Talk:Ranger station Charlie
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Ranger station Charlie".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
We took one of the women alive[edit source]
Has anyone figured out if the prisoner taken by the Legion is rescuable? I've searched the nearby Legion Raid Camp which is where they take the slaves in Booted. The slaves I rescued are still there, and both times an NCR fireteam comes in and lays waste to the camp. It seems like a natural hook for an unmarked quest...
It is so lame that you can rescue mouthbreather criminal powder gangers but not an NCR ranger...
- In my game, there's a group of four NCR Troopers (a woman and three men) patrolling the road starting just south of the station. The only one that can be talked to is the woman who says "What do you need?" with "Time for me to go." as my only reply option. I thought that might have been her based on the audio logs, especially the first one where it sounds like the Legion attackers may have been disguised as a patrol. I tried killing the others to see how she'd react, but she just attacked along with them. Her and the leader both had machetes in their inventory which didn't seem like standard NCR gear, though. 22.214.171.124 09:34, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I had fun following that patrol. They ere ambushed by a sets of night stalkers (usually a young and adult) that slowly picked each one off. Free loot!! --Drkkgt 05:19, February 9, 2011 (UTC)
- The NCR are not exactly competent themselves, otherwise they wouldn't need the Courier to save them (even though they win like 80% of the random battles with legion soldiers in several of my playthroughs). Mictlantecuhtli 09:38, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Err, no, the NCR is quite competent. The Courier is just a covenient third party that is used to tip the balance in NCR's favour, to break the stalemate. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 11:16, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Perhaps in theory, but in practice and the limitations of game mechanics they are incompetent. Mictlantecuhtli 11:34, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
im pretty sure later on when you can fight in the legion arena the ranger you face last could be the woman they took alive i dont think shes rescuable User:zombieeater6000 decemeber 6 2010
Silent holodisks[edit source]
In my game listening the holodisk does nothing. The quest can stil be completed, as it is easy to guess the camp was attacked by the legion,but could someone add the transcription of the holdisks content to the article ?Croquignol 19:36, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
Odd Occurrence (removed from page)[edit source]
Upon first ever arrival at the Ranger Station, a Veteran Legionary was found asleep in the north trailer with the wood wall leaning against it. Talk option woke him up and he said "Ave" then proceeded to walk out, near the entrance he attacked the NCR Ranger who quickly dispatched him. Had Legion veteran armor, Veteran helmet, Legion Denarius x3, Throwing spear x6, and some misc. items on him. Additionally, a Recruit Legionaries was found asleep on the top of the trailers to the north, again quickly dispatched by the NCR Ranger and had a .357 magnum revolver, and misc. gear.
Yea i just found the same 2 guys in the same place...spy's maybe? Spraynpray9932 16:04, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
The same thing happened to me... the hilarious thing was, the ranger didn't care at all that he was sharing his station with legionaries... 126.96.36.199 03:38, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
New Game[edit source]
On my approach I found multiple Legion troops (unlike the first time). Luckily there were THREE caravans and mercs. However, the Legion did dispatch the vipers enroute before I killed the legionaires.188.8.131.52 00:00, January 21, 2011 (UTC)
Ghost Bug?[edit source]
When I walked out of the station after it had been attacked. I looked up to the chair where you can watch the canyon and I saw for a second someone sitting on that chair and then disappear. A unique bug or an intentional ghost? I recorded what happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ga2bzEUrg
I stumbled onto this camp after discovering the Legion Raiding Camp nearby. While I was exploring the little sniper/lookout position I noticed some Legion troops attacking a caravan. They then moved into the NCR base and killed everyone there (including Stepinac). There was two Legion Veterans, two Recruits, and a Decanus. It was way too much for the two NCR troopers.
Ranger Beaumont[edit source]
Something that should be at least noted in the article is that the main part of the rangers stationed there are out on patrol by the time the Courier shows up at Ranger Station Charlie, as Comm. Officer Stepinac points out in dialogue with the player. He also specifically names the Commanding Officer of the Ranger Station, a Ranger Beaumont. Of course, we see nothing of him in the game at all and he is mentioned in one measly line of dialogue (I think that's all it is), but I still think he should be mentioned as the Commanding Officer of Ranger Station Charlie in 2281. Any thoughts? Is it worth mentioning him and his rangers out on patrol? Rilery13 (talk) 20:41, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
- Good catch! ...<sadface> *sigh* We are working on the dialogue project. This particular file has yet to be added.--Ant2242 (talk) 20:54, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
Sorry for pestering you with all of these complaints on the articles! These were just mere observations. But do not worry about not being able to provide the dialogue file, it is amazing you all have time and patience to make all of these articles so precise and accurate! Keep up the good work! Rilery13 (talk) 21:36, 10 October 2014 (UTC)