This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Ronald Laren".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
For some reason I can't find him. Can someone tell me where he normally should be? 22.214.171.124 02:22, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
- He doesn't seem to show up until after you take the quest from Sierra, it seems... /Mirar 11:45, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- I guess he's probably being spawned as you leave Sierra's house to ensure he's there to make his offer. --Porter21 11:49, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Is it possible, that he is named for Ensign Ro Laren of Star Trek - Next Generation fame? --126.96.36.199 11:39, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- Do they share any similarities? /Mirar 11:45, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- God damn, people really reach for these "references". SpellChecker 14:44, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think it's that much of a reach. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw his name. It could be a coincidence, but it's possible it's an intentional reference. 188.8.131.52 06:11, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
Ronald can die before he gets to the Nuka Cola plant
(XBox 360) Had this encounter, and used the Black Widow perk to have him run off. I followed him to see what would happen. Poor guy ran into a Yao Gai which took his head off (literally) in 2 hits. I reloaded, got him to run off, and went directly to the Nuka Cola plant - he never showed up. His body never appeared on the floor, so I have to assume he can (and did) get killed before he ever makes it to the plant!--184.108.40.206 16:35, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
For some reason sometimes i will fast travel to Girdershade and there will be animals or robots attacking eachother i will usualy kill them but i went into his house and there was on some occasion a Deathclaw, Robobrain, Sentry Bot, or Yau Guay, or Giant Radscorpians. I finally got tired and let them kill him. (XBOX 360)--PX1279 09:01, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
Has anyone tried setting Ronald to essential so he doesn't die and then sending him off to find Quantums with Black Widow? I think I might roll a female character and try this out.
I reckon he'll die anyway since its scripted, but its worth trying. If i had the PC version, the one id try is Mister Lopez (suicidal, asks you to give him a push) in rivet city.
Try making him essential and push him off the edge of the ship to see what happens lol.--Greig91 16:29, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- If you make Ronald essential through the console, he will just wait inside the nuka-cola plant. Doing nothing, if he gets inside without being set essential, he will do the same thing and eventually die if you wait long enough. By the way, F3 discussion seems so disorganized.--XxKanin 13:48, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
I cant believe there isnt a tab for every character as to whether or not they can be killed and any pros/cons of doing so. i think that would be a useful feature for every named character, not just the ones who are definently essential and/or trigger a serious bug or quest related glitch upon death. I figured this guy didnt, unless you actually wanted the 200 - 300 caps for the nightwear if you decide to get it, or if you want to get negative karma for the nuka cola challenge. seriously though consider making that information standard, a good example is UESP: the elder scrolls wiki, specifically their pages on Oblivion characters. I dont know maybe its because i've only played through once as a good character and don't tend to kill many innocent people, w/e. (Maverick21 06:05, 13 July 2009 (UTC))
Even though you failed to mention what happens if you kill him. Good job. --Namelesswalaby 15 Jan 2010 1428hrs
Went and killed him on my 14 Harbinger of War, no karma loss for killing him.
I went and killed sierra petrovita immediately and he didnt spawn... You have to speak with her/take the tour before he spawn?
Spinal Tap Ref is Valid IMO
There is no need to delete this trivia because that line is, in fact, in the song. Here is the lyric:
- "Working up a hot sweat
- Crouching in your pea patch
- Plowing through your bean field
- Planting my seed"
-ArmeniusLOD 21:19, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
He's not there.
I went to Girdershare to give Ronald the Naughty Nightwear, but all I found was Sierra running around her house. When I went to talk to her, it told me she was fleeing, but I guess a glitch wasn't letting her outside. I went to Ronald's house and he wasn't there. Did something scare them into running off?
How to get Kneecapper with Black Widow?
In the notes it says "He has a unique sawed-off shotgun called "The Kneecapper". The player can either loot his corpse to obtain it or ask him to hand it to you if you have the Black Widow perk." I have the Black Widow perk, but I'm not getting any option to ask him for his gun. --Jimnms 09:41, September 30, 2010 (UTC)