Talk:Scoped .44 Magnum
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Scoped .44 Magnum".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Fun fact: when using the scope on a scoped weapon, your aim tends to wander a bit. How much it wanders is dependent on your skill with the weapon. A skill of 100 means it doesn't wander at all. --Macros 08:59, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
- It also wanders a lot if you have a crippled arm, even if you have a skill level of 100. I love these little details. --Macros 23:08, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
I love usin this gun its so much fun lol Friv 06:26, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
I'm adding "May not always appear" next to the "Smith Casey's Garage gun cabinet" entry in the locations, because I checked and it wasn't there for me.
Scoped .44 Magnum better than Sniper Rifle?
I noticed that someone claimed that the Scoped .44 is generally superior to the Sniper Rifle. I beg to differ. The Sniper Rifle's telescopic sight is vastly superior to that of the revolver. The Victory Rifle's critical chance is better than Blackhawk's. Its spread of 0 trumps Blackhawk's spread of 0.3. Lastly, it uses arguably more common ammunition, .308, while Blackhawk uses .44. Should the claim that the Scoped .44 is superior to the Sniper Rifle be removed? I decided to bring it up here rather than start an edit war (or skirmish, given that it's a pretty small edit).TheCzechDuck 01:07, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, remove it, it's patently untrue. BigMill 08:03, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Okay...Done. TheCzechDuck 14:53, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
Someone might want to add this to notes:
- The inclusion of this weapons in the post-apocalyptic setting of Fallout 3 is likely an homage to the identical weapon wielded by "The Humungus", the leader of the raiders in the film Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981).
BigMill 08:09, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
why are ALL 44 magnum pictures black? the majority of them arn't, blackhawk is,and i don't know about paulsen's or calahan's,but normal 44 magnums are silver--JoeHanSon 03:12, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
No offense is intended, but when are we gonna get generic, un-scoped magnums? I just don't find the scope that useful and it's usually in the way (I get up close and personal before firing a head shot), but I love the magnum all the same. I just think that since the scope is actually a mod, there should be some of the originals lying around too.
- I agree,on rare occasions I snipe my enemies but most of the time the scope is just a bother and 44. Magnums are some of my favorite weapons.--FO3DLC 19:27, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
- I also agree, with mothership zelta you can get Palsons revolver, an un scoped .44, with a high critical hit chance. Its strong.JASPER42 20:54, June 26, 2010 (UTC)JASPER42
Ive maybe found another location:
West of Arlington Library there is a building with some traps, a turret and a raider. Its in the room with the raider, in a safe (Hard Lock)
could you check this?
I found a scoped magnum inside the cryslus building, in a room located on the right wing - turn right right after you have entered the building (if not, just go one floor above). It seems locked first (average lock, as far as I know), but this said room turned out to have a hole in the ceiling. You can enter it by heading to the second floor, heading to another room located below the locked one, and just jumping down. The revolver is laying on a desk (or chair, don't know anymore) and there's also a magazine that increases your small arm skill (or something like that) next to it.
would be nice if anyone could confirm this 184.108.40.206 22:47, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
Notes Section? Don't see one. Anyway, this should be added to it if it is made.
In V.A.T.S., when seeing the bullet in slow motion, the bullet is a rifle bullet. Probably a .30 cal. Just thougt it should be mentioned...220.127.116.11 15:28, August 20, 2010 (UTC)