Talk:Reclining Groves Resort Homes
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Reclining Groves Resort Homes".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Isn't the rigged wastelander a random encounter which can happen at various places? I definitely didn't have it in the Reclining Groves area but in the vicinity of the Red Racer factory. Porter21 13:27, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, it is a random encounter. See Wastelander#Bomb -- Mirar 13:35, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- And so is the deathclaw... Mirar 14:11, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure of this, too. Might as well delete that section.126.96.36.199 04:38, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
A couple paces east of the map marker is a fence. There's some barbed wire along it, and on one of the wooden fence posts is a skull with wire coming out of it's left eye socket. Weird :P LJ Carrion 23:34, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
This place is crazy with random encounters. Outcasts spawned and blew up half the town shooting at a bloatfly with a gatling laser of all things (and hit a car or two). Then two giant radscorps came running in at the Outcasts. I jumped into it to kill the scorps and then a deathclaw decided to join the fun. Then I leave and find a sentry bot chasing escaped slaves around a military checkpoint and firing missiles everywhere. Sheesh. 188.8.131.52 13:21, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
Shooting Practice At the Barn.
If you go upstairs in the barn to the east, look out the window/upper exit facing NE where the chair is and you'll see an old bus. On top of the bus are a bunch of cans, whiskey bottles and nuka cola bottles all lined up on the top of it. Aim your weapon at any of them and see how accurate you are at hitting all them off the bus! It's fun and good practice! I've kept a save of it. --HeadphoneDisaster 03:18, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
I let the AntAgonizer live and when i went here she was here plotting, but i couldnt get her to survive the 2 deathclaws/robots and enclave ambush (both possibly random but it happened three times in a row) 184.108.40.206 04:39, September 24, 2009 (UTC)
What kind of resort has a military checkpoint? No, seriously. There's a road leading out of this place, and there you can find a tent, a military truck, some roadblocks and a HIGH RADIATION LEVELS warning sign. There's no radiation in the homes, so I guess they finished the cleanup? (The sign I'm talking about is like the ones around the White House, Vault 87 etc.) Yukabacera 14:06, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
Flamethrower skill book
The information on the location of this book is pretty useless. The barn wall is lined up ne/sw but nowhere on a line from the barn to the power line towers is a pile of tin cans, a tree with bodies or anything similar. I covered virtually every square inch of the terrain (over 90 minutes walking back & forth) found NOTHING. More than a little frustrated ... Arisian 09:34, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
After a lot of screwing around and searching over 1/2 dozen other sites, I finally found the skill book. It's interesting how many sites have the wrong place for the book and how vague the directions are. I posted some that actually give someone a fair chance of finding it without spending over 2 hours looking. Arisian 22:38, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
Lots of good info here, I tried to consolidate and streamline it but here's the original stuff. Fifthace135 16:35, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes is really hard to find. Stand at the north east corner of the scavenger's barn face the bus with compass set to exact north east. The actual direction is almost two tick marks to the north (it's 3/4 of the way to the second tick on the left of the NE. Face that direction then pull up the world map, zoom in as far as you can. Follow a line in the direction you're facing until you JUST ABOUT cross the next horizontal grid line on the map. You just under half way between the two vertical grid lines, slightly to the west (left) of the center of the horizontal grid line to the north. Put a map marker there, because you can't walk straight to the spot, you have to go north to climb the cliff/hill. When standing on the spot where the book is, the tip of the silo is two ticks south of southwest and a tree is within arms length directly on the southeast compass point. Telling Dogmeat to search for chems can help lead you to the spot; there is some psycho on the ground near it. Note: It is underneath two bodies; A mercenary and a wastelander body.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes - Head northwest away from the barn up a mountain/hill, once you pass the rocky edge, then head 1.5 notch north of East. Travel for some distance, right as it slopes back down you should see some trees. One of the trees has some tin cans scattered around it as well as some chems and the book. If you hit the rocky ledge you've gone too far. The two bodies mentioned will eventually vanish; if this isn't your first time in the area they are likely gone. The book is a little to the left of the top middle of the map square.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes - Easier directions: Climb to the upper floor of the Scavenger's barn and standing in front of the chair, face the mountain behind the burned-out bus. Looking just a hair north of northeast on the hill you will see three trees in a line, with a fourth smaller one just to the left. The book is located directly under the last tree in the line. In a more general sense, if you followed this path as the crow flies, you'd run directly into the electrical tower that is north of the Alien Crash Site.
Fallout 3 Locations Project Standards
Getting used to the proper layout, someone who cares and has time please look at this.
- Can the long paragraph of directions be included in Notable Loot as seen, or does that all belong in Layout?
- Is the Related Quest info actually a Note?
Thanks, Fifthace135 13:45, June 15, 2011 (UTC)