This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Resource Wars".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- Which part of 2052 notes is based on the Sierra Depot / Chris Avelone timeline?
Going to try to add a battle box
- Check the Bible. Sign your posts.--dotz 06:43, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
There is no armed conflict infobox template in this wiki yet. Someone would have to create it first. Ausir 10:32, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
Just Bugs Me
I have some issues with the Resource Wars which Fallout 2 expanded upon:
- Does anyone find it strange that they basically fought a war over a single oil rig? Unless that oil field was truly massive, there would be no hope of supplying an entire country.
- How do you keep the location of said derrick hidden?
- Fusion power was apparently available to the masses, meaning that oil would decrease in importance. (Fallout 2 even indicated that the PMV Valdez would normally be fusion powered, but wasn't marketing purposes). If you have fusion reactors that small, you don't have an energy crisis.
--22.214.171.124 03:01, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
- There is now an article to try and cover your 3rd point Oil_in_the_World_of_Fallout --Lodley 02:18, October 18, 2009 (UTC)
Petroleum dependancy and automobile fuel
It should be mentioned that while most American automobiles were by this time being designed to operate via nuclear fusion (which would render petroleum supplies redundant) this is not be the case, as petroleum products would still be vital for many other applications (plastics, chemicals, etc).
- the above moved from article--Gothemasticator 22:40, October 25, 2009 (UTC)
Schouldn't the unofficial begining to the series of conflicts colectivly known as the Resource Wars (2052-2077) be the US invasion of Mexico (2051-Unspecified), after all the begining to that conflict started around only one year prior (2051), and had the same goals? (Controll of some of the last oil reserves on the planet.)--Ant2242 22:31, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
Title for wars after Euro-Middle Eastern War
If the dissolving of the European Commonwealth was 2060 and they were until 2077 still fighting, acording to the Fallout Bible "...quarreling nation states, fighting over the remaining resources." What would that period be called? Ex.European Nation-state Wars?--Ant2242 23:15, 3 December 2011 (UTC)