This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Project V13".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the "Fallout spin-offs discussion" forum for these purposes.
- 1 Yeah, right
- 2 Possibly a refrence to Vault 13?
- 3 Can't wait!
- 4 Is it true? I have mixed feelings.
- 5 Was there a beta?
- 6 Looks like a mixture of Fallout 3 with Borderlands.
- 7 I Love the concept art
- 8 canon?
- 9 Release Date?
- 10 Fallout Online /isn't/ F.Online 2238..?
- 11 Wondering
- 12 APB
- 13 Only for PC
- 14 The Master Lives?
- 15 Not happening
- 16 Online
- 17 Add "Tesla Tower House" as possible location?
Yeah, right[edit source]
- Huh? It is in development, and has been in pre-production for years now. Ausir 15:46, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- I second that "Huh?". It's called FOOL by people, not by the devs. Fallout Online, FOOL is an easy acronym that makes a regular word, unlike FO. Bah.
hey does anyone know how its doing and if its coming out anytime soon? 2 june 2009
It should be noted that on the Interplay website under Careers, there is a listing for Technical Director and under requirements "•Previous MMORPG experience.•Familiarity with the Fallout® universe. " XxVlurpxX
Possibly a refrence to Vault 13?[edit source]
Its called Project V13. What about Vault 13? User:TheFrogger|TheFrogger]] 00:10, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
Can't wait![edit source]
Like a version of WOW that isn't a WASTE of time :P lol jk.
I still think it looks cool though :P --XG33Kx 01:36, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
THIS WILL BE EPIC!!! by wasteland survivor
Is it true? I have mixed feelings.[edit source]
If this is true it "may" not be a good thing. Fallout was a game that helped get me away from the MMORPGs. I don't see VATS working in a MMO PVP environment and if they lose the vats fallout isn't really fallout anymore. Bethesda did a great job on FO3 but they had experience with making open ended RPGs. Also I wouldn't want to see it done like wow Id rather see it so first person was still the best view. Everything would have to be different. Currently you can miss a shot in first person while pointed directly at them. This wouldn't work in online pvp. If they gave you a ability bar like in wow with all your attacks on it would be retarded. What attacks would they put on it? Kick melee shoot gun? I suppose you could make opposite factions based on things like raider mutants vault people ect. And they would probably try to add magic which would be retarded. I can see how they would do diff classes. Doctor thief explosives ect. But that would ruin the ability to build your character the way you want... dividing your skills. All in all I think this may ruin the tradition of fallout. It sounds great at first but really they would have to change to much. Fallout games are kept semi realistic. Not to mention how much they would probably screw the story line. What I would prefer to see is a version of fallout that has a higher lvl cap and keep releasing expansions like they are currently doing but with an only co-op play. Where you team up with someone and run around the wasteland. Multi player but not mmo. What do you guys think? Good or bad? Not to mention an mmo might distract them enough that they stop releasing fallout games. --CrazySuni 07:11, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
Not all MMOs have classes. They could do VATS similiar to Red Dead Redemption's Red Eye in the muliplayer part of the game. And for the last time, Bethesda is not making the MMO. 188.8.131.52 22:14, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
Why does the game have to be exactly like World of Warcraft? This is a video game, it's a pretty flexible field. SilencedSouls 22:09, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
Was there a beta?[edit source]
There are some screenshots that are on the page now, and I was wondering, was there a beta or something? - 16807 Compunctious Transgression
There is apparently a beta coming out fairly soon that you an sign up for on the game's site.
Looks like a mixture of Fallout 3 with Borderlands.[edit source]
Anybody else having the same opinion?
- I just received an email from someone who is working on this project and he is abhorred that you've even compared it to Borderlands. :P Saccade 19:35, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
Abhorred, why? From what I saw of borderlands many of the asthetics were taken from fallout 3, in other words they copied the atmosphere and feel of fallout. Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery.
I Love the concept art[edit source]
The concept art is so interesting. its not quite Fallout, but still pertains to certain Fallout characteristcs Post-apocalyptic-guy 00:21, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Chris Taylor works on it, so it's definitely Fallout. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 07:24, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
is this even going to be canon? you would have independent players messing around, a certain amount of lenincy and changes to make the fans happy, and to top it off the game might not even be legal, so is any of it going to be canon, or are we just going to have to wait and see? Katikar 10:12, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
- At this stage, no-one can say for sure - if I had a guess then I'd assume it'll be a similar case to Star Wars Galaxies (another MMO) in which the setting, NPCs, and events are all considered canon, but not specifically the player-created characters themselves. In canon, any events or missions within the game may just be referred to as having been brought about by "a group of Wastelanders" or something non-specific. --BADavid 21:47, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
Judging by the looks of the armor...
hell no --Alexmikli 04:05, January 31, 2011 (UTC)
Release Date?[edit source]
Wait how do you know it's going to be released in 2012? Did I miss some news or something? Bot2345 01:48, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
If it is, that's a short amount of time to develop an MMORPG. I can already tell this game might be trash, but I have my hopes up. The concept art is nice though. 184.108.40.206 22:09, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
Fallout Online /isn't/ F.Online 2238..?[edit source]
Take a look at this: Fallout Online 2238 Download Link
This is the download link for a Fallout Online client / installer [dur]. I think that it's the latest incarnation of an old mod for Fallout 2 that didn't really work. Whenever I play Fallout 3 on Steam it always pops up giving me the product/CD key, telling me that I may need the key to play multiplayer online. I've never tried to do it, so Idk if it works or if Steam have just f*cked up (surprise surprise)...
