to get his gun is to loot it off his corpse Five Star Genral Of The Dead BigDog 00:05, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Worth it IMO 22.214.171.124 02:48, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- just saying, to shoot it out of his hand you should aim for the arm it's in , as when it gets crippled it drops.
So if this pistol is like a shotgun, combining it with Callahan's Magnum would make you a Super Powerful Pistol Person!*
(*Awesome name and accessory pistols not included.) --Master of cheeZ 01:58, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
Just thought I'd mention...[edit source]
That's not a shield sticking out of the cylinder. thats the speedloader stuck on there. Must be a glitch or something.
I think the picture may be of when the gun i loading, just we cant see due to the angle. Or its a glitch. --J.J.-Lopez 08:06, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
You may be correct about the picture, but the gun definitely has a shield. Otherwise, the bullets would be visible in the chambers when looking at it from the back. JerichoRCDF 19:51, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Addendum: Just checked by dropping it from the inventory. That pic ain't bugged. JerichoRCDF 19:54, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
After getting the revolver I see the shield in first person yes but the gun itself amost always has a bug in third person that shows the speedloader still stuck on the cylinder despite it being closed. So in my context I was not wrong as I believed you were referring to the speedloader when you spoke of a shield. So the gun in the pic is bugged. The .32 revolver also suffers from this bug.
i found a bug!!![edit source]
i found a bug! on paulson's gun! ok, here goes.
When i picked up the revolver, its got a scope on it, it isn't a one time bug either, its happened loads.
This isn't an ordinary scope either, when i press zoom it doesnt zoom, just goes into the screen where you got a scope corsshair, if you get me. Kinda like a scoped magnum where you look through the scope and there's no zoom at all.
Pics or it didn't happen. This guy is full of tihs
Actauly he's right, and that "no zoom" bug he's talking about has happened for me on a few other scoped weapons.--126.96.36.199 17:42, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
Its me the guy who started all this, I found the bug and I think I know why its there, i don't think its a bug I think its actually the non-playable version is scoped when the player has it because I tried this out and it worked. I would love to be proven wrong though.
Does this best its brethren?[edit source]
My question is, because I own Paulson's, which is better among the Magnums? Callahan's? Blackhawk? You'd think that Paulson's is best outside of VAT's because of the multi-shrapnel shot crits, But i could be wrong. Anyone are to shed some light on it? thank you--Nosferus 20:55, October 18, 2009 (UTC)
Well, Paulson's is better at close range and for sneak attacks, but at longer ranges opt for Callahan's (in terms of combat, it is objectively better than Blackhawk) And yes, always use a scattershot weapon outside of VATS 188.8.131.52 23:24, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
- (in terms of combat, it is objectively better than Blackhawk) 184.108.40.206 02:47, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
not impressed[edit source]
honestly its nice tht is unscoped, but really, is it any comparison to blackhawk? or even callaghan's magnum? now lets think about it...i mean the shotgun effect alone makes it a little worse for long distance combat, and its damage isnt really great...its a good gun but ud figure something more from killing like 40 aliens.Toolazytomakeaaccount 20:12, October 18, 2009 (UTC)
Uh, the thing gets critical hits that can kill a Behemoth in a single headshot... Nitty 20:18, October 18, 2009 (UTC)
Isn't that because that if any weapon with a large spread has all it's pellets hit,it does,like,2800 damage? HuangLee 21:16, October 18, 2009 (UTC) i can see why youd think that, but truthfully the damage of a shotgun type weapon is like...well its like a assault rifle sais it does 31 dmg, its really like 5 dmg a shot, well its kindve the same thing with shotguns, except they have to do more damage if all hit mostly because of the likelyhood that they wont all hit.also fyi super mutant behemoths are the least of your worries in the wasteland if uve got broken steel, are lvl 30, and are playing on hard/very hard difficulty.Toolazytomakeaaccount 05:50, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
- So very true, my friend. DAMN THOSE WAVY SHIELDED ALIENS!!!!!! They are the most difficult enemy I have ever faced in fallout 3. 220.127.116.11 02:42, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- OK. I've been doing some math, and it seems this weapon is deadlier than I had expected. On average, With 100 Small Guns, and all crit related perks, Paulson's Revolver does an average of 215.1 damage per shot, whereas the Terrible Shotgun does an average of 177.2 damage per shot. The Terrible still is the king of sneak attacks, and is easier to repair, but this gun is definitely viable. 18.104.22.168 23:22, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
- the terrible shotgun is definitely the most effective critical hit weapon, dealing over 1000 dmg when it crits if all pellets hit and its out of vats, truly pwns this gun...but eh w/e Paulson's is an okay weapon....only got it cause i collect unique items
Bullet Rant necessary?[edit source]
Is the huge rant about the inconsistency of the .44 Magnum round and this era of revolver really useful to the player? I'm not removing or editing it but I think that should be done. If a person really must know this information, Wikipedia has it. Killchain 05:47, December 16, 2009 (UTC)
- aaand now the magic question, what are we on? eeeh? ehhh? think about it for a minute..it'll come to u, think real hard....still don't got it? oh well, were on a wiki, i doubt someone went to the real wiki main thing and made a page about inconsistencies between fallout 3's paulson's revolver and normal revolvers, i really doubt it.Toolazytomakeaaccount 11:01, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
Graphical error??[edit source]
ok, i played MZ and i was in the hangar bay with palsoun,earlier i looted an alien wit an alien atomizer when i looted the gun it was equipped on my character buuuut it wasnt really equipped in the game world well later on palsoun died i took his gun and equipped it but when i unholsterd it it looked like alien atomizer but still shot like normal, weird and i tried to equip another alien atomizer exept on the top left hand corner of the screen said "You cannot equip this item"--Snipitysnipsnip 06:38, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
Bethesda is Lazy[edit source]
It make no since that a .44 Magnum, a caliber developed in the late 1940's, revolver would be carried by a cowboy from the 19th Century. Another huge proleam would be that loading an old west six-shooter with .44 Magnum would result in losing part of your arm. I don't really care about all the details they got wrong. Bethesda could have at least made it look like an old west revolver, instead of just taking the Scoped .44 Magnum and taking the scope off. - Texas Ranger 02:45, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
- i second this opinion--Icommandoxx 21:53, February 6, 2011 (UTC)icommandoxx
- i third it lol Tommygunner32 19:18, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
Reused in FNV[edit source]
anyone else notice that they reused this in fnv for the standard unscoped revolver?
I noticed that too, good find, anon. Cone was here 55px 15:40, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
What's the real ROF for this gun?[edit source]
I was doing the calculations and found the MDPS with 2.25 and all damage perks to be 511, even higher than Vengeance and Novasurge.