This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Snow globe".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Snowglobes?
- 2 Just curious...
- 3 Vault-Boy in snowglobes?
- 4 nice....
- 5 Killing House?
- 6 other snow globes
- 7 My images
- 8 Lovely
- 9 Nellis AFB Snowglobe location
- 10 Citizen Kane?
- 11 Weight
- 12 Gibber-jabber about not being able to remove them
- 13 Vault 21 sign?
- 14 DLC Snowglobes
- 15 Place for DLC snowglobes
- 16 tester snow globe
- 17 Is it possible to have the snow globes on the stand after you've killed House (and removed Jane)?
- 18 DLC Globes don't snow?
- 19 2,000 caps?
- 20 Lonesome Road snow globe
- 21 Lazy developers?
- More than likely. I can't wait to see whether the Lockpick one snows or not. :P Nitty Tok. 18:16, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
The effects can't be all that similar...
From the Fan Interview on the official forums.
Will there be anything like Fallout 3's bobbleheads in New Vegas to collect? From @Neon0x via Twitter
JS: Yes, there will be something similar to bobbleheads in the game, and you'll receive an in-game reward for finding them. That said, they do not give you SPECIAL or skill bonuses when found.
126.96.36.199 21:35, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
I'm not saying that the article is wrong, but when were snowglobes announced? How do we know this? I'm just curious because I must have missed it.B2tg 05:11, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- I found one on the graveyard nearby Goodsprings in my hands-on session at GamesCom, its title was "Limited Edition Mojave landmark snowglobe" but as far as I can remember nothing showed what it would do in terms of bonus stats. You probably will have to store them at your house just like with the bobbleheads before you get the bonus. DaftMav 13:24, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Snowglobes were announced by MCA after Sawyer mentioned that there would be something similar to bobbleheads.
- DaftMav, do you remember exactly where it was? We could put that up as a page. Nitty Tok. 14:05, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- - I don't remember the exact name of the graveyard, but it's one of the first markers you get on the map and very close to Goodsprings. You can actually see it from the town. I found the snowglobe on one of the graves in front of the headstone. It's one of the graves on the right side when you enter the graveyard. DaftMav 14:41, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
Vault-Boy in snowglobes?
Will there be the Vault-Boy in the snow globes or not, just wondering Gheart 19:49, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
Unlike fallout 3 there will be a in game effect instead of stat increase—Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
I don't think so; in this installment they seem to be getting away from the whole "vault project" aspect of the series, which makes sense since it isn't being considered a main installment (Fallout 1234). Even getting the Pip-Boy does not seem to be a well-explained main point ("Oh, you almost died, heres a free Pip-Boy"). So I think they'll be more focused on Vegas themes. RadRuler 17:09, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
As the snowglobes can only be sold for cash or displayed I removed the line saying it was equivalent to the Bobbleheads as they clearly aren't --LordVukodlak 14:57, October 15, 2010 (UTC)
We know they are awesome, but please keep personal opinion out of the main article. --Grupa 'Zamamee 13:04, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Whats awsome about them? I don't even see why they waisted code to add them. Oh look 2,000 caps guess that might be nice when you start out.
Its half an operation. Agent c 12:28, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
Nice to see you all know exactly where the good info is. Especially sense you copy and pasted the exact words from our post in the x360a.com forum. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266985
Can you still sell the snowglobes to Jane in the Lucky 38 Penthouse if House is dead and the robots are non-hostile? If not, crap --Pratstercs 22:14, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
- You can't, but it seems you get the cash prize for picking it up. At least I did with the Honest Hearts globe. Tyrasis 07:24, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
other snow globes
I dont know if i was looking at it correctly, but i picked up a snow globe that was titled "Test site" does anyone know anything about this?
- It's one of the 7 in the game.
The Test site snowglobe is possibly a reference to Howard Hughes' displeasure on Nuclear Testing, according to the LA times nuclear tests at the Nevada test site would rattle his penthouse suite in the Sands.
Wikipedia makes a claim (that I can't find verification of) that Mr Hughes instructed his aides to offer bribes of up to $US1 million to Presidents Johnson and Nixon to stop testing but his aides never made the offers
Coming back to the LA times artcle, it makes the claim that a seconds test site, the Central Nevada Test site was setup to try to placate him, however only one nuke was tested there (just to see if the site was suitable).
Agent c 12:34, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
My replacement images of the snowglobes are not showing up. Mine are listed in the image's page but they aren't actually showing up. --BrentH27 17:01, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
This really are annoying me. I'm stuck with so many quest items in my inventory that I can't get rid of! And they couldn't just make it so you could just place it on the stand? Nukey (talk) 19:38, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
I know, how do you put them in the stand? Deathclawpoop 23:11, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
You sell them to Jane. IFallen Sith 20:12, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
Nellis AFB Snowglobe location
If you are snow-globe hunting and using this wiki to do it you may find the Nellis AFB snow-globe a bit hard to locate as the location is extremely vague in the all the pages related to either the snow-globes or the Nellis Air Force Base. From the entrance look north and you'll see a white building and a redish brown one with a rounded roof towards your left, head to the space between the white building and the redish brown one and then head west/north west until you see three brown buildings in a row all with rounded roofs. Head for those buildings and cross the tracks, the museum is the far right of these three buildings. The snow-globe is to your right as you enter.--188.8.131.52 01:30, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
The snow globes must be a reference to Citizen Kane, right? The eccentric, secluded billionaire, fascinated with the snow globe? Part of Kane's influence was from Howard Hughes, who is also clearly an influence for House.
