Talk:Remnants power armor
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Remnants power armor".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Location of quest-free armor
- 2 Hmm?
- 3 Status
- 4 Night vision?
- 5 (DeAdLy 1mPaCt 17:27, January 8, 2011 (UTC))
- 6 TARGET - PLEASE SHOOT ME
- 7 Incredibly low item hp
- 8 I thought it was MK I, not II....
- 9 Incorrect Item HP Listed
- 10 Charisma
- 11 Two Copies
- 12 My new fave.
- 13 cannot find in deatchclaw promontory
- 14 Saving and Reloading in Deathclaw Promontory
- 15 Armor mod
- 16 Dat Helmet
Hey. Thanks to whoever wrote this but how do you start the quest? ALl I know is that Cannibal Johnson is involved somehow.
Location of quest-free armor
It would appear that there is nothing east of Coyote Mine, can anyone confirm it can be found there?
- I found the "Deathclaw Promontory" due east of Cliffside Prospector Camp on the other side of the river. If you don't know where Cliffside Prospector Camp is, it is east of Lucky Jim Mine. --Deboriole 03:25, December 13, 2010 (UTC)
It's the same armour, just the correct name. I honestly think that the Advanced power armor page should just be updated and renamed to this. Knightlag 05:11, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
When wearing it, are you disguised as "Enclave" or does it remain neutral? 220.127.116.11 02:00, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
It doesn't have an assigned faction. 02:28, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- seriously though, wearing this should invoke some kind of reaction from people. i mean you are walking around new vegas looking like the armored tank man and noone even thinks twice... like oh yeah, thats normal.
- im glad its not associated with a faction so you can always wear it, but it would be cool if once in a while someone was like "holy F***, look at that tin can man" or something you know.
In Fallout 2, people had a real reaction with this power armor, for example asking you " how you did to piss with this thing ? ". Another, when you were a member of a family of New Reno and therefore enemy with others, you could work for others because they do not recognize you ! (Also works with the T-51b). It also gave +4 to strength and your character was very large compared to others. Itachou [~talk~] 19:05, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
I'd love it if in a DLC, a power armour actually makes you bigger with it equipped (Taller, stockier-looking, more like a human tank). Maybe they could counter it with having a ridiculous weight or speed penalty, like say -4 AGL, + 4 STR, -15 AP, +10% Unarmed Damage/ Melee Weapons? And maybe -3 Charisma, because you scare the life outta people :D AR700SAW 20:37, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I can see why it doesn't have an assigned faction and people don't react to it. Unless you're military you probably don't know about the Enclave, even then they're a footnote of history. They abandoned the west coast when their oil rig was destroyed in 2241. In New Vegas it's 2281. As far as anyone knows the enclave has been destroyed for over 40 years. If anyone sees the enclave armor they're going to wonder where you scavenged the antique rather than think the enclave has returned. --A Pickering 17:10, November 22, 2010 (UTC)
Do you have friend of the night perk or might have used cateye or nuka cola qaurtz.
(DeAdLy 1mPaCt 17:27, January 8, 2011 (UTC))
TARGET - PLEASE SHOOT ME
Does anyone else think it's idiotic to put a glowing circle in the middle of your back? Sure, LED fans look cool on our gaming PCs, but people aren't shooting at those. --StClair 23:16, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, this armor was already in Fallout 2 and she also had this, they respect the design that all. Personally I really like that, this is my favorite armor of every Fallout, I'm finally happy to see it in 3D. Itachou [~talk~] 23:19, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Enclave soldiers are REAL MEN THAT NEVER TURN THEIR BACKS ON THE ENEMY.http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 23:22, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
Especially powder gangers, who know you're aiming at them even when you're invisible. But this armour is tiny, I switched back and forth between APAMKII from FO3 and this armour, and it's really small. It's like a slim figure compared to any other power armour, especially the armour from Fallout 2.AryeonosWhat!? 23:01, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
Incredibly low item hp
Is it normal for such an advanced armor to have lower item hp than any other older power armor?
- compared to other power armor, yes it has low item CDN health, but its not any worse than most medium armors. i wore 1 set of medium armor for 15 levels and only repaired it to full when i got it... when i stopped wearing it the CDN was still over 75% on both pieces. its really a non-issue.
and honestly who cares, with this, toughness x2, and dermal implant i have 46 DT. im a beast.
- In the NCR side, the Major Knight with the perk " Confirmed Bachelor " can repair any items free, so item hp is not a problem ;) and it's your character is not in the NCR side, the perk " Jury Rigging " nicely done. Itachou [~talk~] 18:18, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
I thought it was MK I, not II....
Why is this labeled as MK II, the in game armor is not matte black and doesn't match the F02 description of MKII?
