Talk:Shishkebab (Fallout 3)
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Shishkebab (Fallout 3)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Can fire damage stack?
- 2 move images necessary
- 3 thanks and Schematics - Shishkebab needs work
- 4 One would think...
- 5 quick question
- 6 Gas Leaks
- 7 Oblivion trivia
- 8 Shishkebab or Deathclaw Gauntlet?
- 9 an outcast???
- 10 ultimate combo for shishkebab
- 11 DMC
- 12 Killing harold
- 13 New Vegas?
- 14 Followers can use this.
- 15 Overall DPS
- 16 Regarding the origins of the word: "Shish Kebab" (Şiş Kebap)
since there are 4 schematics can you get higher than V2?
- Nope, V2 is max(Tried to add more that 3 with console, stops upgrading at V2).
- Sorry, ive made a typo here - meant to write V3 not V2, as V3(+20% dmg) is max.
I thought V3 was the max... I got a V3 Deathclaw Gauntlet and a V3 Shishkebab. Maybe it's not the same for all weapons, though. Molechops 13:36, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
could anyone give more specific directions to the schematic near megaton cos i cant find it
That the shishkebab finds next to a pot of gold ist a joke right? 23 clicks west of Megaton leads, 1 click north east of rockpopolis and there is nothing just dust
- It is; as far as I can recall it said "you can recognize him easily because he is the only dark skinned raider in the group" --18.104.22.168 15:33, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- There were two "Locations" edits which were trashed in the 64.85.xx cleanup
- Twenty clicks west of Megaton, you'll find this item on the corpse of a dead Raider. He's among a group, but you'll easily recognize him by the blackness of his skin. (TerminalMancer - 9/11)
- I found it on a corpse by the outdoors movie, near the ***hideaway entrance. (22.214.171.124 - 11/11)
- Assuming he meant Hamilton's Hideaway? Since these appear to be genuine contributions, I've restored them. Dafpants 22:47, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- There were two "Locations" edits which were trashed in the 64.85.xx cleanup
- No thats a joke, i checked the hole area, "a pot of Gold" & he grants you "Power Armor Training".....sounds after a joke. If nobody confirmes the location we can erase that. --126.96.36.199 07:05, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
After trying to understand why the hell I still make "Shishkebab" even with v2 schematics and quick poking in workbench scrips, I understood that 10% increase is applied to initial conditon of Shishkebab, while the weapon itself is exactly the same as before - because there's actually only one version of Shishkebab item. Am I right? --Rowaasr13 21:41, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well im not sure, but when I create the Shiskebab while owning V3 plans It doesnt say its V3 - so etither its a bug or it icreases the dmg of the weapon like the perk for fire weapons (that it shows the increased dmg straight away)
At the beginning of this Talk page, someone said that better versions of the Shishkebab have increased damage. But the page itself says better versions have increased durability. Can someone clarify? Also, the page says the damage type is Fire, but in my impression most of its damage comes from its Melee strength (compare 53 melee dam vs. 2 fire damage/second for 5 seconds, if I'm reading the Damage info correctly). I would think its damage type is Melee, if you had to choose one. -188.8.131.52 17:49, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
That 4th note of Trivia (that it's related to the garden of eden story) is one hell of a stretch if you ask me. ;P --KittenyKat 15:13, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
Can fire damage stack?
Do multiple hits increase the damage over time (just like poison from dart gun)?--ManMadeGod 17:42, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
move images necessary
misleading entries still present. also, can someone move the images to a better location?
-1 ammo capacity? also, could someone please please redirect Schematics - Shishkebab to this page and/or tell us how to do so on this talk page? k ty bah bai Makes 17:55, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
thanks and Schematics - Shishkebab needs work
the images look much better now, awesome. i had a question: are the locations listed the supposed locations of actual Shishkebabs or Schematics - Shishkebab, the latter page is missing alot of info atm but i don't want to move that info there because it might not be reliable (considering there is 3 max schematics?) and because i don't know if the schematics is what the information refers to.
