This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Radroach".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Why are they named radroaches? I thought they were called Big Roach and Small Roach depending on their size. --HEXER 09:04, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- They're named radroaches in Fallout 3, which is more canon than Fallout Tactics, so I used the FO3 version. Ausir 09:09, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- Missed that one -- radroaches they are. P.S. Could you check out Creatures page with me? I left you a message there. --HEXER 11:05, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- It is in terms of official canon, whether we agree with it or not. Ausir 00:50, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
Bad Movie ties
Another creature straight out of the 1977 bad movie classic Damnation Alley (giant scorpions and killer cockroaches in that movie, and it happened to be about nuclear war survivors). Ironically, research from the 1940s and 1950s found that cockroaches are relative wimps when exposed to high doses of radiation, only able to survive 6-15x what a human can (400-1000 rads for humans). In contrast, the fruit fly and some wood boring insects can survive 50000-60000 rads, flour beetles about 100000 rads (that one I caught in Myth Busters, not 1940s-50s research), and a wasp variety almost 200000 rads. In addition, mutations in fruit flies would be much quicker due to their short lifecycle, so I'd expect mutant fruit flies to be even more extreme... --Falseprophet 22:16, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
- And so we know why we have Bloatflies, friend. ^^ Jwguy 14:26, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- giant Fruitflies actually exist in Fallout 2, in an area cut from the final game (EPA) Kamuikaze 17:48, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
Who cares .. they are fun to Squash , so stuff science ..
Stupidest Mod Idea Ever
RADROACH BEHEMOTH! Suvives mini nukes due to immunity to radiation. Nuff said.--Master of cheeZ 20:24, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- I say they add a new, unique Melee weapon to use in dealing with Radroaches: I call it the "Big-Ass Shoe"! -Malus X 18:25, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
Try using VATS unarmed. Super Duper Mutant 05:04, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
What the bloody hell is going on in the second last part of notes? Who decorates their house with radroach meat, and to the point that they need the location of respawning ones? That ought to be a joke. --Mirelurkhunterob 04:20, January 20, 2011 (UTC)