This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Solar Powered".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Anyone know the rate of health regeneration? 18.104.22.168 23:49, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
The script look like this:
ScriptName SolarPoweredRegenScript Float MicroRegen Begin ScriptEffectUpdate If IsInInterior == 0 If GameHour > 6 If GameHour < 18 Set MicroRegen to ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds / 10 RestoreAv Health MicroRegen EndIf EndIf EndIf End
... maybe 1 hp per 10 seconds? Does it seem correct? --Mirar 09:03, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- If I got this correct, it restores more and more health the longer you stay in sunlight. Because
Set MicroRegen to ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds / 10
- where MicroRegen is the amount of hitpoints you regenerate each second
- and ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds is the variable that counts how many seconds you've been in sunlight. That amount is divided by 10, and the outcome is what MicroRegen is changed to.
- Thereas, in "mathematics language" (if it's easier to understand than my gibberish :P)
X = Y / 10
- X = regeneration amount
- Y = elapsed seconds in sunlight
- Nope, not correct. The line you're referring to simply tells the game to restore one point of health per 10 seconds. This is the same command used in the Nerves of Steel perk. If your assumption were correct, that perk would cause a player to regenerate action points faster over time until, after just a couple minutes of gameplay, his or her action points would regenerate more or less instantly. (That perk has no required conditions, such as being outdoors or a certain time of day, as this perk does.) Mind you, at least it would actually become useful in that case, as 1 AP per 10 seconds is not even remotely helpful. P.S. I'm sorry if I stuck this in the middle of your post... I wasn't sure if the following line was by you or someone else, as it was indented differently.22.214.171.124 09:04, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
If one would want to "cheat" and create a mod that makes this work indoors too, it would be as simple as removing the If IsInterior == 0 line and the last EndIf line completely.
--Burneddi 21:59, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
This perk isn't as useful as Night Person since it only works outside and has similar amounts of bonus to SPECIAL stats. Some players may like getting both perks so they're "useful both day and night" but you can wait 12 hours without penalty save for Well Rested bonus.-Accountless Avenger
It appears to be 1 hit point every 10 seconds, and I don't see any evidence of a speed-up occurring from longer sunlight exposure. In any case, it's never fast enough that you'll actually notice your health going up on its own, and you may as well ignore this feature of the perk. The +2 strength isn't that much better, either. Because it goes away the moment the sun goes down or you enter an indoors area, you can't actually use the extra carry capacity, and chances are your strength is already maxed out by level 20 if you're into melee weapons. If you really want this, just take 2 levels of SPECIAL training in strength. You can do it at level 2 and 3 when nothing better is available, and it's active 24/7, and that leaves your level 20 perk for Explorer or Grim Reaper's Sprint.--126.96.36.199 02:02, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- Or just take Nerd Rage and get a STR of 10 along with +50% to DR.. Requires some practice to survive at 20% of your total HP, but it can be done if you are good at stopping action to apply a stimpak.. Probably not the best approach if you are hardcore mix-it-up melee style player, but if you want the STR mostly for additional carrying ability, Nerd Rage is the way to go.. In addition, you should consider that you can only ever pick one Level 20 perk (if you dont get Broken Steel DLC) and both Ninja and Grim Reaper Sprint are so much more valuable than Solar Powered.. 188.8.131.52 17:01, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- I took nerd rage and when I need extra carring capacity I just drop/step-on a fragmine... once my health is nice and low I teleport home. this perk (solar powered) is a total rip off!--184.108.40.206 00:41, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- This does work well with Night Person, allowing me take advantage Night Person's benefits until daytime, then going outside and waiting until night again to restore health. Even better if I'm outside already, since it allows me to wait until 6pm between encounters to restore health. The strength isn't a big deal, but helps with my fast traveling after looting somewhere. Between the level 20 perks, it is a nice choice if the player doesn't specialize in VATS or rarely uses them(Grim Reapers Sprint), isn't a close-combat specialist (Ninja), and doesn't care about unlocking all locations on the map (Explorer). This is without broken steel of coarse, although given that most of the BS perks are not that useful (Karma adjustment?!), there are many worse choices than using a Solar Powered/Night Person combo with or without the add on. Ilovefuzzykittens 14:01, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
natural healing rate
Don't know if this perk effects it but fallout 3 seems to a natural healing rate of around 16 points per 24 hours, that's over 36 days to go from 1 to 590 hp.
Changed by the patch?
On the forums, Josh Sawyer said that it now heals 1HP/sec. Could someone look into this?220.127.116.11 04:47, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
Out of date
Heals 1 HP per second
Does it work in Dead money(Vvardenfell 13:30, May 15, 2011 (UTC))