- Simple, it's the Mk II because the Tesla Armor Mk I of Fallout: New Vegas is lower than the Remnants power armor, if the Remnants power armor was a Mk I, the Tesla Armor of Fallout: New Vegas should be better because if the principle of the armor Tesla it's to improve the base armor like it was seen in Fallout 3 where it's higher than the basic model. Here, the Tesla Armor is inferior to the Remnants power armor, this means is that the Tesla Armor of Fallout: New Vegas is a Mk I and Remnants power armor of Fallout: New Vegas is a Mk II.
- And even the Mk I was black in Fallout 2, but it's just the model in-game that is like this, as seen on the talking head of Fallout 2, the armor is dark gray. Itachou [~talk~] 16:34, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
But I thought the wiki vote came in favor of it being MK I with fallout 3's style being MK II. The lower stats in the tesla model are do to the rigging (I didn't think we were using FO3 stats as cannon since they are so screwed up anyways) and not because of the Mark designation. I'm pretty sure this is MK I, maybe they will use MK II in an expansion? : )
- No, the debate is over for the fact, clearly specified on the page Power armor, that the Advanced Power Armor Mk II of Fallout 2 and that of Fallout 3 are two different power armor. All Fallout 3 is Canon and the lower stats for the Tesla armor are because it's based on the Mk I. If ever another power armor appears in an add-on of Fallout: New Vegas with the designation Mk II, whether in the name of the item or designated by an NPC, we will change what it takes =). Itachou [~talk~] 17:35, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
- There is absolutely no indication in the game that it's the Mk. II. Removed unless you can provide proof that it's supposed to be the Mk II, not the Mk I. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 18:23, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry guys, didn't mean to cause trouble, in either case I think it is great, cheers! : )
Incorrect Item HP Listed
This armour has WAY more than 400 HP. I've been through hell and high water with this thing on and I've not had to repair it once. Missiles, mutants, deathclaws, gauss cannons, turrets, explosives, traps and the entirety of the legion I've fought, yet I only have a sliver of my condition down. Just to clarify, this was the armour found in deathclaw promontory, not the quest reward armour. If this was the value listed in the geck, either you missed some zeroes, or the value is so high, that it jumped the max value and is going up again. I also have built to destroy, and I do not have Raul as a companion. This is about the most durable thing I've seen in New Vegas.18.104.22.168 00:29, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
- True, never had to fix the thing despite taking a LOT of damage (It IS at 75% now) DMZ Sniper 21:24, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
The item HP is indeed 400. Dunno why it's not taking damage; the T-45d has 1000 health and we all know how often you gotta repair that. --Kris 00:38, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
It does take damage but because it's DT is so high it takes greatly reduced damage to it's HP under most circumstances but if you try to take on a bunch of Deathclaws or Cazadors you'll see it's condition fall like a rock and that's if you survive being hit multiple times.--BattleBen 06:40, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
It's funny how wearing the Enclave Helmet still gives you -1 to CHR and wearing T-51B helmet +1.
Years after the Brotherhood and Enclave have been publicly sighted, people still hate the Enclave (-1 CHR) and love the Brotherhood(+1 CHR)!
- Haha sorry but the Enclave in Fallout 2 also wear T-51b ;), it's Fallout 3 that change everything. Itachou [~talk~] 00:31, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
The point stands, the armours are considered iconic of their respective factions. Whether they all wear the same armour or not. 22.214.171.124 03:41, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
I encountered a useful glitch with the Remnants Power armor/helmet where I can obtain two copies of both. When I went to give it to Boone, it copied the armor/helmet and the same thing happened when I tried to drop it. I had to press drop twice to drop both the armor/helmet. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this.--126.96.36.199 00:07, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
My new fave.
I had been using the Ranger Combat Armor for a while, but this is so much better. The Ranger helmet looks great on it too. I just wish it didn't have the huge shoulder plate things that make it look like you don't have a neck. I love having me and Boone wear this everywhere, and with "Oh, Baby" on his back, he looks beast.--188.8.131.52 08:48, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
cannot find in deatchclaw promontory
i have viewed a youtube video showing wher the bodies in the deathclaw promontory are but they are not there, why?
It took a while for me to find them too, but I did it. Problem for me was I just walked by them without noticing them because a bush or something (can't quite recall what) blocked my view of them when I passed. Nashorn1127 03:02, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
Saving and Reloading in Deathclaw Promontory
On the page, before, it had said that one way to fix the glitch that causes the armor to disappear is to save and reload. I removed it from the page because if you save and reload in DP, ALL OF THE DEATHCLAWS RESPAWN. Just incase anyone wanted to know why I did that. Seriously, whoever suggested that should get an award for being an idiot.
Does anyone know if there is a moded version of this armor without the back piece availible on the fallout nexus?
It still looks like a creepy bug face to me.
Despite claiming to sustain a wearer without external water for weeks, in game it doesn't seem to have one iota of effect on Hardcore mode. Would have been great if in hardcore it worked like the vault 13 canteen to slow hydration loss or generate some purified water every so often. Heck, dirty water would have been fair, considering you eat radoactve food. 184.108.40.206 22:45, 25 May 2015 (UTC)