Here's the FOnline 2238 Forums:
We'd tried a few (and messed around with a few) mods and hacks to see if we could get Fallout working online for some hardcore multiplayer deathclawing of innocent civilians - figured it would be like Arcanum's multiplayer - as Fallout 1 & 2 are probably better suited to proper online and multiplayer stuff than the FPS shooter that Fallout 3 (aka Elder Scrolls: Fallout) became. How would VATS work..? Needless to say, none of our attempts to get Fallout to play like that worked, but it seems as if these guys have managed it.
It seems that they're updating it fairly regularly and that it should be going in the direction of how Van Buren was meant to be, using 2D3 and all that malarky. At least according to Himmler, who found this particular mod after the other Fallout Online mods all failed to deliver the goods (most didn't work the same way that ES IV: Oblivion Online mods failed).
The main problem with FOnline 2238 is that there are so few multiplayer quests right now. It mostly consists of "Single-player in a Multi-player world" quests; the only multi-player interaction comes in the form of robbing, killing and/or insulting the other players who are online at the time (relatively few atm...). What it needs is a few people to help out, concoct and script a few multiplayer quests.
- Thanks to Mutie069696 who has contributed a new quest for this mod :D Saccade 19:37, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
I'm not sure if FOnline 2238 is already on this wiki. When I saw this addition, this was the first thing I thought of.
It's a good thing that Fallout Online is not being made by Bethesda. (Imho)
Some pictures, from Himmler's review/posts:
Saccade 10:59, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Nope, Fallout Online is an official product, FOnline is a fan-made mod. Ausir(talk) 10:46, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Really? I had no idea it was a mod and not an official product. I must've forgotten to mention that several times... :P Saccade 11:01, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I'm not sure what the intent of your talk page entry was, then. FOnline 2238 isn't covered by this wiki as we generally do not cover mods; it is covered by the Fallout modding wiki instead. -- Porter21 (talk) 11:13, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, yeah - I know all that stuff, but we've had another 50+ people sign up since I placed this here. It's the discussion page and, as such, will be archived in due time. I'm not spending any more time on it and - i'm sorry if you feel you have to - I don't think it's worthy of any more discussion and it should not be collected in the wiki main.
- As I said - it was just for interest's sake. And people wonder why I just disappear... Take it easy guys. Lazy Saccade as 220.127.116.11 09:53, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
Hi ive been wondering will this be (kinda) the same as fallout 3 as in will there be bots like super mutants raiders wastlanders (Ect)
Take that and multiply it by 3. Now multiply it by 8. Thats gonna be the map size
20101221 - resized the map --18.104.22.168 21:10, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
APB: All Points Bulletin didn't last three months before shutting down. Considering Interplay's "reputation" with administrating its business, the possibility of legal disputes over the Fallout franchise and other factors like the real possibility it might completely bomb with the reviewers like Final Fantasy XIV...
Anyway, is there any interviews(with ex-black isle folks), coverage or other material covering these points? Fallout: Online always sounded like a carwreck waiting to happen to me.
ACTUALLY APB is now free to play. So it's not gone. Check your facts. 22.214.171.124 02:46, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
- "Facts" hilarious! APB had a $50 million budget, crashed and burned got bought for £1,5 million and is now free to play(1-Crappy game people don't pay to play 2-????? 3-Profit?), though still in beta with issues like "crashes every 2 hours". I'm sure Interplay, with its starling reputation under Caen management, is going to do way better with a $30 million budget and constant legal actions by Bethesda! Dr. Lobotomy
Only for PC[edit source]
Oh, Really? The Unknown User 03:02, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes. Really. FOOL will only be for the PC like most MMORPGs like World of Warcraft and Star Wars Galaxies. CHIEF Talk to me 11:08, December 7, 2010 (UTC)
Can someone say Wasteland box cover art for concept: A day to live a life on.
On map size they will do every state all fifty or only their capitals and as a treat to Fallout fans Las Vegas will be turned into Wastelands map.
The Master Lives?[edit source]
The messages etched on to the table are very interesting. How could The Master possibly be alive? "HAROLD" is also etched on to the table with a heart next to it.
Not happening[edit source]
I was told Interplay is bankrupt. Fallout MMO is NOT happening.
they have 35 million in funding.. far from bankrupt.
If Fallout MMO or the online play does come out then the maps are going to have to be huge. they will have to bee alot bigger than some of the prvious games, like in fallout 3 you could walk the map extremely quickly. None the less i think its going to be a awsome addition to fallout.
Add "Tesla Tower House" as possible location?[edit source]
It might be a little early to be naming off locations when there is a possibility the game won't even be made, but there are two pieces of concept art that look to be part of the same building.
Should Tesla Tower be put in as a location?
Edit: not to mention it also appears on the postcard in the trailer. Halfsnacks 00:40, August 12, 2011 (UTC)