- yeah the locations refer to the schematics
Is there any point in using any other melee weapon? The Shishkebab seems to be hands down the best melee weapon by a long shot. I'm trying to make a guide and I found it strange that there are so many other melee weapons, but this one can be found so early and is just so devastatingly effective.Galcoe 02:12, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- I like the Shishkebab for the added fire damage, which also tends to back attackers off (like radscorpions), but you can still be overwhelmed by sufficient numbers. It's either the Shishkebab or the Deathclaw Gauntlet.Shadowgm 20:33, 23 December 2008 (UTC)Shadowgm
- Its definitely the highest damage melee weapon, however, other weapons (like the super sledge) still have advantages in attack range and sweep, you can hit things from quite far away or off to the side, which really helps during fights in real-time. The ripper too has its one special advantage, it functions like a fully-automatic melee weapon. --AshRandom 20:54, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
I hate all you people with your "oh, this weapon is better than that one, and oh that weapon pwns this one." Sometimes it gets annoying; it is fun to look like freddy kreuger though. Oh, and that reminds me, the Deathclaw Gauntlet is TECHNICALLY an unarmed weapon.
One would think...
Given that this is a gas-powered melee weapon with a large gas tank on it, you'd think this thing would require flamer fuel to run, wouldn't you? 184.108.40.206 22:42, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
I bet it did originally, the power fist probably took energy cells too, game testers must have bitched them out, I give Bethesda credit for siding with the fun-factor gang. AshRandom (Talk) 23:02, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- What I'd like to know is that how, 200 years after shit hits the fan, there are still thousands of perfectly working, completely full motorcycle gas tanks, and the gas hasn't settled or gummed up like it would if you just let it sit for 200 years.
- The same reason all that pre-war food hasnt turned to dust yet: radiation. Remember that Fallout science follows popular 50's believes about sciense. - Redmess 22:45, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
i just got the v3 of the shiskebab. i was just wondering, i did not upgrade mine to v2, so does this mean the next time i going to upgrade it, will go to v2 or v3?
- If you've got v3 then you got v2 and just missed seeing the notification, right? Or did you cheat with console commands? note: vance from the family gives it to you, I suppose it's possible to miss that event. AshRandom (Talk) 20:30, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
no i did not cheat on the console commands. what happened is that when i got the v2, i did not upgrade the weapon. i just got the v3 and upgraded then when i had the v3. but my problem is that it is not improved at all. it is the same as v2 not v3. what should i do to get to v3.--That70sdude 02:48, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- You did not "upgrade" the weapon? Don't worry, it happens automatically. Honestly, I'm not even sure what you're talking about at this point. What kind of upgrade were you expecting? All that happens is that the weapon doesn't degrade as fast... That's *all*. Well aside from when they're built they start out at a higher CND%... AshRandom (Talk) 19:31, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- Slight clarification-- you always create the same object regardless of what schematic you have (i.e. there is only one "Shishkebab" template in the game files), and they all degrade at the same rate (i.e. they lose same amount of CND per hit). Only thing that changes with higher schematic versions is what the items "current" CND starts at when you first create it-- which is a percentage of your Repair skill: v1 = 75% of your repair skill, v2 = your repair skill, v3 = 125% of your repair skill. So, for example, if you have 40 repair skill and a v1 schematic, any shishkebab you create will start at 30% CND--Sigma1932 06:05, 22 February 2013 (UTC)
ok thx for the help.--That70sdude 22:15, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- "The Shishkebab may set off gas leaks simply by having it drawn near one."
