This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Rad Child".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
I see no indication of the interval in the GECK. I see the magnitude listed under the various radiation levels, applied to the effect "Regen" but no interval is specified for the effect, either in the radiation level effect or the base "regen" effect. I'm inclined to thing it's once per second, rather than the 10 seconds listed in the article, but without proof I won't alter the article. The only thing to do is test it ingame. Get the perk and Minor Rad Poisoning, then get hurt for at least 100 damage. Check your health points, wait 10 seconds, check your health again to see the difference. If 2 damage is regenerated, then it's once every 10 seconds. If 20 damage is regenerated, then the interval is once per second. I may do this testing myself if someone doesn't beat me to it. --Kris 14:30, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
- My line of reasoning was that similar perks operate at once every 10 seconds (and the health regenerated is much higher than those perks so it'd still be more effective at 10 seconds). Try checking Solar Powered and the implant effects also, if they have actual intervals listed then this one may be every second. I don't have a convenient character to use testing it and don't have the PC (no easy console levels). Mictlantecuhtli 14:38, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Added the perk via console
- Character already irradiated 224 points (minor rad poisoning)
- Laid three mines, stood on them, fired a laser pistol at them, detonating them.
- Health reduced to 85
- Waited 10 seconds or so
- Checked health again: health regenerated to 110.
- This seems to indicate that the regen is applied once per second as I had assumed. --Kris 14:50, October 31, 2010 (UTC)