This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Stealth Boy".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
I think we called it "StealthBoy" in Van Buren to prevent it from being confused with the "Stealth Boy" playing style. - JES
In Fallout 2, you can get one in the Abbye with Killap's restoration project --188.8.131.52 02:20, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
"Some time after they acquired the Stealth Boy technology, the Brotherhood of Steel experimented with those devices. It turned out that prolonged use causes the user to suffer paranoia, delusions, and eventual schizophrenia." Anyone have any ideas how that could have happened? seems rather stupid to me.The great molerat. 17:52, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Doesn't sound too strange to me that not being able to see yourself - as opposed to not see at all - would give psychological effects similar to those. (Paranoia and schizophrenia are rather wide terms.) Mirar (Talk) 18:26, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
- And the stealth field could have other side effects apart from making you invisible - some electromagnetic field affecting the brain or something like that. Ausir 22:55, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Anyone have stats on these?[edit source]
Just tried 'Section B' in the Mechanist's hideout with a stealth boy activated, was detected by everything and wiped out about halfway up the stairs. Are they that useful for those who have no investment in sneak? What level does it need to get to before they start working? (360 if it makes a difference)184.108.40.206 22:23, 6 January 2009 (UTC) Herulach
I think it has less of an effect on robots because, you know they use sensors to detect enemys not eyes( if that makes sense)
I believe there is also one in the Hollowed-out rock near Megaton
Article Mistaken?[edit source]
I removed the note "Although the Stealth Boy helps, if your sneak level has not been changed since the beginning of the game, it has little effect." Since the the stealth boy raises sneak to 100, and and it cannot be raised higher, it should have the same effect regardless of base sneak skill. 220.127.116.11
Carried by Enclave Soldiers?[edit source]
I've found Stealth Boys on two different Enclave Soldiers, though only when playing on very hard. Is this a possible infinite source of these relatively rare things? And do the soldiers actually use them themselves?--Mehbah 17:41, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Stealth Boy vs. Chinese Stealth Armor[edit source]
I just wanted to know if the Stealth Boy's stealth field is the same as the Chinese Stealth Armor's stealth field. What I am really asking is if the all stealth fields are the same. In Oblivion there was "Chameleon" but if you had 20% Chameleon you could be easily detected. If you had 75% Chameleon, you would be harder to detect. Is this the same for the stealth field in Fallout 3?--Sign of the Thief 74 22:15, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Never player oblivion, but it does look the same. Technically, 100 stealth field means you are invisible. I believe +5 stealth field is there just for the looks, and nothing else.
- Yeah, they seem the same, I can't really be detected either way so the Chinese Stealth Suit is pretty much a never-ending Stealth Boy!--Sign of the Thief 74 01:21, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
The text says the SB wears out after an hour. What does this mean exactly? It runs out of power and shuts down permanently?--Amitakartok 15:01, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- It's like using a rad-x. When you use it, it disappears from your inventory, and adds it's effect to you for on game hour. When that hour is p, the effect wears off. -DragonJTSLeave me a message 15:04, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- So the SB is technically a chem because it provides a beneficial temporary effect when "consumed" but cannot be undone once began. However, the guys said the SB time limit stacks if multiple is "consumed", does that the case with "normal" chems too?--Amitakartok 23:12, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
I found two steath boys in the village, one in the shack on the table, and one to the left of the non-accessible shack in a ammunition box. Did anybody ealse find one there?Tehuberleetmaster 22:58, 13 August 2009 (UTC)