This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Slot machine".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Isn't the "invalid chips in list" bug related to adding mods with new casinos or changing load order?
- 2 so would this avoid the anti cheating measure 38
- 3 Double 7's also give payout/luck?
- 4 it took so long
- 5 three oranges under 30 min with 6 luck?
- 6 60 second cool down after a load
- 7 New Patch Slot Changes, WTF
- 8 Net profits not like real slots?
- 9 Name?
so would this avoid the anti cheating measure 38
saving 2 different saves when you win, than reverting to the first of the two saves when you lose a hand?
- No, make one save when you win (or two, if you want), but when you need to reload, load any other save first, and then the one you want. Kal 15:50, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm, just tried it myself, doesn't seem to work. Dying is probably easier! Kal 15:55, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
I just got 3 grapes in a row and I LOST MY BET. Wtf. --22.214.171.124 02:03, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Are you sure that the grapes were lined up along the middle line? The divider lines between symbols are a symbol themselves. So if the grapes were just above or just below the center line, that's actually a loss. - Dmunsil 02:42, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I just hit 3 grapes tonight and won 80x my bet (screen shot). --Jimnms 08:13, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- seems to be a rare bug that turns up now and then just lost 200 after getting orange,cherry,7 and lost instead of getting 400 dollars Sparkler 16:50, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Nope, I definitely got three grapes in a row. What a bummer... could have gotten a ton of chips --126.96.36.199 05:36, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
Double 7's also give payout/luck?
Yeah, hit hiddensymbol - 7 - 7 and got 6000 caps from my 200 bet. Don't know if anyone else has this, but the possibility isn't mentioned in the article so far. Running the latest patch on my pc version.
Also, does anyone else have ideas on how much luck is advised before trying the slots? With a luck of 7 they still slurp away all my chips; the above situation was with a luck of 10 (8+implant+naughty nightwear) 188.8.131.52 15:42, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
I also hit BAR - orange - orange today and I won 32000 chips, I was very happy but at the same time I was really confused. I have actually won with 7 - grape - grape also, I think its a bug.
it took so long
i spent a hour or two trying to get orange orange orange at gommorah it took a long time and my bet was 200 every time i buy 2000 chips every time i go for my regular new Vegas afternoon
three oranges under 30 min with 6 luck?
Is there any veracity behind that note? It seems quite arbitrary. I spent an hour and a half trying for the jackpot with 8 Luck before giving up.
In my experience, each machine, and table for that matter, allows you to win/lose more. In my case, at 7 luck, I was doing max bets at a slot machine in Gomorrah for an hour, staying at about equal loses and wins, before I tried the next working machine, and got 3 oranges in about 2 minutes. Just try all the machines and see which ones you win more on.
60 second cool down after a load
is there any way to avoid it? the time thing doesnt seem to work
- If you're on PC, there are a couple of plugins available that remove the 60-second anti-cheat timer. They are here and here. Mods do not disable achievements. If you're on console you're SOL, unless you power down your console and restart that way, at which point the sixty seconds would probably be over by the time you get back in game anyway. ArmeniusLOD 19:21, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
New Patch Slot Changes, WTF
The max bet has been decreased to 75 in the latest patch, and the max payout of 3x oranges is now only 100:1! --ArmeniusLOD 19:07, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
I also noticed that the rate at which I am getting jackpots with 10 Luck is a lot different. Pre-patch I would most often get bars or oranges after 8-12 spins, moving from one machine to the next. Post-patch I am getting lemons as quick as 2 spins of the slots, and grapes after 6-15. I have not gotten any orange jackpots after the patch after spinning the slots literally hundreds of times. --ArmeniusLOD 16:54, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
YES!!! They corrected the tempting money exploit of 9 Luck + slots = buying everything in level 2. :D Brfritos 03:24, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
Net profits not like real slots?
Playing a little slots at the Sierra Madre, I noticed something that bugged me. But since I've barely played slots in-game or out of it, maybe someone can tell me I've got this wrong. The tallies in the lower left tell me how many chips I've got, and what my current earnings are. They are correct. But what I noticed is that the earnings do not go down the moment I pull the lever. It waits to see that I don't hit a payout, then it deducts my bet.
But isn't that wrong? If have earnings of 0, I bet 1, and I hit one cherry, which is "bet x 2", I end up with earnings of 2. That's a profit of 200% of my bet. Shouldn't the money put in have already been deducted, so that I only net 100% of my bet? That is, "bet x 1" to cover the bet, then another "bet x 1" profit? I find it hard to believe that real slot machines work this way. If they don't, I'm surprised this article doesn't mention it. --184.108.40.206 00:24, August 22, 2011 (UTC)