Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Springvale".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
The Tips section talks about being able to spawn near a mail box and use that mail box to safely store stuff... I can't find any information anywhere else about this so I'm wondering if it's true, I haven't tried it yet but plan to, just wandering if it needs some follow up, or maybe it's just a pc hack/exploit (I play the 360 version). thanks --Codeles 21:52, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- It's just a regular pre-war mailbox, works just fine on Xbox360. AshRandom (Talk) 21:54, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Is This True?[edit source]
""Be careful when fast traveling here, raiders, sentry bots, yao guais, vicouis dogs, and even deathclaws have been sighted. This may be a glitch, behemoths have been sighted here at high levels.""
- Unpatched xbox360, I've never seen anything in Springvale, it's been a ghost town across 9 game so far.
- Patched xBox360, I've not seen much in Springvale, although I don't fast-travel there. There were some giant ants hanging one time I traversed (not fast travelled) through the town. I'll check it out today and see what happens. --Sp3lly 17:01, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- There used to be an Enclave robot spewing propaganda here, but it was destroyed by a bunch of Molerats. Nothing has spawned here since then. --MadDawg2552 17:07, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- You could drag some bodies into town to get them to respawn there.
- PC, 1.0, 1.1 + 1.2, never found anything there. 1.3 occasionally find ants 18.104.22.168 20:49, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
For a brief period, I would find a mole rat near the Red Rocket refueling station and another near the blue mailbox close to the school. This has stopped since I dragged their corpses close to the river, but I haven't seen them re-spawn there or in the ruins since then. However, on my way to Vault 101 (possibly to start Trouble on the Homefront, but I may have been aimlessly wandering, as well; I can't remember), I encountered a deathclaw walking down the middle of the road towards me from the Vault, just before the mail drop box. I reloaded the game, because I knew I couldn't drag its corpse away without wasting a LOT of time, and avoided the area for a few days. Unfortunately, the critter moved closer to Megaton and, upon exiting it, I witnessed a protectron flying through the air away from the town (apparently coming from far above front gate), followed by what I presumed to be the same deathclaw leaping into view from the side of the screen and mutilating Deputy Weld and Crow's caravan. Once again, I reloaded, refrained form getting too close to the front gate for a few days, and never saw the thing again. However, the flying protectron incident repeated itself on one occasion, which I now know is an apparently unrelated glitch. Blutteufel 00:36, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
A house in Springvale ?[edit source]
The article says something about setting up player's house in Springvale... How does one do it? - Blueshade 17:09, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- It's not talking about an actual house that the player owns, but a permanent storage location that is close to a fast-travel destination. --MadDawg2552 17:11, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
If you scrounge around hard enough, you could probably find something to build a fort around the mailbox with, lol. At first I was thinking cinder blocks, but you can't move them, so I think I'll try barrels. SpellChecker 01:05, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
Bobblehead in Springvale[edit source]
"In some cases,maybe on a pc, if you scavenge through the mailboxes and maildrop boxes, a bobblehead can be found."
I've never heard anything about this before. What bobblehead (all 20 are currently accounted for, none in Springvale)? What cases? What Mailboxes? Maybe on a PC? Sounds like either a load of bunk or an honest mistake to me, so I edited it back out. If anyone else has any experiences with this, feel free to put it back in. Some Sort 05:44, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Never heard of such a thing, and I own the PC version. SpellChecker 01:02, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
Nobody's gonna put it back in because it's not true. Kids always like to lie about crap like this to mess with people. Blutteufel 17:51, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Alternate Storage?[edit source]
I haven't tried to confirm this yet, but once, when I had a massive load of crap to haul back to Megaton, I stored enough of it to put me under my weight limit in the garbage can next to the bus stop. Apparently, I forgot about this until much later (at least two, maybe three weeks game-time). However, when passing through on my way to Big Town (I almost never fast travel), I remembered my storage spot and, upon checking it, found that all my items were still there. In case it makes a difference, this was before I downloaded the 22.214.171.124 patch and after I downloaded the 126.96.36.199 patch. I did this on the 360. Blutteufel 20:44, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
UPDATE: I have been testing this for the last hour, now, and indeed, the garbage can holds your items indefinitely.
Vault Heritage?[edit source]
When going through some of the mail boxes here you might find a Vault Note. It is written to a Gomez family, and confirms this Gomez family's reservation for a Vault. Considering the proximity of Springvale to Vault 101, the Gomez family mentioned in the note may be the 101 Gomez family ancestors. No other clues, however, regarding the identities of both Gomez families can be obtained. As such, it might just be a coincident. <Regards, Radnus, 21-4-2009>
this accually freaked me out because my last name is gomez
Cellar door key required?[edit source]
In the house with two suitcases by the door, across from the red megaton sign, theres a cellar door that requires a key. Anybody know how to get in there?
unlockedpickable with broken steel after you complte the original questline. -DragonJTSLeave me a message 03:45, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
I've got brokem steel and its still locked, what gives?
- Same here, needs a key can anyone shed some light on this cellar? Louchuck 03:36, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
I figured it out. It's the Holy Water quest after beating Broken Steel. Talk to Scribe Bigsly(I think that's his name) and he'll, amongst a great deal of frustration and anger, tell you about Megaton wanting another shipment of Aqua Pura... Quest started... Sir VicMignogna 01:34, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
Does it only show up after installing broken steel? and does anyone know if unlocking via (~) will cause any game crashes?
It'll appear after the installation of broken steel, but it has nothing exciting in it, you can earn your way in by getting irradiated but I think it gave me evil karma Sir VicMignogna 16:11, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
Springvale Rd[edit source]
I think the main article reference to Springvale Rd is almost certainly correct. Silver Spring is well to the northeast of the Potomac and Springfield is near Annandale (Andale). Great Falls is a very wealthy suburb of DC and is in approximately the right place.
Article needs to be cleaned up[edit source]
The History section of this article really needs to be cleaned up. Comments about the Postal Service delivering mail, the bus schedule, and the pre-War speed limit are completely useless, and frankly contrary to the purpose of the Wiki. It's fine to comment in a matter of fact way on the contents of the town, but this is not a depository of FO3 location fan-fiction. Geech 22:30, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed. So... get to it!--Gothemasticator 22:33, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I've tried to remove the most offensive language in the article, although it may still require some cleanup. Geech 23:07, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
- You're doing good work. Thanks.--Gothemasticator 23:06, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
This place[edit source]
- Off-topic* Anyone else feel attached to this place? It might be because It was the first place I saw after exiting V101 or just my interest in abandoned towns. I just like going there, It's pretty much my favourite place in the game. Lord Snip...No, wait, King Snip!. 23:26, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
- You're not alone, I feel attached to Springvale too. I just love the place for some reason. I also go there all the time, too. Yukabacera 12:30, March 6, 2010 (UTC)