I have Fallout for the 360. I took out my Shishkebab near a gas leak and walked around the gas leak, and my character did not set off the gas leak. However, the gas leak did combust when I slashed at it with the Shiskebab. Can anyone else confirm for the PS3 and PC? --Azncutthroat 23:48, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Actually I share the 360 version and while walking through the Our lady of hope Hospital I set off two gas mains back to back without a single swing 20:50, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
While walking through the metro tunnels, i sparked off gas leak around 2 meters away from me. (PS3) 22:21 23 May 09 (UTC)
I see a pattern, I see a pattern. When Azncutthroat tested it he unsheathed it while in the gas leak, but the other two were just walking around with their weapon unsheathed; do you see where this is going? Chalk one up for the glitch finder. Woot
i removed this crap-trivia, because there are like 30 fire-swords in oblivion.
Shishkebab or Deathclaw Gauntlet?
So I have an Energy Weapons character whose level 16 right now, and I want a decent melee weapon to fall back on (I've been using a ripper). I finally found the deathclaw sanctuary so I raided it and got 11 deathclaw hands. I can finally make a deathclaw gauntlet, but I also have the shishkebab schematics. So I'm asking, which is better, the deathclaw gauntlet or the shishkebab for someone who is just going to use it occasionally
Personally, I would prefer the Shishkebab, with the reasons being the fact that I have the Pyromaniac perk, Point Lookout damage increasing perks, and Samurai Armor. With 100 Melee Weapons, at 100% condition my Shishkebab does 88 damage with all the previous perks/armor, wheras the Deathclaw Gauntlet (with 100 Unarmed) only does 37 damage and is only affected by the Point Lookout perks. However, if you have Iron Fist perks, then the Deathclaw Gauntlet can potentially do more damage with a much higher crticial hit multiplier. In the end, I still prefer the Shishkebab because it only requires 1 level-up perk to bring out its full potential: Pyromaniac, wheras the Deathclaw Gauntlet requires 2-3 Iron Fist perks to maximize its effectiveness. JCnightstrike7 05:01, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
if i remeber correctly, i got the GOTY for the PS3 tuesday. i played operation A for the new energy weapon. well, as i fought with the outcast members, i couldnt help but notice one of them was using a shiskebab. is this only on the PS3?
ultimate combo for shishkebab
shishkebab+ghoul ecology+superior defender+pyromaniac+samurai armor(it gives +10 to all melee weapons damage=pretty frigin sweetToolazytomakeaaccount 16:47, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
I read that the Shishkebab crudely resembles the Red Queen from Devil May Cry 4. This appears to be true (not offending the Shishkebab in any way). EHeroFlareNeos 17:30, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
I removed the reference to the plasma rifle killing harold, I'll add it to the relevant quest page and mention that plasma is super-heated gas Ishotamaninnewreno 12:13, January 9, 2010 (UTC)
if anyone here subscribes to the Game Informer, please draw your attention to the October issue in which there is an FNV preview. the bottom right hand corner of the page depicts the Courier attacking the New Vegas version of a bloatfly or something with a flaming sword, i.e. Shishkebab. can someone please confirm? if so, should i add it to the New Vegas weaponry?
1) Yes, it is the Shishkebab.
2)An image of an huge fly being attacked has already been metioned (an is on here somewhere) 3)Check your facts dude. Ths Shishkebab has been on the lidt for ages.
JaspertheViking :D? 15:37, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
Don't add New Vegas information to this article. This is for the Fallout 3 version of the weapon. --Kris 20:26, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
Followers can use this.
Just tried it on Charon and put him to close range fighting, he killed a super mutant brute in one hit! (normal difficulty)
--220.127.116.11 15:30, February 22, 2011 (UTC) Random Guy
When fire is factored in, the shishkebab does 103.9 DPS. Can someone add that to the chart/
Fire weapons just lost a lot of favor from me.Katamariguy 02:47, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
Regarding the origins of the word: "Shish Kebab" (Şiş Kebap)
I'm correcting the mistake about the origins of the dish a second time, and this time I've included a reference. Consider this before you undo my edit and declare it a dish of an ancient, non-existent nation that has nothing to do with it. 18.104.22.168 19:43, October 24, 2011 (UTC)