- Kane was not based on Hughes but on Hearst. There's several decades difference between the two. And Hearst wasn't a recluse like Hughes at all, just an unhappy old man, living in luxury and regretting the past. There's really not enough to go on here. The snowglobes don't visually correspond, they don't serve the same purpose, and House and Kane don't match up either.--Gothemasticator 12:28, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
Has nobody else noticed that despite them having a weight of 1 pound each they don’t actually take up any weight while in your inventory? The article states they weigh 1 pound, shouldn’t it state that they are actually weightless for all practical purposes? This is also true of the caravan deck and the platinum chip btw. ReapTheChaos 03:33, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
- This is due to them being considered quest items. HeadManiac 23:16, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Gibber-jabber about not being able to remove them
No. IFallen Sith 20:35, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
Vault 21 sign?
I assumed that the sign advertising Vault 21 was made after the Vault opened, built by Michael Angelo using the actual Vault Door. However, If you look closely at the strip's snowglobe, you can clearly see the Vault 21's sign in the background. Is this a developer oversight, or was the sign a pre-war existance? If so, why did Vault-Tec advertise a Vault? I'd imagine a swarm of scared, drunken gamblers would flock to it at the first mention of a Chinese nuclear attack.
Does anyone else think that every DLC will have a snowglobe? If you look at the shelf above the stand, the one from the Sierra Madre Casino is there. There is room next to it for at least a few others. If so, I hope we don't need Jane for the other DLC ones because I just killed Mr. House after getting all the normal ones. Ganondorf 07:38, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
Same =/ and but I'm doubley annoyed because I've done the DLC and the last 20 Sunset Sasparila Star Caps and 40 places discovered twice after accidentaly saving over a save data and now I've found out I missed the Sierra Madre snow globe bcause I didn't know it existed, and I'm a weird horder person who actually decorates my house (lol) so I'm not happy :( --Lyco499 21:20, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
Place for DLC snowglobes
So there are the shelf above for DLC snowglobes... but why everyone telling there is room for 5 snowglobes? Visually, it can only place 4. Any screen with all the globes on their places (including Sierra Madre one)?184.108.40.206 13:51, January 27, 2011 (UTC)
tester snow globe
I have talked to Mr. House and gained access to the presidential suite but the snow globe is still inaccessible!!! it's the PS3 version I don't know what to do. I tried talking to Mr. house again to no avail PLEASE HELP!! Billistik555 21:11, January 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Speak with Jane in front of the elevator in the penthouse. Ask her about House's snow globes and then you will have the option to sell her yours (2000 caps each!) 14:47, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
Is it possible to have the snow globes on the stand after you've killed House (and removed Jane)?
I don't really mind not having the caps, but it would be nice to have the complete stand if possible. I tried using console commands to remove the snow globe from my inventory, but that doesn't place it on the stand. Is it possible to do it?
DLC Globes don't snow?
That's what it says on the page, but mine do snow on the inside. Is this the same for everyone?
Applepixie 02:33, August 30, 2011 (UTC)
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091211115910/fallout/images/thumb/e/e3/Icon_pc.png/14px-Icon_pc.png Why does the main page imply all three add-ons do not have snow when Zion National Park does? GRPeng 04:38, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- It is describing the animated snow. The DLC snowglobes lack the animation.--Kingclyde 04:43, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- My Zion National Park globe does snow. Is this PC only? GRPeng 05:02, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- It might be. I'll look into it some more tomorrow. If so, then we can move it to the bug section.--Kingclyde 05:27, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
The introductory text says you get 2,000 caps for obtaining snow globes, which in my experience is a total misstatement: you only get caps for selling them to Jane. Can anyone comment on it? I'm on the PS3 version, but if this is untrue everywhere, it should be removed.
—ZorkFox (ষTalk) 05:29, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Read closer, that segment if only for the DLC Snow Globes, which when picked up grant 2,000 caps (2,000 Sierra Madre chips for the DM one if I remember right though) and they are automatically put on display in the Lucky 38 Presidential Sweet without having to go through Jane. 05:33, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
Lonesome Road snow globe
Can anyone confirm anything about the snow globe for the divide?
The strip snowglobe has the vault 21 sign in the background, the madres has the cloud in the background and the big empty one has a robo-scorpion that was inspired by radscorpions. They clearly overlooked that they where old world trinkets.
Each of these can be easily explained. Strip snowglobe: All the vaults were commissioned by the US government well before the Great War, most being completed by 2063. Sierra Madre snowglobe: The Cloud was an experiment by the scientific heads of Big MT introduced to the Sierra Madre during its construction, again before the Great War. Big MT snowglobe: A bit more speculative, but Dr. Mobius could very well have constructed or at least drafted plans for the robo-scorpions before the Great War. Possibly for military use.Servonut 12:19, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
- The Madre has hills in the background and a setting sun. The Vault 21 sign in the Strip snow globe was probably because Vault 21 was an attraction, as well as shelter before the War. The Big MT snowglobe features a small Giant Roboscorpion, which was a pre-War military project undertaken at Big MT's X-42 facility. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 12:23, October 25, 2011 (UTC)